The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by mfrendo Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:29 am

Another great horror/comedy is Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. It is completely awesome! And available for instant view from netflix, for those that have that option.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Buscemi Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:45 am

I just got a 50 pack of horror films from Big Lots. I think The Brotherhood Of Satan is in it. The Driller Killer (which I hated) is also there, along with many other public domain horror. Hell, Peter Jackson's Bad Taste and Gothic are even there.

Right now, I'm watching The Ben Stiller Show (I blind bought the complete series for $3.00 at Big Lots). I never realized that Janeane Garofalo was as sexy as she was on the show. Also, it's nice to see Andy Dick back when he was somewhat normal (you know, back when he was on this and Newsradio).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:55 am

Janeane Garofalo was hot! And is Driller Killer the Abel Ferrera film? If so, I actually really wanted to see that one, but never got around to it...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:59 am

I saw it on YouTube and found it terrible. I often enjoy Ferrera's work (such as Ms. 45, Bad Lieutenant and Body Snatchers) but here, I felt like I was watching something without a point and with terrible acting to boot.

I also remember being disappointed with China Girl (but mainly because they're weren't any Italian girls).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:27 pm

I liked King of New York too.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Watched The Last King of Scotland (finally). I loved every part of this movie, the performances by everyone were great, even Gillian Anderson, who is usually pretty miserable, the story and presentation of it were well handled in every aspect.
James McAvoy as always a talented actor, his character is never fully explored, but not at all lacking in depth purely because of his skill and emotion. The nation of Uganda and its people are portrayed with a great deal of passion and pride, their resiliency is unbelievable. The quite insane dictator played by Forest Witaker (his transformation in this role is probably the best I've seen from him), starts off as man of the people who will lead Uganda into an era of freedom, but slowly his psychotic life and actions truly horrible begin unraveling before our eyes, a jarring story that is all too common in the world and very heartbreaking.
5/5
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Watched three movies in the last couple of days:

1. St. Trinians (5/10). For the most part it's dull and really over-the-top. It does have some funny moments, but they are too few and far between. It got an extra point because i have a huge crush on one of the girls in it.

2. Fired Up! (8/10). That's right, it's NOT a typo. I loved this. It was funny, it had the ladies, and it had a pretty smart (albeit very cheesy and predictable) script. Boosh has The Love Guru, i have this.

3. Friday the 13th (5/10). Meh for the most part. Had some scary moments, but comes no where close to the original.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Fired Up was liked by a few of us here, Barca. Swedge and I were the first two admitting to liking it back when it was in theaters, but others have since. Pretty funny fucking movie. My fav part:

"The way she writes with a pencil..."
"Okay, now you're just saying things people do."
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:19 pm

becs wrote:Watched The Last King of Scotland (finally). I loved every part of this movie, the performances by everyone were great, even Gillian Anderson, who is usually pretty miserable, the story and presentation of it were well handled in every aspect.
James McAvoy as always a talented actor, his character is never fully explored, but not at all lacking in depth purely because of his skill and emotion. The nation of Uganda and its people are portrayed with a great deal of passion and pride, their resiliency is unbelievable. The quite insane dictator played by Forest Witaker (his transformation in this role is probably the best I've seen from him), starts off as man of the people who will lead Uganda into an era of freedom, but slowly his psychotic life and actions truly horrible begin unraveling before our eyes, a jarring story that is all too common in the world and very heartbreaking.
5/5

I agree. Whitaker completely deserved the best actor Oscar he won, though the field that year was weak compared to usual (and 60% African set).. It should really be a top 250 film.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:06 am

mfrendo wrote:Fired Up was liked by a few of us here, Barca. Swedge and I were the first two admitting to liking it back when it was in theaters, but others have since. Pretty funny fucking movie. My fav part:

"The way she writes with a pencil..."
"Okay, now you're just saying things people do."

Awesome.. Now i don't have to say it in a soft voice with my head held low.

Although it is ridiculous they got a 30+ year old to play a high school student.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:12 am

My mother also liked Fired Up. I chose not to see it since the whole idea of the film seemed sexist and homophobic (and it was produced by Maxim, so it didn't sound in the least bit good).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:34 am

Buscemi wrote:My mother also liked Fired Up. I chose not to see it since the whole idea of the film seemed sexist and homophobic (and it was produced by Maxim, so it didn't sound in the least bit good).

Sexist and homophobic?

2 high school guys wanna screw some girls. How is that anything other than normal? Actually, scratch that. I would like for you to explain to me how THAT is sexist and homophobic and it made you boycott this film, yet i'm guessing you've watched Road Trip, Eurotrip, Wedding Crashers, Good Luck Chuck etc etc..
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:37 am

Well, it's a film about male cheerleaders. A lot of the time, that means you will see and hear a lot of homophobic jokes. And the two guys enter the cheerleader camp to get laid. Most likely, that means that the film will be sexist and cheap.

And I hated Eurotrip, but mainly because that was extremely xenophobic.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:42 am

Buscemi wrote:Well, it's a film about male cheerleaders. A lot of the time, that means you will see and hear a lot of homophobic jokes. And the two guys enter the cheerleader camp to get laid. Most likely, that means that the film will be sexist and cheap.

And I hated Eurotrip, but mainly because that was extremely xenophobic.

Wow. Sometimes i honestly wonder if you know what you're talking about.

Also, just because you hated the movie, doesn't change the fact that you watched it.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:06 am

Buscemi, I really think you should see movies before you label and dismiss them.

Then again, I can understand why you'd think that.

And Barca, did you watch the Unrated version? I saw it in theaters and thought it would've been so much better as an R. Has anyone seen both versions?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:11 am

Yeah i saw the Unrated version. My brother has watched both (i wasn't able to see it in the movies so i downloa.. erm.. purchased a copy of the unrated one) and he echoes your sentiments.

He says there isn't THAT much difference, but it's enough to make it a little more interesting.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:55 am

Watched Walk Hard : The Dewey Cox Story. I am sure I recall from this site favourable opinions and not-so-favourable opinions but I fall into the 'loved it' category. I can understand why it wasn't a success but I found it very clever and funny. Especially loved some of the one-liners, but the full version of the rap song at the end (from the special features) was a highlight. 8.5/10
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:20 am

Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (8/10): Good film, though not extremely great. Really shows the depression and whatnot. Good to show in a history class.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:32 am

The wife and I watched Coraline last night. She loved it. I was, umm, bored. I thought the story was pretty cool and the animation was very good but I was just so bored for the first 50 minutes. 6 / 10 stars
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:47 am

Last night we watched Fringe, or more I did and my wife went to bed after 20 minutes.... I am quite enjoying it. It's not the X-Files, well not even close, but it's not bad. And a hell of a lot better than most other things on NZ tv. We are only about 5 episodes into the first series so I will give it time.

Watching Public Enemies tonight and then Coraline in 3D at the weekend (yes, it has finally been released over here)
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:08 am

I watched a few minutes of I Survived A Japanese Game Show earlier. In my opinion, the whole show looks staged. It looks just looks and feels too American for it to be taken seriously.

However, I was amused by the fact that the game show host in the episode looked like the guy from Eraserhead.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:37 am

Boosh, I just watched that show tonight also. For retarded gimmicky crap it was quasi-entertaining. It's pretty much baseball.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:43 am

If I want Japanese game shows, I'll stick to MXC. At least the footage there comes from a real Japanese game show (and you get to see Takeshi Kitano back when he did comedy).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:16 am

Watched The Kid (1921) 8/10: People were calling it a masterpiece, but it looks like what I expect from a Chaplin piece, though this is the first one I've seen. The Rating may go up or down when I watch City Lights and The Great Dictator (been wanting to see this one for a while).

Did I mention that I'm going back and watching some older films?

Oh, and how do you like my new avatar? LOL.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:19 am

What's it from?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next