The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jai Ho! The Slumdog Millionaire Club (OVER Juno Club)

+10
Keyser Soze
numbersix_99
SuperShaan
MisterInformative
silversurfer19
Buscemi
undeadmonkey
geezer9687
J.I.
JackO
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Jai Ho! The Slumdog Millionaire Club (OVER Juno Club) - Page 3 Empty Re: Jai Ho! The Slumdog Millionaire Club (OVER Juno Club)

Post by J.I. Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:37 am

I don't think so, but I do think it will be fairly close. $130-140 million.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Jai Ho! The Slumdog Millionaire Club (OVER Juno Club) - Page 3 Empty Re: Jai Ho! The Slumdog Millionaire Club (OVER Juno Club)

Post by JackO Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:55 am

Slumdog's first really wide weekend grossed 12M. With good legs, it can make up 37M it needs. It is already a little less then 25% of the way there.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:08 am

If the estimates hold Slumdog will only be 9M away from Juno. sunny And that's a wrap!
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:04 am

So I just saw this movie 2 days ago...what the fuck is the big deal? I mean it was ok, but I'm not understanding all the acolades...I scored it a 6 on imdb, lower than quite a few movies from last year...I don't know, I guess I didn't get it....oh well
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:07 am

Yeah, let me guess . . .The Dark knight should have won Best Picture. Nolan wuz robbed! OMG! BBQ! Sleep
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:11 am

Nah, but I did think Benjamin Button was better. I thought 7 pounds was better. Gran Torino was better. I could go on and on....and yes, TDK was better too, just not worthy of Best Picture...I don't get the BBQ reference BTW...
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:44 am

i guess bbq-eatin' rednecks don't quite grasp how awesome poverty is--they'd rather watch comic book movies
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:58 am

I love me some BBQ!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:43 am

This club just misses because of DVD.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:31 am

I'm with you, brock...it was a good movie that showed flashes of greatness, but overall was held back by an overachieving director out of his element and a slow and predictable, sometimes even boring attempt at an overly triumphant tale of determination and the perserverence of the soul and yada yada...if this weren't based on a true story, there would have been little to no mention of this at all.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Better watch out! You might get accused of being a redneck for not liking it!
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3