The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Year Draft League Draft Room

+15
englishozzy
silversurfer19
Rasgriz
leestu
BarcaRulz
IPKI$$
transformers2
J-Man
Keyser Soze
undeadmonkey
Buscemi
Donte77
SuperShaan
geezer9687
W
19 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Full Year Draft League Draft Room - Page 20 Empty Re: Full Year Draft League Draft Room

Post by leestu Thu May 14, 2009 1:01 pm

My last 2 picks are

CASE 39
&
REPOSSESSION MAMBO (hopefully it does better than repo genetic opera, althopugh I know which one I'ld rather see)
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Full Year Draft League Draft Room - Page 20 Empty Re: Full Year Draft League Draft Room

Post by englishozzy Thu May 14, 2009 4:50 pm

hey sorry bout missin my pick, didnt have a computer for a while :s

man its getting slim pickings now, my last pick will be I Sell The Dead.
englishozzy
englishozzy
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu May 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Sorry I let my time get by me. Trying to find a suitable pick after that bastard took my pick. LOL Just kiddin Busci. Wink

I will take The World's Greatest Dad and hope it can get in more thana DVD release. Smile
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu May 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Awesome Awesome Awesome! I make my post about picking the world's greatest dad and I change to Clark Griswald since it was my 1150th post. LOL AWESOME!!!!
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Fri May 15, 2009 3:18 am

I'll take The Killing Room. Not even sure how that will get released or the latest news, but I have a feeling it might pull through.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat May 16, 2009 6:56 am

Barca takes "The Missing Person" . Sorry, he sent it in and everything...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat May 16, 2009 6:05 pm

I am out of town until tomorrow night
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon May 18, 2009 3:12 am

So is the draft done or do we still need Keyser to pick his last one before the waiver stuff begins?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 18, 2009 4:45 am

Tranny still needs to make two picks.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon May 18, 2009 4:49 am

Sorry guys, just got home from The Preakness. For the last scheduled pick of the draft, I'll take Margaret
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon May 18, 2009 4:51 am

Nice dude! How was it!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon May 18, 2009 4:54 am

Preakness was a blast. First time I've ever been to a horse race. Only down side is how long of a day it was. You get there around 11:00 AM, and the big race isn't until 6:15. There are 11 other races before it, and most times it's a good 30 - 45 minutes between races with not a lot to do but drink heavily. Weather wise, it wasn't the nicest of days, but it could have been a whole lot worse.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon May 18, 2009 4:57 am

I see. Well, from the side of a huge horse racing fan, I love going for that all day experience. My buddies and I went up to Saratoga for the Travers 2 years ago to watch Street Sense and Hard Spun race. We were there from 5 am til like 6:30 pm. After we were up all night the previous night getting hammered in our hotel room. It was about 102 degrees that day and we were all dehydrated, but it was so worth the trip. I love horse racing, am a regular at the local teletheater, am 21 years old, and I might have a gambling problem.......

Naw who am I kidding! Twisted Evil
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 18, 2009 5:00 am

I've never understood the appeal of horse racing. It's just a whole bunch of gambling addicts making a big deal out of two minutes. If you want to blow lots of money on something that lasts two minutes, go to a strip club.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon May 18, 2009 5:08 am

Yes, but strippers will never give your money back, believe me. The thrill of horse racing, or any form of gambling. is the attempt at beating the system. At trying to outsmart everyone and getting money for it. That's why I find no thrill in slot machines or roulette or something that I have no control over. I like the challenge of trying to figure it all out
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 am

Buscemi wrote:I've never understood the appeal of horse racing. It's just a whole bunch of gambling addicts making a big deal out of two minutes. If you want to blow lots of money on something that lasts two minutes, go to a strip club.

I'd prefer a hooker. Best two minutes EVAH!

Going to a strip club is like going to an all-you-can-eat-buffet and just sniffing the food.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Mon May 18, 2009 7:39 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
Buscemi wrote:I've never understood the appeal of horse racing. It's just a whole bunch of gambling addicts making a big deal out of two minutes. If you want to blow lots of money on something that lasts two minutes, go to a strip club.

I'd prefer a hooker. Best two minutes EVAH!

Going to a strip club is like going to an all-you-can-eat-buffet and just sniffing the food.

Definitely. Reheated old bird's which are way past their prime and you can only imagine what has been put in them. You can't beat a some fresh hot meat which you have spent time hunting for.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue May 19, 2009 8:54 am

Alright, on a serious note. Hell, who knows... Some of you are probably being serious... But on a serious note, the draft will close a little over a day from now at midnight my time. All draft picks not made by that time will be forfeited and can be made up for, but must go through the waiver system.

If unfamiliar with the waiver system, it only is under effect in two circumstances:

1.) if a film is reported to be moving or
2.) if a film is dropped.
3.) if a film is announced.

If you want to jump the gun and grab a TBA, 2009 TBA, or a 2010 TBA, that's fine. It doesn't have to be on the release schedule.

So, it really shouldn't affect anything unless you try to pick up one of those two things. Also, to help out, when you find an article announcing a film or saying that a film is moving, please post it on the waiver thread and its two days will start exactly then. Thanks Smile
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue May 19, 2009 9:07 am

W wrote:Barca takes "The Missing Person" . Sorry, he sent it in and everything...

I don't get it.. Did someone else want it or something? Why the 'sorry'.. Question
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue May 19, 2009 9:09 am

He was apologizing for not reporting it earlier. This was after I had listed you as "SKIPPED" for that pick. W was just correcting things.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue May 19, 2009 4:22 pm

i will take the Accidental Husband and Vanilla Gorilla
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue May 19, 2009 4:31 pm

And the draft is finally finished after a grueling couple of weeks. The Mr. Irrevelant pick was the long-delayed Margaret, picked by Keyzer. Meanwhile as we have seen so far this year, anything can happen. Especially with the number of titles taken that don't have release dates or even distributors. One of those titles could emerge as a big surprise hit before it is all said and done. And one last thing: good luck everyone. The road will be long and hard but worthwhile in the long run.

By the way, here are this week's titles to be locked in:

To Be Locked In On Thursday at 12:00 am PST:
Terminator Salvation

To Be Locked In On Friday at 12:00 am PST:
Night At The Museum 2
Dance Flick
The Girlfriend Experience
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20