The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

+25
BarcaRulz
IPKI$$
Swedgin!
Shrykespeare
Keyser Soze
numbersix_99
geezer9687
RonBurgundy
becs
mfrendo
A_Roode
Donte77
Alyson
BanksIsDaFuture
Synestro
silversurfer19
undeadmonkey
W
lillylovelost
JackO
Buscemi
MisterInformative
transformers2
leestu
NSpan
29 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 19 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by Buscemi Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:08 am

You might be happy to know that he is not writing his next film but however he's still directing. I'll leave the decision up to you.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 19 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by NSpan Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:24 am

Buscemi wrote:You might be happy to know that he is not writing his next film but however he's still directing.
either way, it'll be interesting to see how he handles someone else's material (insert Kevin Smith joke here)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:25 am

The rumor is that it will be rated PG.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:34 pm

NSpan wrote: kevin smith's oftentimes stilted dialogue made otherwise competent actors sound like amateurs

This has always been my problem with his movies, he's so in love with his own shitty writing that he won't allow anyone to improv or even change the littlest thing. I'm still not sure how he became a famous writer/director since he's not that good at either of them.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:06 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
NSpan wrote: kevin smith's oftentimes stilted dialogue made otherwise competent actors sound like amateurs

This has always been my problem with his movies, he's so in love with his own shitty writing that he won't allow anyone to improv or even change the littlest thing. I'm still not sure how he became a famous writer/director since he's not that good at either of them.

Banks - that's what makes the world go round. I happen to love Kevin's movies, and think he is excellent at the genre he does. The beauty of being a writer/director is that you get to allow no one to make any changes to your stuff.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:51 am

i absolutely adore Kevin Smith and i thought Zack and Miri was one of his stronger efforts i loved it i thought it was the 2nd funniest movie to come out last year.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:27 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
Banks - that's what makes the world go round. I happen to love Kevin's movies, and think he is excellent at the genre he does. The beauty of being a writer/director is that you get to allow no one to make any changes to your stuff.

I understand pride in your work, but I believe he should at least be open to improv. Maybe do an on-script take, then an improv take, if needed. Then in post, just pick the funnier one. Who wants to work with a stubborn dictator director? And plus, why would he go out and delibrately cast known improv-ers (Elizabeth Banks, Seth Rogen, Craig Robinson) if you're not going to use their strengths?

That being said, I still love Chasing Amy and Clerks 2. Everything else, I could take it or leave it.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:57 am

Two Hitchcock's today.

Spellbound: 6/10. Really didn't like this one. I was bored by it mostly. Up until the very end. Worst one we've watched yet.

Notorious: 7/10. Not great, but not bad. I got bored in the middle. Carey Grant was great though, he saved the movie.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:15 am

Wow! I would include Spellbound in my short list of favourite Hitchcock films. Notorious I agree with you. An average, maybe even forgettable 7/10.

Watched The Bourne Supremacy. I just can't get into the Bourne Movies. I would give it about a 4/10. It attempts to be a clever movie but is actually quite simple (maybe even obvious) and the main point of making the movie seems to be the car chase in Europe. The problem is the car chase bored me. I literally found my mind drifting off away from the movie during it.
Also watched From Hell and enjoyed that immensely. I have an appreciation for horror type movies with a decent story. 8.5/10

Lastly I watched another one of the many Roger Corman disasters/comedies called The Creature From The Haunted Sea. I really don't know why they appeal to me but gee I enjoy watching them. Usually whoever I watch them with sits there straightfaced thru the whole thing and comments about how crap it was at the end whereas I have usually spent the whole movie laughing and having a good time. (although I still agree that they are crap, it's just that that is part of what I like about them). Anyway this one was no different. Outlandish story lines, average acting, and terrible monster costumes all adding up to a good time. I gave it a 6.5/10 and my wife gave it a score somewhere in the region of 1/10. lol!
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:24 pm

leestu wrote:

Watched The Bourne Supremacy. I just can't get into the Bourne Movies. I would give it about a 4/10. It attempts to be a clever movie but is actually quite simple (maybe even obvious) and the main point of making the movie seems to be the car chase in Europe. The problem is the car chase bored me. I literally found my mind drifting off away from the movie during it.
Also watched From Hell and enjoyed that immensely. I have an appreciation for horror type movies with a decent story. 8.5/10

Lastly I watched another one of the many Roger Corman disasters/comedies called The Creature From The Haunted Sea. I really don't know why they appeal to me but gee I enjoy watching them. Usually whoever I watch them with sits there straightfaced thru the whole thing and comments about how crap it was at the end whereas I have usually spent the whole movie laughing and having a good time. (although I still agree that they are crap, it's just that that is part of what I like about them). Anyway this one was no different. Outlandish story lines, average acting, and terrible monster costumes all adding up to a good time. I gave it a 6.5/10 and my wife gave it a score somewhere in the region of 1/10. lol!

Well here I am to disagree and agree and agree.

I love the Bourne series. They are great. I used to read David Morrell stories that had these types of characters when I was younger (Morrell wrote First Blood). I don't even need them to be clever really. They are just clever enough to be non-standard action movies and a bit more realistic than the Bond series. Plus ass kicking secret agents who beat the shit out of you instead of using a laser watch are very cool.

From Hell is one of my favorite movies. I loved it and I remember walking out of the theater in awe of how cool it was. Although I think 8.5 is light. Smile 9.0 easy.

And on to the very bad horror movies. LOL Some friends and I used to go to this local video store twhen we were teenagers hat had these terrible 60s and 70s horror and we would get the worst ones we could find. We had a "cheesey-gore" weekend once a month and we would eat cheese-dogs (only food allowed) and watch these terrible movies and laugh our asses off. The Wizard of Gore, Microwave Massacre, Night of the Zombies, Day of the Triffids, etc. Great times. I have seen one movie made this decade that would have fit in back then. If you can find it watch Pinata ( Demon Island someplaces) and watch it. It is about a pinata come to life and killing teenagers. I have never laughed harder at a horror movie. Also look for Black Sheep (not the chris farley version) which is about man eating cloned sheep. Oh boy, Cheesey Goodness.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Ha! I just got Black Sheep for like $5 at Ross.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:38 pm

I knew I could count on FriendO for Black Sheep support...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:49 pm

I saw that one in theatres. I also saw Severance in theatres.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:22 am

i also didnt like Bourne Supermacy it wasnt very exciting and just didnt deliever i have been meaning to see Ultamatium and i still havent i should get on that soon.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:33 am

The Bourne Supremacy was my favorite of the Bourne series. It was the turning point for when the series went from "just another spy movie" (Doug Liman's The Bourne Identity) to "James Bond for the 21st century" (Paul Greengrass's The Bourne Ultimatum). It was a breath of fresh air for the series since they were getting new blood in the UK-based realism-based Greengrass and letting go of the American-based all style and no substance Liman. People didn't like the film simply because of Greengrass's use of the handheld cam (which also appeared in United 93, the film that got him an Academy Award nomination) but I felt the handheld use was great along with his direction since it wasn't normal for the genre.

But luckily, the payoff in getting Greengrass worked and we got the third film.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:25 am

Supremacy was the worst of the 3. And its not even close.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 am

leestu wrote:

Ugh. I'm voting with your wife on that one! I got 'Creature From The Haunted Sea' in one of those "50 Horror Film" packs and it was beyond painful to try and watch. In my ratings system a 2 is a painfully awful film that's a trial to endure while a 1 is a movie that not even my desperate desire to know 'how it ends' can over-ride. 'Creature' was 2, but it was a near thing and was surely helped by the film having a short run-time. Still felt like an eternity in Hell but...
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:13 am

I think Ultimatum is easily the best Bourne movie, I see them as getting better as they go. Therefore making Identity the worst.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:56 am

To me, all the Bournes mixed together. I really couldn't tell any difference between them if they were in a lineup. I think the 3rd is the worst because they advertised we were supposed to understand everything and they ended up with more plotholes then Swiss cheese. I guess that's why they are making a Bourne 4: He's had an Identity, then he was a Supremacist, then He gave them an Ultimatum, and NOW he forgot what he was talking about.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:44 am

The Bourne Confusion? Doesn't sound very catchy though.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 am

The Bourne of Solace?

Heeey, wait a minute....
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:35 pm

At the moment - The Bachelor... wtf.. this season had to be the nuttiest season ever. First he's all in love and proposes to the girl he picks, then we get to the "after the final rose" show and its only been 6 weeks and its over, and he wants back with the girl he didn't pick?! After all that, wouldn't you give a relationship more than 6 weeks to grow into something changing from onscreen to offscreen dynamic? Wow, just stupid.

Earlier tonight - X (anime)... This is definitely my favorite dramatic series anime. I'm on disc 7 and it just keeps always getting better, I just wish the episodes were longer than 20 minutes, because it always seems like they just get into something and its over.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:01 am

becs wrote:Earlier tonight - X (anime)... This is definitely my favorite dramatic series anime. I'm on disc 7 and it just keeps always getting better, I just wish the episodes were longer than 20 minutes, because it always seems like they just get into something and its over.
i watched a couple discs of that a while back.. i dug it at first--all really cool characters and intriguing ideas, but i felt like the story meandered a bit and then i lost interest.. been meaning to finish it up one day
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:39 am

Role Models 8/10

Very Funny. Ronnie Steals the show. Paul Rudd and Seann Willam Scott where good together.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:21 am

HB II - 6/10 - I liked it better then the 1st one
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance - 8/10 - The best made of the three. I loved her eyeliner. But I liked her crazy plan even more.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next