The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Year Draft League Draft Room

+15
englishozzy
silversurfer19
Rasgriz
leestu
BarcaRulz
IPKI$$
transformers2
J-Man
Keyser Soze
undeadmonkey
Buscemi
Donte77
SuperShaan
geezer9687
W
19 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Full Year Draft League Draft Room - Page 4 Empty Re: Full Year Draft League Draft Room

Post by W Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:43 am

Yep, after the first pick, Geez (who came up with skipping instead of me giving RonB Harry Potter) wanted to give tranny more time, though he thought RonB didn't deserve any more. And, after I was going to give everyone the best pick available and handed RonB HP6, I'm an ass for not giving tranny more time and taking the best film available for myself when my pick came.

It's really been BS from the beginning... Favoring some over others.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Full Year Draft League Draft Room - Page 4 Empty Re: Full Year Draft League Draft Room

Post by W Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:45 am

He's going to be skipped until he picks. He's on "AutoPilot" until he picks. After he makes his picks, he'll go off auto. Its how we've been doing it all along.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:48 am

geezer9687 wrote:No, because W wants the best chance to win. and when tranny doesn't pick, it helps him. Sorry man, nothing against you, but the way you have run this makes you seem like a real dick who is only interested in bettering his own cause and not giving anyone the slightest bit of leeway. Sorry to be mean, its just one example after another that seems this way to me.

Dont take that personally W. I dont hate you either and I think you've been extremely fair. I think that you've been trying your hardest to run this game fair.

I thought we had actually discussed this already anyway. If you miss once you get skipped but if you still havent made your pick from last round then you get skipped again. He has been doing the same with all the others, why is it all of a sudden unfair when tranny gets skipped and W is next?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:52 am

That's fine. Thanks for clarifying it for me, W. I just wasn't sure how the protocol of all this was working. That system sounds fine by me. And honestly, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I emphasise how appreciative we all are of what you do on here, and I doubt anyone honestly believes you are playing this game to your own advantage. I missed what went on at the start of the first round, and I suppose what has followed does seem a little inconsistent. But if we follow these rules from now on, hopefully everything should go smoothly.

Now less of the aggression on here.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:53 am

You know Geez if you want to be a dick about this draft, then why don't you run it instead of complaining about his procedure.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:58 am

Stop the bickering now. We don't need this cross-thread fight bullshit. You and geez wanna fight, do it through PMs or something.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:06 am

and if i may interject, TECHNICALLY I was the one who brought up the whole skipping idea...so if you want, we can yell at me...I can take it.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Hey gang, it's this simple. The wife and I went to NYC for the weekend, and there was a chance that my turn might come up while we were there. It took me all of two seconds to send W a PM asking him if he could e-mail me at my personal e-mail address if my turn did come up. At that point, I would have e-mailed him my picks. Whether we all have the ability to make it onto the list during a given 12 hour period or not aside, we still all seem to know when it is getting close to our turn and should be able to make some arrangement for getting W our pick(s). Whether it is sending him a list ahead of time or having him e-mail/PM you that it is your turn. If you make the commitment to be in the game, then have the common decency to participate, and if you don't, then you have lost the right to bitch about it.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:08 pm

I don't really understand what the fighting was even about. If we sit and wait for each person to pick then this will take weeks.

I made my first pick, then, since it was the weekend I sent W an ordered list of my next 15 choices in case my turn came over the weekend while I was offline. It was very simple and would have saved us all a lot of waiting around. If the others wanted good timely picks they should have taken 2 minutes out of their day to send a list. If they don't send a list and can't be online, then why did they even join the Draft??? W is completely in the right here. We all decided to skip people if they aren't on time. If they still haven't made their skipped pick from 4 fucking days ago, why should we wait on them for another 12 hours?!?!

This isn't about W getting better picks, and it isn't personal against Tranny or RonB or whoever. If they want picks they will get online and make them or email them or fucking morse code them by telegraph. Otherwise they are getting shit movies.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Donte it's your turn to pick by the way.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:41 pm

hehe yeah I got so wrapped up in defending W (not to be confused with my obsession with bashing Dubya) that I forgot to pick.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:54 pm

I will take The Expendables for my next pick.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:08 pm

Good pick Donte. I wasn't sure whether to take Pelham or that one.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:43 pm

Donte77 wrote:I will take The Expendables for my next pick.

I really, really, really wanted to take that one but I was really, really, really scared that it would get pushed even a week and not be playable anymore.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:45 pm

I saw it as being more of a late round sleeper due to the limited playability.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:44 pm

I figure it gets a few weeks and it should (should???) get 50-80 Mil in that time. I had a couple others that I was debating but thought that this movie may get hyped more.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm gonna have to go with Drag Me to Hell.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Well, all 3 of my choices have not been taken. I'm pretty surprised. Have to go with the one with the most potential for a breakout.

Nine
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Is that Nine with Daniel Day-Lewis or 9 with Jake Gyllenhall?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:17 pm

I think he drafted all movies titled Nine, 9, Nein or any other spelling you can think of.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Again i'm going to have to take something else. I'm actually surprised at how long some of what i perceive to be better picks have lasted.

Anyway, i'm taking The Tooth Fairy.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Yeah after buying Race to Witch Mountain for 19 bucks I am leery about another Dwayne Johnson movie doing more than 50 Mil. And this one sounds even worse...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:25 pm

That was gonna be my next pick, good eye, barca.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Donte77 wrote:Yeah after buying Race to Witch Mountain for 19 bucks I am leery about another Dwayne Johnson movie doing more than 50 Mil. And this one sounds even worse...

This ones gonna be more The Game Plan.

At least that's what i'm hoping for anyway.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:55 pm

BarcaRulz wrote:
Donte77 wrote:Yeah after buying Race to Witch Mountain for 19 bucks I am leery about another Dwayne Johnson movie doing more than 50 Mil. And this one sounds even worse...

This ones gonna be more The Game Plan.

At least that's what i'm hoping for anyway.

He's a very likable guy.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next