The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Idea Part 2 Ratings Bonzana Continued and Back with a stinging vengance

+23
Chienfantome
W
IPKI$$
johnErle
Donte77
SuperShaan
J.I.
becs
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
mfrendo
NSpan
silversurfer19
numbersix_99
lillylovelost
Alyson
A_Roode
Buscemi
JackO
BanksIsDaFuture
undeadmonkey
BarcaRulz
transformers2
27 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

An Idea Part 2 Ratings Bonzana Continued and Back with a stinging vengance - Page 20 Empty Re: An Idea Part 2 Ratings Bonzana Continued and Back with a stinging vengance

Post by JackO Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:28 am

Great minds think alike!
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

An Idea Part 2 Ratings Bonzana Continued and Back with a stinging vengance - Page 20 Empty Re: An Idea Part 2 Ratings Bonzana Continued and Back with a stinging vengance

Post by mfrendo Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:31 am

I just ordered a copy of the Daytrippers through Ebay. They didn't have it on netflix, as it's out of print. Hopefully will get here soon...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:12 am

JackO wrote:Adventureland - 10/10

This movie is a slow burn. Well, that's not really a good metaphor but it is the closest i can think of. The beginning read to me as a bit forced. It was like, who is this kid? Michael Cera Jr.!? Then they introduced the park, Adventureland and then the movie took off and never looked back. It's got everything. The teenage awkwardness is still there but now there is such intensity, it's crazy, yet the script is so natural, it's just plays perfectly. It's a film where the sum is greater then it's parts. While there are no standout characters like McLovin, the entire cast plays a vital role in giving this film life and every one of them is important in some way. I think I liked that the most. Right now it stands as my top film for '09.

Wow, unexpected. The trailer looked awful to me, but then again I think it's at 80% on RT so it apparently is quality.

I'll have to check it out sometime during the week.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:04 pm

I Love You Man 8/10

One of the funniest flicks so far this year. Paull Rudd and Jason Segal just work so well together, and the pairing of Jon Favreau and Jamie Pressley as a married couple was genius. More great casting, Paul Rudd's family played by Mom - Jane Curtain, Dad, J.K. Simmons, and Brother - Andy Samberg. Paul Rudd's character was so awkward around other guys that there were times you just wanted him to stop talking because it was so painful listening to him try to be cool.

You also get to see Lou (Don't call me Hulk) Ferrigno drop a sleeper hold on Segal that is priceless.

Definitely this year's Forgetting Sarah Marshall

For Moguls players, every showing of Adventureland and Fast and Furious at the Cineplex where we saw ILYM last night were sold out.

Tonight, it's Adventureland at a theater just down the street from the amusement park where it was filmed.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:07 pm

Fast and Furious 9/10

They did it again! It was really well done. The action sequences where great. the story was pretty good the actors did what they needed to do. Really fun ride. Worth seeing for sure.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:42 am

I Love You, Man */****

Other than Jason Segel, I hated everything about this film. Paul Rudd sucked in it, the script sucked (it seemed that every scene featured a failed joke or something that didn't even make sense at all) and the whole thing goes on forever. It's like they attempted to copy Judd Apatow but instead make an awful imitation of Juno's script with a million rom-com cliches. I'm glad I saw this for free because otherwise I'd feel totally ripped off.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:25 am

ILYM - 4/10 Nothing special...
MvA - 6/10 Nothing Special...
Push- 6/10 nothing special...
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:04 am

I think you may have been a tad bit too nice with Push there Becs. That shit was pretty horrible.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:05 pm

See, I was somewhat drunk, so I'm not sure if I lost chunks of the film because they weren't actually there or just because I was so wasted... but it was not miserable to watch, so at least theoretically had the possibility to be good.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:32 am

becs wrote:See, I was somewhat drunk, so I'm not sure if I lost chunks of the film because they weren't actually there or just because I was so wasted... but it was not miserable to watch, so at least theoretically had the possibility to be good.

This is what confused me about Push. I wanted to like it, and kinda did actually. Until you think about what happened and realizes that nothing in the movie makes sense.

I guess it's the definition of a guilty pleasure - you know its bad but it's fun to watch.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:44 am

[/b]Gomorrah 2/10[b]

Not sure how this movie even ended up nominated in the same category as Waltz With Bashir. One was a good foreign film, and the other completely sucked. Two things I learned from it though, 1. Real organized crime is absolutely nothing like The Gofather, Goodfellas or The Sopranos, and 2. Just because someone writes a supposedly good book, it doesn't mean that it'll translate well onto the big screen.

This was 2:15 that felt more like 4 hours. Any one of the 5 stories that were told in this flick might have made a good movie on its own had it been fleshed out more, but as it was, the whole thing just felt disjointed.

From what I understand, 90% of the cast was making their first screen appearance, and it definitely showed. It was like watching a bunch of mannequins go through every day life (When that everyday life involves pretty much either killing someone or getting killed yourself)

It so much wanted to be City of God, but it failed miserably
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:11 am

Observe and Report - an funny enough action/comedy parody flick. There were a couple of laugh out loud/Oh shit! moments but not enough to stay memorable.

7/10
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:14 am

I agree with that JackO. I give it an 8 though for the climactic scene.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:24 am

Copying my earlier post from the What Are You Watching thread.

Observe and Report ***.5/****

The best movie I've seen so far this year. Better than Coraline and Watchmen. Seth Rogen is great playing against type and the dark, nihilistic tone of the film is perfect for a genre that needs more dark and nihilistic films showing characters that aren't all about idiocy, making up things that mean nothing and inane antics (I'm looking at you, I Love You Man). I also enjoyed that the director chose to be balls out graphic with the film. In one scene, the word fuck is said 25 times in less than a minute. In another scene, characters take cocaine and heroin before beating up a skateboard gang with fists, nightsticks and even their own skateboards. It's graphic, it's politically incorrect and it's hilarious.

You can most likely expect the film in my top list at the end of the year.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:29 am

Observe & Report - 4/10

Nothing even interesting here, not funny, and Seth Rogen looks like a retard. There's a couple of cool moments, like when him and the lisp dude get high and fuck up those skateboarders. Also, that one scene towards the end with the flasher (if you've seen it, you know...).
Other than that, it's a whole bunch of nothing.

And Danny McBride's scene is the best thing within the movie.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:32 am

17 Again: 7.5/10.

Believe it or not, this is actually a very enjoyable film. Yes, it's predictable, but it's not Disney predictable, and the PG-13 rating makes it less cheesy.

I thought everyone did their job well. Matthew Perry was the reason i watched it, and while he isn't in it for too long, his comedic timing is still perfect. The dude from Reno 911 was also great, his awkward comedy is still great as well.

Leslie Mann is awesome as always, and Zac Effron was actually not bad at all.

One of the better (best?) time travel/age swap movies. Funny and it's got heart.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:44 am

BarcaRulz wrote:(best?)

I don't think it could possibly be better than Big...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:47 am

BarcaRulz wrote:17 Again: 7.5/10.

Believe it or not, this is actually a very enjoyable film. Yes, it's predictable, but it's not Disney predictable, and the PG-13 rating makes it less cheesy.

I thought everyone did their job well. Matthew Perry was the reason i watched it, and while he isn't in it for too long, his comedic timing is still perfect. The dude from Reno 911 was also great, his awkward comedy is still great as well.

Leslie Mann is awesome as always, and Zac Effron was actually not bad at all.

One of the better (best?) time travel/age swap movies. Funny and it's got heart.

That's good to hear. Maybe we'll be seeing Matthew Perry a bit more, i always thought he was one of the more underrated Friends actors. I would love to see him more often
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:47 am

W wrote:
BarcaRulz wrote:(best?)

I don't think it could possibly be better than Big...

I liked Big, probably as much as i liked this.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:50 am

I never really liked Matthew Perry on Friends. David Schwimmer was the good actor on that show and yet never got any good stories when the show started sucking (after Chandler and Monica got married). Before then, he always had the best stories. But at least he seems to be doing well as a director (with Run Fatboy Run).

However, Perry was good in Almost Heroes and I'd love to see a comedy made where he plays Commodore Matthew Perry.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:54 am

Nothing is better than Big. To suggest something as absurd as that statement is close to sacriledge.

I danced on the keyboard steps when we visited NY a couple of years ago. I got a strange look from some of the security guards. Also its a lot smaller than what I imagined.

Also, watched an episode of Friends last night. Paul Rudd was a great addition to the cast. And I think Perry is a bit of a one trick pony, I don't see him capable of anything other than playing Chandler.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:56 am

Almost Heroes was excellent. I also think the The Whole Nine/Ten Yards movies are funny as well.

Studio 60 was fantastic, i can't believe that they canned that show.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:57 am

Even if that is true, Chandler is hilarious.

You know, I've never seen Big...
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:06 am

Its probably a movie that everyone should see so that at least they can compare it to other movies... And it helps to kick off Tom Hanks' career.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 am

Actually, Splash kicked off Tom Hanks's career. Nothing like working with Ron Howard and John Candy on your first big role.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next