The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Trivia Question - Honor System

+10
geezer9687
leestu
IPKI$$
mfrendo
A_Roode
Donte77
W
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
packpaljs
14 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Daily Trivia Question - Honor System - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Trivia Question - Honor System

Post by A_Roode Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:03 pm

Yikes... the only one that I've seen is Orson Welles' 'Othello.' That'll be my guess today. Fingers crossed for total fluke victory again! *lol*
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Daily Trivia Question - Honor System - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Trivia Question - Honor System

Post by leestu Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:16 pm

I'll guess D. I know Othello has a black character. I can't even be certain of that with the other 2.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:42 pm

I'm going with D
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:39 am

I am going with Ronald Colman, B, for this. I have no idea, just guessing, but Double Life is either a clue or a trick. LOL I have never seen any of these movies and I only know Othello from reading it in school.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:18 am

A
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:59 am

B.Ronald Colman
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:09 am

Apologies for getting this daily update done so late. I had to spend time with the family and I was forbidden from getting on the computer for a few hours by the old ball and chain. Ha! Anyway, here's the daily update and new question.

To our last question, only 2 got it right and they are new to the board. So lets give them a welcome. Leestu and Geezer!

Roode & Donte still tied for 1st with 3
W 2
Buscemi, Banks, Mfrendo, IPKI$$, Leestu, and Geezer all in a tie with 1

Next Question:
4/25
Three of these films have a plot that deals with time travel. Which one does not?

A. Twelve Monkeys
B. Frankenstein Reborn
C. The Bone Collector
D. Deja Vu.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:03 am

Bone Collector...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:08 pm

C.The Bone Collector
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:50 pm

I'm going to go with C. The Bone Collector.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:51 am

Well, maybe due to the weekend, but we only got 3 responses this time, I did it late again to try and give others a chance to respond but oh well. All 3 got it right.

Roode take the solo lead with 4
Donte and W tied with 3
Bus with 2
Banks, mfrendo, IPKI$$, Lesstu, and Geezer all tied with 1

Next Question 4/26:

In the brief period of his life during which James Dean was a star, his love life was of national interest. With whom did he have a well-publicized love affair?

A. Elizabeth Taylor
B. Sal Mineo
C. Natalie Wood
D. Pier Angeli
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:25 am

Just my luck miss the easy one.

I am guessing C. Don't pay much attention to gossip if it's over 50 years old.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:09 am

I haven't been playing this game, but I'm pretty sure it's Natalie Wood. Which would mean leestu wins this one.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:11 am

D.Pier Angeli
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:18 am

Damn, can I get credit for Bone Collector anyway? Its the only question I have actually known the answer for so far Smile
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Natalie Wood, C. for the newest question.

And of course I knew the Bone collector was correct for the last one but I wasn't online yesterday. Wink

I will catch you Roodey.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:15 am

*lol* There is a good chance of that Donte since I'm taking educated guesses on a few of these. I'm doing it again today when I choose Natalie Wood for the current question.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:16 am

...and then it just occured to me that I should abandon the pursuit of victory in the game if only to pick the same thing that Donte does every round so that he can never catch me, *lol*
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:57 am

Good strategy, although someone else could catch up to you. Ha ha.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:25 am

A_Roode wrote:*lol* There is a good chance of that Donte since I'm taking educated guesses on a few of these. I'm doing it again today when I choose Natalie Wood for the current question.

Damn you Canadians are devious. No wonder you have such a brilliant military history... Wink
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:34 am

*comic note* I agree with Jeremy Hotz's assessment that we've been lying in wait for 200 years and if we declare war on someone it'll be the greatest coup in military history!

*serious note* We actually do have a glory-filled military history! WW1 especially. Great reading if you've got some time to kill and some surfing to do.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:35 am

Roody also has Wolverine on his side. Veteran of the Civil War (Canadians fought in the Civil War?) and World War II.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:39 am

A_Roode wrote:*comic note* I agree with Jeremy Hotz's assessment that we've been lying in wait for 200 years and if we declare war on someone it'll be the greatest coup in military history!

*serious note* We actually do have a glory-filled military history! WW1 especially. Great reading if you've got some time to kill and some surfing to do.

I will have to look into that. I was similarly floored when the movie Australia showed a battle there. I was completely unaware of it until I looked it up.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:01 am

This was quite the trick question. I too got it wrong when I took a stab at it. It was D. and only Busemci got it right which puts him in a 3 way tie for 2nd and 1st place is only 1 point away. Standings half way through the 14 rounds are as follows:

Roode has the solo lead with 4
Donte ,W, and now Bus tied with 3
Banks, mfrendo, IPKI$$, Lesstu, and Geezer all tied with 1, but only 3 questions out of first, it's still anyone's to win.

Next Question 4/27:

Warren Schmidt is forced to reevaluate his life after the death of his wife in About Schmidt. What is the name of his wife? (Hard)

A. Edna
B. Barbara
C. Claire
D. Helen
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:39 am

Man, my internet was down all weekend. Now, I come back to a question on About Schmidt, which I kinda hated. Either way, I'll go with A.

BTW, thanks for the heads up over the weekend, packpaljs. Would've answered it if I had the nets at that point... Either way, much appreciated.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next