The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2

+13
NSpan
geezer9687
Donte77
SuperShaan
silversurfer19
numbersix_99
Keyser Soze
BanksIsDaFuture
MisterInformative
undeadmonkey
Buscemi
Swedgin!
becs
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2

Post by A_Roode Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:29 pm

I know where you're going with this UDM, and I hope that they don't lose focus. If they include (as was proposed in earlier stages) to make the second movie more about Stark's own alcoholic demons, does that mean they short change the villains? Or will it be a disapointingly predictable film where Tony's alcoholism puts him out of the picture, War Machine has to try and step in and Stark only comes back when his friend is in serious trouble from all the baddies?

Less is more!
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2

Post by NSpan Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:49 am

A_Roode wrote:
Spoiler:
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am

or Tony Stark goes emo and has a sassy dance-montage

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 3 8-robert-downey-jr-4
=
The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 3 Sspider
?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannix2121 Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:43 am

That's awesome that they are getting the cast nailed down here, I believe that shooting begins in the next couple months here...I am getting excited for this one already! Damn, still got 16 months to go!

I'm pleased with who they have cast so far, haven't seen Sam Rockwell in anything for awhile. I think another good player for that role would have been Ben Foster. He pulls off the suave-cocky villian very well.
Mannix2121
Mannix2121
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:16 pm

If you haven't seen Choke, Mannix, check it out. Rockwell is very good in it. I think Ben Foster had his chance with Marvel with X3. I don't think anybody impressed in that one though....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:24 am

I dont think Ben Foster had any kind of chance in that movie. His screen time was what, like 8 minutes?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:25 am

I know, he's a decent enough actor, but I think signing on to that movie was a poison chalice. Unless you were an already established character, your chances with Marvel again are very limited.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannix2121 Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:31 am

silversurfer19 wrote:If you haven't seen Choke, Mannix, check it out. Rockwell is very good in it. I think Ben Foster had his chance with Marvel with X3. I don't think anybody impressed in that one though....

Choke as in the one that just came out a few months ago Choke?
Mannix2121
Mannix2121
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:16 pm

The exact same one, based on Chuck Palahniuk novel. It made my top ten of last year.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:20 am

Okay, we may have lost Emily Blunt, and Mickey Rourke has his cap in hand trying to get anything from Marvel, but at least TBMF has signed on board. Hollywood Reporter has er reported that:

Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and potentially many other films.

Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit S.H.I.E.L.D. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, toplining a possible S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of Iron Man, when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group.

Great news, and maybe puts all the other movies back in line again.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:26 am

YES that is the best news ive heard in days. Sam Jackson is Nick Fury. HELL YES!
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:54 pm

This just in: Mickey Rourke WILL be in Iron Man 2. He will reportedly play two villains, Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo.

Also in, Scarlett Johansson will play The Black Widow. I understand the casting choice, but I'm not a fan of it. Johansson really doesn't add anything to the films that she is in (recently, her role in Vicky Cristina Barcelona was only there because Woody Allen wants something to masturbate to and her roles in The Spirit and He's Just Not That Into You were pointless and could have easily been written out or recast). I would have gone outside the box and cast Zooey Deschanel. I would love to see her leave her gothy and quirky roles for once, become a redhead again and play an action role. I only saw Zooey in the role but once again, they picked the lesser talented but more popular actress for the role.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:53 am

I would've loved to see Emily Blunt in an action movie, but I guess Scarlett will do.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Here's a little Marvel movies update:

The Avengers has been pushed back from July 15, 2011 until May 4, 2012

Iron Man 2 is still scheduled for May 7, 2010

Thor is now June 11, 2011

The First Avenger, Captain America has been moved from May 6, 2011 until July 22, 2011

Spider-man 4 is now slated to hit the screen on May 6, 2011

As for movies this weekend, our local paper gave RTWM the highest rating with 2 stars. LHotL got 1.5 and Miss March got 1
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:29 pm

I love having my birthday on May 6th. I always get a comic movie as a present from Hollywood.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:30 pm

Wouldn't Captain America have worked better as a July 4th release?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:02 pm

You would think so. I would have scheduled it that way. Play up the patriotism angle.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3