The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2

+13
NSpan
geezer9687
Donte77
SuperShaan
silversurfer19
numbersix_99
Keyser Soze
BanksIsDaFuture
MisterInformative
undeadmonkey
Buscemi
Swedgin!
becs
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2

Post by Donte77 Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Captain America and Spider-Man had villians that were 10 times as good as those that Iron Man had, but you are so right, Daredevil totally took the cake back during the Silver Age. You also failed to mention the Ani-Men and The Purple Man.

As for The Owl, you do realize that he was created about 15 years before Wolverine, right?

Ok the Ani-Men suck but I like the Purple Man, well apart from his name. LOL He has a great power but the name is fucking terrible.

He is the comic version of Mr. Pink. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:58 pm

Donte,

I don't know how I could forget this guy when it comes to suckitude. I give you what might have been Daredevil's lamest foe of all time, The Mandrill

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 2 250px-Mandrill_28comics291

The Mandrill is a mutant who exudes pheromones that give him the chemically-based ability to attract and enslave women. Certain women of heightened willpower can resist his control. A mild electrical shock can release victims from his control. His power is ineffective against males.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Man, Daredevil sucks
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Donte,

I don't know how I could forget this guy when it comes to suckitude. I give you what might have been Daredevil's lamest foe of all time, The Mandrill

The Mandrill is a mutant who exudes pheromones that give him the chemically-based ability to attract and enslave women. Certain women of heightened willpower can resist his control. A mild electrical shock can release victims from his control. His power is ineffective against males.

Man yeah he is pretty lame villain too although I wouldn't mind having that power. What a Face

I think Geez hit it on the head. Even non-comic geeks think DD sucks. All they know about him is Ben Affleck and the villains we showed them and that is enough. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Bad DD viallains hijacked an IM2 thread. Shame. Back on track.

I would love to see Mickey Rourke as an Iron Man baddie. Just not Whiplash/Backlash. Not a terrible comic villain but it would be horrible in the movie. Crimson/Titanium/Mauler/Beetle etc. type villains from the Armor Wars would be cool but if they include Stilt-Man I will boycott. Smile

Sam Rockwell would make a great vilain as well.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:21 am

I did just think of something also, if this is in fact true, the potential for Sam Rockwell as a Riddler candidate (which isn't really much more than a few people and not particularly reputable online sources saying he would be good in the role at this point), is likely out the window as well. Personally I thought he would have been a pretty good Riddler myself, but I look forward to him as a villain with either franchise.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:03 am

Responding...

So what about the Mandarin, there was reference to the 10 rings in the first one, are they saving him for Iron Man 3?
I think the Ten Rings and the Mandarin will continue to feature in BOTH of the next two films, but that the inevitable confrontation will be resolved by the end of the third film. (And therefore before any Avengers movie.) But I could be wrong. I DO know that both Jon Favreau and Robert Downey, Jr. originally envisioned Iron Man as a trilogy. The Ten Rings would be the likely ultimate antagonist of said trilogy.

Sounds exactly like Warren Beatty.

Bad DD viallains hijacked an IM2 thread. Shame.
You said a mouthful, there, buddy... And a mouthful of [expletive very much deleted], at that.

Sam Rockwell would make a great [villain] as well.
I just don't see it. He was great as plucky comic relief in Galaxy Quest, so-so as an against-type baddie in Charlie's Angels, and a heap of fetid rotting dingo's kidneys as the President of the Galaxy and Generally Hoopy Frood Zaphod Beeblebrox in The Hitchhiker's Guide. I'd rather take Jimmy Fallon, and, yes, I DO hear your screams. I just don't care.

I did just think of something also, if this is in fact true, the potential for Sam Rockwell as a Riddler candidate (which isn't really much more than a few people and not particularly reputable online sources saying he would be good in the role at this point), is likely out the window as well.
True and thank God.

Personally I thought he would have been a pretty good Riddler myself...
I'll stick with Joshua Harto, "Mister (Coleman) Reese".

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 2 Zaphod_frei_200_247
Shoot me before I act again
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:11 am

Swedgin! wrote:

Sam Rockwell would make a great [villain] as well.
I just don't see it. He was great as plucky comic relief in Galaxy Quest, so-so as an against-type baddie in Charlie's Angels, and a heap of fetid rotting dingo's kidneys as the President of the Galaxy and Generally Hoopy Frood Zaphod Beeblebrox in The Hitchhiker's Guide. I'd rather take Jimmy Fallon, and, yes, I DO hear your screams. I just don't care.

After seeing him as Chuck Barris in "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind", I could never take him seriously as any kind of villain.

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 2 162615__confessions_l

Put down your repulsor rays and step away from the iron suit
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:19 am

Wow I need to slow down and spell check my typing. Spelled "VILLAIN" wrong twice in the same post and spelled it two different ways. Yay for no typing skills and being in a hurry.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:37 am

What I like about Rockwell is his range. He has been uptight academic (Frost/Nixon), dirty murderer (Green Mile), idiot with a guilty conscience (Assassination of Jesse James), slick criminal (Matchstick Men), Useless yet lovable criminal (Welcome to Collingwood), and screwed-up anti-establishment misanthrope TV producer/hitman (well, you know). I would have complete confidence in Rockwell as a villain, whether restrained or OTT.

His performance in Hitchhikers Guide was silly, to say the least, but I blame the music-video director for that one-dimensional caricature rather than anyone else.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:44 am

By far my favorite performance of his was as Charlie Ford in The Assassination of Jesse James. Though I understand he was excellent in last year's Snow Angels.

But to me he'll always be Guy Fleegman.

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 2 Guytvshow
That's not right, no
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:49 am

Funny you should say that, as Galaxy Quest is the only film of his I have ever seen. Although that was several years ago and I remember nothing about it.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:00 am

Why does no one ever mention him as Wild Bill in the Green Mile. He was great in that film also.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:29 am

Yeah, you know, The Green Mile is one of those films that I've really, really TRIED to love, but can't seem to more than sorta LIKE. The standout performances in that film I always think of are Michael Jeter (Del), Doug Hutchison (Percy), and, of course, Michael Clarke Duncan (Coffey).

I don't know why, but I never seem to appreciate buffoonery onscreen as much as some people do. Lunacy is different from idiocy... Crazy is interesting, retardation is merely tedious. I quite like Leonardo DiCaprio's turn as a young Howard Hughes in The Aviator, but I have a hard time getting excited over Brad Pitt's performance in 12 Monkeys, a film I happen to love.

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 2 Brad_pitt_12_monkeys
Terrific, or tiresome? You make the call
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:45 am

Some more news in the Iron Man world. Firstly:

Variety is reporting the rumor that Emily Blunt is in talks to play Natasha Romanoff in Iron Man 2. Romanoff is a Soviet super spy who doubles as Black Widow, a beauty in a skintight black costume that is enhanced by high-tech weaponry.

She would join the previously-announced villains Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell in the sequel. Again directed by Jon Favreau, the Marvel Studios film sees the return of Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow, while Don Cheadle is replacing Terrence Howard.

Blunt's credits include The Devil Wears Prada, The Jane Austen Book Club and Charlie Wilson's War. She also stars in The Wolfman, coming to theaters in November.

The Justin Theroux-scripted Iron Man 2 will begin production this spring for a release by Paramount on May 7, 2010.

And then, on a potentially sour note:

Samuel L. Jackson, clearly bristling, said today that negotiations to put him in the role of Nick Fury have broken down because "there seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world."

Jackson told me today that despite his cameo as the hard-bitten military man at the end of "Iron Man," it now appears that "somebody else will be Nick Fury or maybe Nick Fury won't be in it" when it comes to "Iron Man 2," "The First Avenger: Captain America" and "The Avengers," the announced slate of Marvel Studios projects through 2011 that might have a natural spot for the character.

Jackson, who is a fanboy favorite after roles in three "Star Wars" films, "The Incredibles" and "Unbreakable," was actually used as the model for the Ultimate Marvel version of Fury, which took the white, grizzled, aging commando with salt-and-pepper hair and re-imagined him as a younger, bald African American. There were cheers in theaters at the end of "Iron Man," when Jackson appeared as Fury, but when I asked the actor about it today he shook his head.

"I saw ['Iron Man' and 'Iron Man 2' director] Jon Favreau at the Scream Awards and we had a conversation. He said, 'I hope things are working out for you because we're writing stuff for you.' Then all of a sudden last week I talked to my agents and manager and things aren't really working that well."

Jackson might just have been taking a public position that could lead to a bigger payday (it certainly wouldn't be the first time a Hollywood star used an interview as a negotiating tactic) but he seemed especially sour on the whole the topic of working with Marvel ...

"There was a huge kind of negotiation that broke down. I don't know. Maybe I won't be Nick Fury. Maybe somebody else will be Nick Fury or maybe Nick Fury won't be in it. There seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world so [they're saying to me], 'We're not making that deal.'"

I called Marvel Comics and they gave me a statement that suggested that they still want to see Jackson wearing the eyepatch. "Marvel does not comment on active negotiations," was the boilerplate response, but there was that emphasis on the word "active" in the voice of the spokesman who phoned me back.

I hope TBMF can sort it all out so that Nick Fury remains in the entire scheme of The Avengers storyline. And damn, Emily Blunt will be good as Black Widow, especially in tight lycra.....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:01 am

Emily Blunt is terribly overrated. I've never understood what people see in her. To me, she's just another vanilla actress with nothing to add.

Meanwhile, I wanted to see Zooey Deschanel play The Black Widow. I think that she could pull off an action role.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:04 am

Buscemi wrote:Emily Blunt is terribly overrated. I've never understood what people see in her. To me, she's just another vanilla actress with nothing to add.

Meanwhile, I wanted to see Zooey Deschanel play The Black Widow. I think that she could pull off an action role.

I'd guess it's this:

The most joyus news I've heard all day! - Iron Man 2 - Page 2 Emily%20Blunt
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:10 am

Yummy
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:14 am

if it wasn't for Tarantino, would anyone really give a shit about Sam Jackson?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:16 am

Probably not.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:18 am

Hell yeah, he was one of the few characters I liked from the Star Wars prequels, and then there was Unbreakable and his arm in Jurassic Park. He is the BMF. Having said that, I really want Nick Fury, and if it means dropping Samuel LJ to keep the storyline, I'd tie the rock to his feet and throw him overboard myself.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:40 am

NSpan wrote:if it wasn't for Tarantino, would anyone really give a shit about Sam Jackson?

An interesting question because up until that point in his career, Samuel L Jackson was a classic "Hey! It's that Guy!," actor who we recognized and enjoyed but that was about the extent of it. 'Pulp Fiction' opened doors and "fast-tracked" his career (overnight success taking fifteen years, right?) but if it hadn't happened, he might have still enjoyed the same kind of success that other former "Hey! It's That Guy!," alumni have shared: Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Steve Buscemi, William H Macy & James Gandolfini to name the first four who popped into my head.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:42 am

NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:07 am

Sam Rockwell confirmed that he's in (I read it on First Showing, original source was MTV), which is great news in my opinion. Underused actor, imo. He's great even in Hollywood productions like Charlie's Angels (he and Crispin Glover make that movie), and he gave probably his best performance this year in Snow Angels.

Source: http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/01/15/sam-rockwell-confirms-iron-man-2-casting-details/

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:53 am

http://www.thebadandugly.com/2009/01/14/iron-man-2-blunt-widow/

I think this is better casting news than the two before, but hmm, anybody else getting a sense of deja vu with having three villians
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next