The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

+14
packpaljs
IPKI$$
transformers2
Donte77
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
A_Roode
becs
JackO
mfrendo
leestu
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
NSpan
18 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

THE LAST FANTAVERSE MOVIE CLUB POLL -- vote!!!!!!

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 2 I_vote_lcap100%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

Post by transformers2 Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Empire Of The Sun is a good one Boosh. I've wanted to see that one for a while. i came up with a couple more as well more on the shitty classic side than the good one

Manos:The Hands Of Fate
Steel
Judge Dredd
Lawnmower Man
Howard The Duck
Escape From New York
Dark City
A Bronx Tale
Pale Rider
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

Post by NSpan Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

there's so many movies that i just ASSUME we've all seen already.. i mean, come on, we're supposed to be Movie Buffs.. we're lookin' more like Movie Buff Apprentices
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:44 am

Tranny's list being notable.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:03 am

I'm down for Pale Rider too. Have it on blu ray, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. This may light a fire under my ass...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:10 am

im only 16 [almost 17] and ive seen a lot of lot movies but some of the classics i am missing. I hope to conquer some of them soon.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:56 am

NSpan wrote:there's so many movies that i just ASSUME we've all seen already.. i mean, come on, we're supposed to be Movie Buffs.. we're lookin' more like Movie Buff Apprentices
for the record, i include myself in that generalization.. i am missing out on some essential cinema
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:49 am

thats what i figured everybody has some movies that are considered classic that they havent seen.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:27 am

i mentioned Badlands in another thread, and it occurred to me that it might be a worthy candidate for Movie Club.. even if it doesn't make the cut, i highly recommend it to everybody--particularly anyone who believes that Natural Born Killers has any redeemable value
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:22 pm

I liked Badlands quite a lot.

I have seen a lot of the movies mentioned here (including my whole list) but one I have really wanted to see and have not that was just mentioned by Busci is Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. I would second that for the club.

And I don't feel bad that I haven't seen some of these movies. I read, write, work out, play, sleep, work and then have time to maybe watch 5 movies a week. I can't see them all. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:32 am

okay, new poll is up.. the last one was a major split decision, with a tie between Alice and The 400 Blows.. instead of doing a runoff, i'm just gonna put them both on the calendar.. hope that's kosher with everyone.. with a single exception, every other movie got at least one vote--so most of them are staying in the running.. i added the few movies that i noticed had been "seconded".. if i missed something, lemme know..

i also took 8 1/2 off the poll for the time being, as i know that at least two of you guys will be watching it imminently--Movie Club or not.. considering the fact that i've often cited it as my all-time favorite movie (my #1 changes pretty often, but this Fellini classic has a permanent spot in my top 10), i'd love to hear your responses

i got a blu-ray copy of Amadeus set to #1 on my netflix queue, so i'll definitely get around to watching that this week
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:37 am

For Sake of Classic and Obsure I nominate The Third Man with Orson Welles. This is my favorite Welles movie, far underated, while I feel Citizen Kane is overrated.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:50 pm

'The Third Man' is an excellent choice packpaljs!
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:31 am

honestly, our first two movies have been exactly the type of fare that i hoped for Movie Club.. you know, movies that you're just glad you watched--regardless of whether you even liked em or not..

right now, we have a tie in the polls.. should i go ahead and put both Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid and Lawrence of Arabia on the calendar? or should we wait for more votes to determine a clear winner?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:35 am

i say put em both on the calender
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:37 am

i say put them both as well.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:53 am

okay, done.. new poll is up.. i'm gonna try and leave this one up for a while... i don't wanna get too ahead of ourselves with the calendar.. i think more people will participate if there is a timely interest in each week's pick..
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:00 am

I voted for The 3rd Man. My favorite book, and by far my favorite OW film.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:02 pm

Okay I have a few Noms:

Tommy
Victor/Victoria
Cabaret
How Green was My Valley
The Inn of the Sixth Happiness
Awakenings
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
A Man for All Seasons
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Edit: doh, I somehow missed the 2nd and 3rd page.. removed 3rd man from my list!

Edit #2: Also Welcome to the board pack! The midwestern contingent is growing!
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Thanks! I was surprised to see so many people on Fantaverse from my area.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:49 am

Voted For Pale Rider this time around.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:58 am

becs wrote:Tommy
Victor/Victoria
Cabaret
How Green was My Valley
The Inn of the Sixth Happiness
Awakenings
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
A Man for All Seasons
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
A Man for All Seasons is a great nom.. i'll second that.. Cuckoo's Nest and Tommy are two that i just assume the majority of us have seen..
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:27 am

I went with The Third Man this time as I haven't seen it and would like to have a reason.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:26 am

i came up with a few more potential nominations:

On the Waterfront (1954)
12 Angry Men (1957)
Opening Night (1977)
Straight Time (1978)
Au Revoir Les Enfants (1987)
Night on Earth (1991)
Before Sunrise (1995)
Underground (1995)
The Pianist (2002)
Downfall (2004)
The Lives of Others (2006)

i might ask that these be seconded AND thirded before any are eligible for the poll... i don't want my personal opinion to dictate where we take this..

assuming The Third Man wins this current poll, the potential nominees for the next poll include:

A Man for All Seasons (1966)
Metropolis (1927)
Night of the Hunter (1955)
Five Easy Pieces (1970)
Empire of the Sun (1987)
Pale Rider (1985)
Aguirre: The Wrath of God (1972)

as it stands, we got room for 3 more noms
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:53 am

I actually would love to see The Pianist again, so i second that
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:54 am

I'm sure a lot of yall have seen this but ill nominate casablanca, as i've never seen it
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next