The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

+14
packpaljs
IPKI$$
transformers2
Donte77
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
A_Roode
becs
JackO
mfrendo
leestu
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
NSpan
18 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

THE LAST FANTAVERSE MOVIE CLUB POLL -- vote!!!!!!

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** I_vote_lcap0%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** I_vote_lcap100%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** I_vote_lcap0%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** Empty Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

Post by NSpan Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 am

This thread will be perpetually open to nominations for Movie Club picks. Any movie seconded will go into the next poll. Runners-up from past polls will continue to run until chosen or declared DOA. So, go ahead: nominate and discuss!

Last edited by NSpan on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:17 pm; edited 22 times in total
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** Empty Re: Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:05 am

I nominate Fellini's 8 1/2, as I just ordered it.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** Empty Re: Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:09 am

I voted for The 400 Blows. It's been awhile, i own it, and i loved it. Might as well discuss it as well.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:13 am

I too own it, bought it a few weeks ago but haven't gotten around to watching it. And it is supposedly a classic so would fit in well.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:21 am

Here are some of my suggestions (some classics I either haven't seen or would like to rewatch)

Metropolis
Un Chien Andalou
5 Easy Pieces
Network
Night Of The Hunter
The Manchurian Candidate (original)
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:22 am

Can I also suggest Mephisto?
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:23 am

I'll totally second Metropolis, Manchurian Candidate (original), and Night of the Hunter.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:20 pm

being a short, i don't know if Un Chien Andalou is really worth a nom

i'm waiting on just a few more votes before i officially call the next movie.. (and, no, it's not Ishtar)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:57 pm

I know this might be too recent of a film, but I nominate The Room(2003) . . . .
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:37 pm

I"m okay with it being Ishtar, actually. Gotta watch some from both sides of the coin, and it might bring up an interesting discussion.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:29 am

okay, i'm callin it.. Amadeus will be the second Movie Club pick.. that gives us all two full weekends to track it down and watch it.. discussion is still welcome (and encouraged!!) in the Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore thread.. plenty of time for you stragglers to catch up on that one..
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:52 am

If/when we do Metropolis, I think we need to do a compare/contrast with the supposed loosely based anime remake Metoroporisu, which is one of my favorites of all time, though I haven't seen the original so I dunno how related they are.

Osamu Tezuka claimed that he received inspiration for his Metropolis manga from seeing the poster for Metropolis (1927), but never actually saw the film.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:03 am

We could watch 'Dark City' that weekend too since 'Metropolis' was evidently of great influence.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Maybe we can get some newer movies too...

Classic doesn't neccessarily mean old Razz
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:17 pm

go ahead and suggest some, Banks... for your consideration, a few movies that i consider "classics" that perhaps not everyone has seen (but everybody SHOULD see!!):

Vampire's Kiss
April Fool's Day
Be Here to Love Me
A Boy and His Dog
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
The Conversation
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Of Unknown Origin
The Devil and Daniel Johnston
Five Easy Pieces
The Gate
How to Get Ahead in Advertising
Kelly's Heroes
The Killing
Mystery Train
Paris, Texas
Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii
Schizopolis
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
Zombie
Basket Case

(okay, maybe that last one isn't exactly a "classic").. but if there are a decent number of people who haven't seen a particular one of these flicks, i'd happily rewatch any of 'em for the sake of Movie Club
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:37 pm

April Fool's Day isn't a classic. It's just a stupid horror movie that was only made due to the success of Friday the 13th.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Buscemi wrote:April Fool's Day isn't a classic. It's just a stupid horror movie that was only made due to the success of Friday the 13th.
guess i'm an asshole, 'cause i sure liked it

though, for the record, that list is mostly alphabetical--so i hope nobody misconstrues it as me saying that April Fool's Day is better than, say, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 pm

I voted for Night of the Hunter this time. One of my favorite movies and one I do not own so this will be incentive to go get it. I am up for any of these movies however.

I own 5 Easy Pieces, Lawrence of Arabia, 400 Blows, Paris, Texas (which I thought was very slow)
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Also I would suggest a few other candidates.

One Flew Over the Cockoos Nest

The Exorcist

Texas Chain Saw Massacre (we need more classic horror films in the list)

Once Upon a Time in the West

The Maltese Falcon
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:14 am

i also got a few suggestions

Mean Streets
Donnie Brasco
Hustle and Flow[i know its newer but its really good and a classic]
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Boyz N The Hood
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:15 am

Plan 9 sounds like a good one.

Those rest are all great, Tranny. Mean Streets is a fav of mine. In fact, if I did a top 100 list again, it would prob be near the top (forgot it last time).
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:32 am

RT just had a "Five Favorite Movies With..." Greg Mottola (director of Superbad and Adventureland).. his 5 consisted of:

8 1/2
Godfather Part II
Manhattan
2001: A Space Odyssey

and
The 400 Blows

that's some classy company for Truffaut and his 400 Blows--which, by the way, is teetering on the brink of the IMDB top #250 list.. it's hangin' on by a thread at #249 (with a score of 8.1)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:41 am

I actually have 8 1/2 at home right now from netflix. I should watch it.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:06 am

I voted for Metropolis as I've owned it for quite some time now and have always been meaning to get around to it but never do. Having a chance to talk about it might make me more inclined to sit through it.

Some more suggestions:

Crash (cronenberg's, not haggis's)
Hidden (Cache')
Lost Highway
Dancer in the Dark
The Magnificent Ambersons
La Dolce Vita
The Grand Illusion
Amarcord
Ran
The Three Colours Trilogy
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:36 am

My Suggestions:

The Killing Of A Chinese Bookie
A Woman Under The Influence
High and Low
Once Upon A Time In America
Empire Of The Sun
Killer Of Sheep
Duel
Another Woman
Dark Star
The Decalogue
White Dog
Ride The High Country
Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid
Assault On Precinct 13 (the original)
Barton Fink
Hamlet (Branagh's version)
King Boxer
The One-Armed Swordsman
Drunken Master 2 (aka The Legend Of Drunken Master)
Death Wish 3
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next