The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever

+18
A_Roode
aquamann2001
Shrykespeare
brockman81
silversurfer19
J.I.
Spectre
transformers2
Keyser Soze
thswrestler160
undeadmonkey
BanksIsDaFuture
JackO
packpaljs
W
Buscemi
geezer9687
nickb1016
22 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How will this weekend play out

The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 21 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 13 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 13 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 16 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 81

The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 Empty Re: The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever

Post by thswrestler160 Mon May 18, 2009 9:04 pm

hey man i love andy samburg and the lonely island. especially when they get together with justin timberlake. did u see the mothersday episode? motherlover is genius! in fact im gonna go watch it right now.

on a side note i havent watched SNL since will left but i did watch this last weeks season finale it was amazing and one of the best celebrity jeapordy's ever

thswrestler160
The McMannus Brothers
The McMannus Brothers

Back to top Go down

The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 2 Empty Re: The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever

Post by W Mon May 18, 2009 9:12 pm

thswrestler160 wrote:hey man i love andy samburg and the lonely island. especially when they get together with justin timberlake. did u see the mothersday episode? motherlover is genius! in fact im gonna go watch it right now.

on a side note i havent watched SNL since will left but i did watch this last weeks season finale it was amazing and one of the best celebrity jeapordy's ever

Watch the corksoaker skit... I found it hilarious...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 pm

geezer9687 wrote:

I doubt we have anywhere close to the same sense of humor Banks, but I'm pretty sure that not everyone on here hates Samberg. Tranny, NSpan, Pack? Where you guys at? I know you will side with me on this.

Geez - Count me in amongst the Samberg lovers. The Lonely Island stuff plus his stuff with Timberlake is F'n hillarious. I'm to the point now where I wish Timberlake would just host SNL every week.

Someone else said earlier that their wife wanted to see Dance flick this weekend. Damn, mine would rather have a Caeserian Section sans anaesthetic than sit through that flick.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon May 18, 2009 10:41 pm

I think there stuff is funny the first couple of times, but after a while it gets tiring.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon May 18, 2009 10:42 pm

On the other hand, there are people that think Dane Cook is funny
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 19, 2009 1:44 am

Keyser Soze wrote:On the other hand, there are people that think Dane Cook is funny

We can lock them in with the Dance Flick people and gas them both!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue May 19, 2009 1:54 am

this weekend should be exciting. I think Terminator will be big. and i will end up seeing Dance Flick on DVD because i like the Wayans Brothers. But i also love Andy Samberg to death. He is a genius.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 19, 2009 2:18 am

We now have another fan of rocketing break dancing babies out of vaginas onto a gym floor. What is this world coming to?
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue May 19, 2009 3:37 am

All I know is that last summer I faced a similar choice between family fare that should have long legs and a reboot of a huge franchise that looked fantastic, but I took the family movie in half of my leagues because projections for the franchise were tempered. That would be Wall-E and The Dark Knight. I think I've learned my lesson. If Terminator is as good as it looks, this tracking won't mean a thing.
Spectre
Spectre
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Tue May 19, 2009 5:45 am

Geez, Dance Flick looks terrible, but you have to admit the trailer is better than that horrendous trailer for Disaster Movie.

Bringing the Star Trek debate to another board, it would probably have only fallen about 25% if nothing new was coming out, so I don't know how it could possibly crash. Its defying all expectations.

Holy crap for Land of the Lost. No way it does that much. That would be Will Farrel's biggest opening.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by nickb1016 Tue May 19, 2009 5:53 am

But Terminator and the Dark Knight is a bad comparison. A better one would be Batman Begins which had a 5 day in the 70million range. Terminator should still be higher than that but still. This one will have a 3 day in the range of Star Trek and Fast and Furious. When they make a sequel to Salvation (if it is good), then we can start even mentioning Dark Knight in the same sentence.

Dance Flick does have some "appeal" for audiences with an IQ below 40, but this is a bad weekend. If it had opened against Angels and Demons it might have done well, but nobody is going to see this over Museam, Terminator, or Star Trek. If meet the spartans was released over memorial day instead of january, it would not have opened with 16million. The only reason they make money is because people say "sure why not there is nothing else to see". This weekend there is alot of other stuff to see. In fact Dance Flick is in only 2,300 theaters, and only I doubt theaters will be giving it many showtimes with 4 mega hits bring in over 200million between them

nickb1016
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue May 19, 2009 6:13 am

MTC is up

Termy: 82 (5 day)
Nighty: 72 (4)
Dancy:8 (4)
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue May 19, 2009 6:14 am

T4 drops even more while NATM 2 has stayed consistent. I see trouble for one of those films.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue May 19, 2009 7:09 am

Am I the only person who thinks that Night At The Museum 2 looks terrible and that Fox is unleashing a giant turkey onto the world? The trailer has maybe one good joke and a hundred bad jokes (they even make a reference to The Great Gatsby in a kids' movie, which is always a bad sign if you make references to things that children won't get). Also, it stuffs fifteen different characters and possibly the whole plot of the movie into a two-minute trailer so basically you don't really need to pay $13.00 to see this on IMAX because you've seen the whole film in the trailer. Another problem I have with the trailer is the end, which features characters that have nothing to do with the story (another bad sign in the trailer). The shot of the three boys and the dinosaur bones seems like a cheap attempt to get the Jonas Brothers crowd to see the film as the bit parts seem like Jonas Brothers wannabes who shun anything "not cool" to get the teeny-boppers talking.

When you compare it to the Dance Flick trailer and shots of breakdancing babies, the trailer for Dance Flick is fucking gold.

By the way, does anyone see the Darth Vader and Oscar The Grouch cameos as a desperate ploy to get people who know that it's going to be a turkey to see it anyway?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue May 19, 2009 7:12 am

P.S.: I am not saying that I think Night At The Museum 2 will flop. I know it will be a hit and I have accepted that. But to think that it will outopen Terminator is just horrifying.

Meanwhile, stay tuned on my rant of the My Sister's Keeper trailer (aka Cameron Diaz's Bald Head, Lame Jokes About Cancer and Seventeen Other Subplots That Could Work Better In Different Movies).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue May 19, 2009 7:28 am

Spectre wrote:All I know is that last summer I faced a similar choice between family fare that should have long legs and a reboot of a huge franchise that looked fantastic, but I took the family movie in half of my leagues because projections for the franchise were tempered. That would be Wall-E and The Dark Knight. I think I've learned my lesson. If Terminator is as good as it looks, this tracking won't mean a thing.

Have you checked out RT recently? 14% doesn't sound too healthy, although IMDB has it at 8.7...

If it continues to suffer from such negative reviews it doesn't look rosy for T4. I was hoping it was gonna be brilliant back to Cameron best. But maybe I shouldn't have had so much faith in McG. I guess there's only one way to find out.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue May 19, 2009 7:37 am

Spectre wrote:All I know is that last summer I faced a similar choice between family fare that should have long legs and a reboot of a huge franchise that looked fantastic, but I took the family movie in half of my leagues because projections for the franchise were tempered. That would be Wall-E and The Dark Knight. I think I've learned my lesson. If Terminator is as good as it looks, this tracking won't mean a thing.

The Dark Knight was a can't miss, must have pick. T4, with all the negative buzz it has had to fight against, is far from that. I think Fox's announcement of Sarah Connor going bye bye today was the final nail in the coffin.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue May 19, 2009 8:03 am

The two things that I'm disappointed about this new Terminator is the PG-13 rating and the fact that Kyle Reese ISN'T one of the main characters (they are probably saving him for the sequels but still). But I should be seeing it on Thursday, hopefully if one of the theatres around here plays it in DLP (right now, it's all about Angels and Demons and Night At The Museum in the DLP auditoriums).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue May 19, 2009 8:54 am

silversurfer19 wrote:

Have you checked out RT recently? 14% doesn't sound too healthy, although IMDB has it at 8.7...

If it continues to suffer from such negative reviews it doesn't look rosy for T4. I was hoping it was gonna be brilliant back to Cameron best. But maybe I shouldn't have had so much faith in McG. I guess there's only one way to find out.

Yeesh, guess it's not as good as the previews made it seem then. Razz

I'm not sure what to think about this weekend as tracking has been all over the place. I'm debating just moving out of this weekend altogether and waiting for something a bit more certain.
Spectre
Spectre
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue May 19, 2009 4:26 pm

geezer9687 wrote:We now have another fan of rocketing break dancing babies out of vaginas onto a gym floor. What is this world coming to?

i didnt think that was particualy funny no but i like the Wayans brothers so i will give it a shot.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue May 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Buscemi wrote:Am I the only person who thinks that Night At The Museum 2 looks terrible and that Fox is unleashing a giant turkey onto the world? The trailer has maybe one good joke and a hundred bad jokes (they even make a reference to The Great Gatsby in a kids' movie, which is always a bad sign if you make references to things that children won't get). Also, it stuffs fifteen different characters and possibly the whole plot of the movie into a two-minute trailer so basically you don't really need to pay $13.00 to see this on IMAX because you've seen the whole film in the trailer. Another problem I have with the trailer is the end, which features characters that have nothing to do with the story (another bad sign in the trailer). The shot of the three boys and the dinosaur bones seems like a cheap attempt to get the Jonas Brothers crowd to see the film as the bit parts seem like Jonas Brothers wannabes who shun anything "not cool" to get the teeny-boppers talking.

When you compare it to the Dance Flick trailer and shots of breakdancing babies, the trailer for Dance Flick is fucking gold.

By the way, does anyone see the Darth Vader and Oscar The Grouch cameos as a desperate ploy to get people who know that it's going to be a turkey to see it anyway?

I have now taken Night at the Museum on a slate. Your "I hate this film" rants have been good bets these past few months....
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Hahahahaha sooooooo true!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by nickb1016 Tue May 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Look at the early rewiews for Terminator...this is no longer a Batman Begins reboot scenario. It looks more like Superman Returns. This has dropped 40million in tracking...i believe it was once tracking at 120million 4 day, now only 80's. If the bad buzz continues look for it to finish in the 75million range for the 5 day!

nickb1016
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Tue May 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Well if this year has proven anything it's that tracking doesn't mean a god damn thing...
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue May 19, 2009 10:32 pm

That's true.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next