The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

+22
Alyson
Chienfantome
Mannix2121
JackBurton
W
Donte77
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
mfrendo
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
SuperShaan
leestu
numbersix_99
Synestro
transformers2
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
becs
JackO
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
26 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 19 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by NSpan Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:10 am

Black Mountain - Angels

these guys rock.. great live show..
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 19 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:24 am

Today, I give you some classic Alt-Rock: The Replacements

silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:10 am

Awesome song from a truly amazing group. Was never lucky enough to see them live (The Mrs. was, and I have to hear about it all the time), but did get the chance to see Westerberg solo a few times.

I guess it can't be good when the music of your time is now being called "Classic" though.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:25 am

Since no actual video exists for this song, I found this video instead.

Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:44 am

Another cool song from down Under. My video pick for Thursday, January 22nd:

Hunters and Collectors - When the River Runs Dry

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:49 am

Bex song of the day is Serj Tankian - Empty Walls:

becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:03 am

captain beefheart - i'm glad
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:23 am

For my video pick for Friday, January 23, I decided to go back to one of the classic artists.

George Harrison - Cheer Down (live)

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:36 am

Ok, my go. For today, I give you:

The Buzzcocks - Orgasm Addict

Sorry couldn't find an older video, have to make do with a recent version.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:40 pm

Great choice NSpan- you gotta love the captain (who got his name from an uncle whose party trick was to take out his...er... manhood and squeeze it hard until it looked like a "big ol' beefheart"). No wonder he lives alone in the desert.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 pm

My pick for today is my favorite song by one of the best bands that ever existed.

Pink Floyd - On the Turning Away.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:02 pm

I remember buying that record when I was college and sitting in my room and listening to it for hours on end.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Good shit donte. One of the few posted videos I actually listened to.

My brother loves the buzzcocks, surfer
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:24 pm

I love that album and I think it is easily their best album, even better than The Wall and Dark Side (both of which are amazing) out of a band that made 2 decades of fantastic music and 1 decades of great music and the 90s ( haha).

I would love to have this on vinyl. May have to look into that. Well, still need a turntable also but you get the meaning.

Glad you liked it Geez. It is hard to tell how many young Pink Floyd fans there are anymore. Hell I am really a young floyd fan The Wall came out when I was friggin 2.

They are amazing.

True story time;

When I was a young teenager who only listened to heavy death metal, I didn't like Pink Floyd. I didn't like anything that didn't include growling, blood, death, and speed chords. In other words, I was an idiot. Then I started drinking at about 18 and I really got into the Doors because of my stoner friends. About a year later, I did acid and listened to Pink Floyd and this time I REALLY heard them. Been a fanatic ever since.

I am sure there is a lesson in there somewhere. Razz

And now you now...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Well I've never done drugs, and I love Pink Floyd. I think there's actually quite a few young Pink Floyd fans. They seem to be one of the most popular bands of classic rock. They did kind of define a genre, which may be why. It also may be because they are one of the stoner's bands of choice, as you said.

I just think their music is really cool to just put on and listen to a whole album and just chill. Especially Dark Side of the Moon. Its very soothing to me.

and also:

I didn't like anything that didn't include growling, blood, death, and speed chords. In other words, I was an idiot.

Truer words have never been spoken.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Donte,

I think the only 3 Floyd albums that I have left on vinyl are that one and two bootlegs. One is a 3 disc box set of them at the Hollywood Bowl in 1972. It was the first time they played Dark Side beginning to end in concert. The second is a two disc set of a live Wall concert from Nassau Colleseum on Long Island. The Wall shows were only played at two venues in America, there and the Forum in LA. Since I was in Atlanta at the time, there was no way I was making it to either site so I'm happy to have the bootleg.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Donte77 wrote:

There is. Do drink and you get into The Doors, do acid and you get into Floyd. Do anything heavier and you start to see genius in Michael Bolton. And that's why you never, ever do anything heavier than acid. That's a cautionary tale to tell the kids at night if ever there was.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:02 am

silversurfer19 wrote:
Donte77 wrote:

There is. Do drink and you get into The Doors, do acid and you get into Floyd. Do anything heavier and you start to see genius in Michael Bolton. And that's why you never, ever do anything heavier than acid. That's a cautionary tale to tell the kids at night if ever there was.

That is about it actually. Although I see no need for anything heavier than acid. If acid isn't strong enough, get stronger acid or do more of it.

I fully attribute my bad teenage musical tastes to the fact that I didn't drink. Being a geek who collects comics and plays d&D, while being a jock who wrestled, ran track, played football, and being a brain and being in honors classes puts too much strain on a boy and he then needs a release. Before drugs and alcohol it was shitty music that was all about rage and killing. I am much more mellow now that I can get drunk. Twisted Evil
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:04 am

Wow, Donte, it sounds like you were like 80% of The Breakfast Club all by yourself! (Excluding the princess... I hope. God, I hope...)
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:06 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Donte,

I think the only 3 Floyd albums that I have left on vinyl are that one and two bootlegs. One is a 3 disc box set of them at the Hollywood Bowl in 1972. It was the first time they played Dark Side beginning to end in concert. The second is a two disc set of a live Wall concert from Nassau Colleseum on Long Island. The Wall shows were only played at two venues in America, there and the Forum in LA. Since I was in Atlanta at the time, there was no way I was making it to either site so I'm happy to have the bootleg.

That sounds great. One thing I hate about having moved my Floyd cd's to my iPod is that I listen to it on shuffle all the time. Most Floyd songs cannot be shuffled since they are all linked and are in a certain order. Hearing Shine On You part 2 without part one is like eating a candy bar without removing the wrapper first...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:12 am

I still refuse to listen to any album on shuffle. That button is wasted on my mp3 player. The wife uses it all the time, but I just can't bare myself to do it.

And Shryke, I think Donte is actually 39%Molly Ringwald from The Breakfast Club, 41% everyone else. And then 20% Shithead from Wanted. [wink]

For those who don't know - Shithead is the combined faeces of all the most evil men ever to live on the planet.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:17 am

Shrykespeare wrote:Wow, Donte, it sounds like you were like 80% of The Breakfast Club all by yourself! (Excluding the princess... I hope. God, I hope...)

Bender. Check. 15 %

Claire. Nope, I was too poor to go shopping. 0 %

Brian. Check, although I would have brought a real gun to shoot other people. 24 %

Andy. Half check. I wasn't a great wrestler, just average and I stopped once they started wanting me to cut weight. 8 %

Allison. Check and a half. I had the misfit/weirdo down to a fine art. 30 %

So we will go 77% LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:18 am

Hey no way am I a princess. Shithead, well yeah.

(BTW, Kaiser is the only other person who maybe got this since he wasn't in the movie. LOL)

Last edited by Donte77 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:19 am

Double post. [GRIN] Dammit, you edited too quick! But I do think Shithead suits you down to a tee.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:27 am

Yeah I did the dreaded Double Post. Serves me write for posting while talking to a customer on the phone. LOL

For those who haven't read the Wanted book.

Shithead is a shape shifting monster, like Batman's Clayface, except he is made of ummm, well, shit. confused

Aww man, I fell into the same trap as N-Span. I blew my 400th post in bantering with SS.

Last edited by Donte77 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next