The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

+25
BarcaRulz
IPKI$$
Swedgin!
Shrykespeare
Keyser Soze
numbersix_99
geezer9687
RonBurgundy
becs
mfrendo
A_Roode
Donte77
Alyson
BanksIsDaFuture
Synestro
silversurfer19
undeadmonkey
W
lillylovelost
JackO
Buscemi
MisterInformative
transformers2
leestu
NSpan
29 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 20 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by W Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:47 am

I'll do a quick TV-what I've been watching list for the past few months:

Heroes - One of the few people that has liked all the seasons so far.

Monk - Maybe my favorite show is going off the air after the last episodes air this summer. Too bad its not big enough to be a movie because I think it would be a good way to end it with him finding the people that killed his wife.

Psych - I think it is hilarious with all the pop culture references that no one gets (some of them I don't get, but not many). Its like a show made up of inside jokes.

Celebrity Apprentice - How the Hell did I get sucked into this? Probably because I was a Tom Green fan. I'll probably still watch it, though. At least for one more week since Dennis Rodman is supposed to get into it with Clint Black.

Breaking Bad - I didn't even know this had a first season until the ran the ads for a second one. I got caught up with a marathon before the first episode of the second season. Pretty good, though an obvious ending is in sight.

Kings - WTF is this? Its not really THAT understandable when they talk about different countries that only exist in their alternate universe. I do get the premise, which is probably good enough. Probably one I won't stick with.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 20 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:03 am

At first I thought that Kings was only a miniseries but it looks like an actual series. From what I know (from ads), it's about an American who saves the son of the King of England and now he's become Mr. Popularity among the aristocracy. And Ian McShane plays the King. He's a great actor (hell, I actually believe that he should have been Sweeney Todd over Johnny Depp) but we're always going to see him as Swearengen no matter what role he plays.

Meanwhile I remember watching one episode of Psych (the one with George Takei) and while watching it I thought to myself, "How does this shit make it to the air?" I found unfunny, stupid and embarassing to watch.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:14 am

Nope, Kings is like an alternate universe type deal. There is nothing about England or the US. Its about the kingdom of Gabor (or something that starts with a G). They build a capital at a place called Shiloh. They're in a war with some place, and he got a piano from some place named Austerio or something. I understand the basis, but would need an "alternate history" lesson to understand everything.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:18 am

What the hell?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:19 am

W wrote:I'll do a quick TV-what I've been watching list for the past few months:

Heroes - One of the few people that has liked all the seasons so far.

Monk - Maybe my favorite show is going off the air after the last episodes air this summer. Too bad its not big enough to be a movie because I think it would be a good way to end it with him finding the people that killed his wife.

Psych - I think it is hilarious with all the pop culture references that no one gets (some of them I don't get, but not many). Its like a show made up of inside jokes.

Celebrity Apprentice - How the Hell did I get sucked into this? Probably because I was a Tom Green fan. I'll probably still watch it, though. At least for one more week since Dennis Rodman is supposed to get into it with Clint Black.

Breaking Bad - I didn't even know this had a first season until the ran the ads for a second one. I got caught up with a marathon before the first episode of the second season. Pretty good, though an obvious ending is in sight.

Kings - WTF is this? Its not really THAT understandable when they talk about different countries that only exist in their alternate universe. I do get the premise, which is probably good enough. Probably one I won't stick with.

YES.. Finally someone else who can see this show for the genius it is. Love every second of it.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:09 am

I really want to get into Breaking Bad, but I can't find any torrents of the whole first season. So right now I've downloaded the first couple of episodes of the first season, I just have to find time to sit down and watch them.

And Kings? The ads were confusing as shit - I mean, it never explained what it was about. Not to worry though, I can almost guarantee it won't be on for much longer.

Heroes - I still watch it out of habit more than anything. The first season was genius, the second one fell off tremendously, and this seems to be middling. It has its moments, but then again it gets sunk into the same pitfalls as the 2nd season. Namely, anything dealing with Hiro - I really wish he will be killed off by the end of the season.

The United States of Tara - this I've been catching up on lately. It's starting to wear on me though (and only after 10 episodes!). Diablo Cody's writing is not something to take in large doses, or even on a weekly basis. And I think Family Guy's shot at her yesterday was pretty dead-on ("She's a fat whore who got lucky once!"). I cannot deny that Toni Collette's tremendous acting ability is the only reason to watch this show, though. Incidentally, much like Ellen Page and Juno (and probably Megan Fox and Jennifer's Body).

Castle - the pilot was pretty good, especially for an ABC show. Already on my DVR list.

And of course, the mainstays like The Office, 30 Rock, Family Guy, Eastbound & Down (funny as hell), Dollhouse (great show), & The Big Bang Theory.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:56 am

The 3rd season of Big Love is something to behold. The first season started like "Oh what an anomaly! A Guy with 3 wives" By the 2nd season the novelty was wearing thin. Arguing over kids and groceries can only go so far. However this third season is off the chain. All hell's breaking loose. Every is single episode is like watching Revolutionary Road on repeat. It is by far, the best ensemble acting show in television and now it has an engaging plot line full of twists and moral ambiguity to make the entire cast shine.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:01 am

I just watched a guy on YouTube rant about the Poltergeist "special edition" DVD, Warner Bros. and Steven Spielberg. He reminded me of Garth from Wayne's World and Frank Grimes and it was entertaining to hear say "Fuck you, Steven".
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:39 pm

JackO wrote:The 3rd season of Big Love is something to behold. The first season started like "Oh what an anomaly! A Guy with 3 wives" By the 2nd season the novelty was wearing thin. Arguing over kids and groceries can only go so far. However this third season is off the chain. All hell's breaking loose. Every is single episode is like watching Revolutionary Road on repeat. It is by far, the best ensemble acting show in television and now it has an engaging plot line full of twists and moral ambiguity to make the entire cast shine.

I can't wait to see it, Big Love and Nip/Tuck are two of my favorite cable shows, unfortunately I still don't have cable so I have to pick it up on dvd when its over Sad

My new ABSOLUTELY favorite shows though that I watch right now are Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, which has been everything I hoped for an more (Sierra is sort of funky looking tho, she definitely doesn't do it for me) and Sci Fi Channel's Ultimate Gamer (a kickass video gamer competition show). Both are keeping me more entertained than I have been in a looong time with any TV show.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:53 pm

I'm really enjoying Dollhouse too. Hopefully it'll stay on the air....
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:50 am

the only shows ive been watching lately are Flight Of The Conchords and Important Things with Demetri Martin both are goddamn hillarious and just got Thank You For Smoking from netflix so will proably watch that night in the coming nights.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:00 am

I bet you that Demetri Martin would not be famous right now if it had never been revealed that Dane Cook stole much of his act from him.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:34 am

Buscemi wrote:I bet you that Demetri Martin would not be famous right now if it had never been revealed that Dane Cook stole much of his act from him.
And that is the saddest statement I've ever read in my entire life. An untalented pretty boy becomes a huge celebrity while one of the most hilarious and original comics of this generation "only gets famous because it was reported [said untalented pretty boy] stole his jokes"
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:14 am

I wouldn't exactly call Demetri Martin famous.
Even Dane Cook is pushing the label.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:40 am

I have seen some of the comparisons between the 2, and its likely material was stolen, but I still greatly prefer Dane Cook's delivery, and that's 90% of what stand-up is.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:14 am

Demetri Martin is funny as hell--but half of his act is explaining the jokes.. that was one thing i liked about Mitch Hedberg--he would deliver a joke, pause for just a moment, and MOVE ON..

the 30 rock episode "Goodbye, My Friend" is my new favorite.. everybody should catch this one.. (it's on Hulu and most likely free-on-demand if you have cable)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:20 am

You know what comedy needs: another Sam Kinison.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:28 pm

High Tension... worst movie EVER... ugh... i didn't think anything could top the badness that is Secret Window--but here it is
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:56 pm

I have bee watching a whole lot of nothing lately... But something I *DID* watchin in the past couple days > Jon Stewart vs Jim Cramer (Daily Show from last thursday). Holy Moley that was a tense show. I love Jon, and last week basically everything that was said during last weeks shows all week was spot on, the state of the news media is pretty questionable when the only hard hitting journalism comes from a comedy show that only runs 30 minutes, meanwhile the actual news broadcasts feed us useless information all day long.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:01 pm

becs wrote:the state of the news media is pretty questionable when the only hard hitting journalism comes from a comedy show that only runs 30 minutes, meanwhile the actual news broadcasts feed us useless information all day long.
anyone who watched Jim Cramer's show and based major financial decisions on it DESERVE to be bankrupt right now
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:12 pm

While I will agree with you there (seriously, he is nutty), the whole thing was targeted at the overall state of the CNBC network in regard to financial news, the only reason it became focused on Cramer is because
1) The fact that the clip of Cramer saying Bear was solid immediately before they went under, was simply the most alarming of those shown, though not by far
2) CNBCs painful attempts to sell him to their viewers as a stable source of financial info, going so far as the slogan "In Cramer we trust" is also one of the more laughable items pointed out over the course of the week
3) he's just the easiest scapegoat to end or appease the situation, he already looks like a nut on his show so better to have him go out there saying "hey I make mistakes" than someone actually in power at CNBC.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:21 pm

The Jon Stewart interview with Jim Cramer, and all the stuff leading up to it, was pretty badass. Jon Stewart really nailed CNBC's ass to the wall, and even hinted at collusion between companies they sell to the people and the media conglomerate. It's available online. Everyone should check it out.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:20 am

NSpan wrote:High Tension... worst movie EVER... ugh... i didn't think anything could top the badness that is Secret Window--but here it is

You should see Identity, it completes the awful twist ending trio.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:30 am

Actually, the twist in Thr3e makes those films twists look like The Usual Suspects.

Also, I liked High Tension.

Last edited by Buscemi on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:33 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
NSpan wrote:High Tension... worst movie EVER... ugh... i didn't think anything could top the badness that is Secret Window--but here it is

You should see Identity, it completes the awful twist ending trio.

I try to let people know NOT to watch High Tension. Haven't seen Thr3e (or however the fuck you spell a digit and try to make it sound cool) or Identity. I read the book that Identity was based on years ago though. Don't remember anything about it other than 4 people show up at a hotel...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next