The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back'

+8
silversurfer19
becs
BanksIsDaFuture
Buscemi
undeadmonkey
johnErle
geezer9687
JackO
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back' Empty Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back'

Post by JackO Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:34 am

TMZ has it!

Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back' 0202_cb_audio_launch_ex_explicit_490

Bale went wild on the Terminator Salvation set. Here is the audio: http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back' Empty Re: Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back'

Post by geezer9687 Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:46 am

Just lost so much respect for Christian Bale
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by johnErle Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:27 am

I'd like to see that kind of passion in his performance for once.
johnErle
johnErle
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

http://www.dynamicrangeradio.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:16 pm

geezer9687 wrote:Just lost so much respect for Christian Bale

Also my exact same thoughts. I mean i'm sure the guy would of got the picture after the first minute, but he just keeps going and going, and even drags the director into it, who I would think would actually have a right to be angry.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Could something describe the video to me? I hate these tabloid, "we want people to remember the bad things rather than the good things about these celebrities" things.

I especially hate things like TMZ and Perez Hilton and refuse to read or watch them.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Yeah, let's remember the good things about Christian Bale, like that one time he beat up his mom and sister! Reported by that gossip rag,
CBS News.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:07 pm

But he did give us his talent in Empire Of The Sun, American Psycho, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and numerous other films (yes, even Newsies).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Bale is an asshole for that, how can you berate someone like that for 3 minutes straight in public? It's all just a power trip, he knows he can get anyone fired because WB will do anything to keep him happy.

This reminds me of that story that Kevin Smith told in An Evening With Kevin Smith 3, where he wanted the day off or something. And Bruce Willis called Fox and demanded the day off, and when they said no because it's a waste, he goes "OK, well tell me who your 2nd choice is for John McClane?" It's kind of disturbing how much power one person can have over something as big as a $200 million project, thousands of people's jobs, etc.

I'm more angry at the DP though, who lets another man talk to them like that? If he got hired to do Terminator 4, I'm sure he's well known enough to tell Bale to go fuck himself and walk off set and have another gig in days. He's quite the pussy.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Hollywoodlife.net is already reporting that a crew member is defending Bale...

An associate producer from Terminator Salvation has come forward to defend Christian Bale's on-set rant.

Yesterday an audiotape surfaced of a man believed to be Christian going ballistic after the movie's director of photography, Shane Hurlbut, walked into the scene during a take.

He then unleashes on a four-minute f-word filled tirade and promises to "kick his f**king ass" before threatening to quit unless Shane was fired.

But Bruce Franklin, an assistant director and associate producer on the fourth Terminator film, insists the star was only upset for a short period of time before his "moment" passed.

He tells E! Online, "If you are working in a very intense scene and someone takes you out of your groove... It was the most emotional scene in the movie. And for him to get stopped in the middle of it - he is very intensely involved in his character. He didn't walk around like that all day long. It was just a moment and it passed."

Bruce thinks that someone released the tape to make Bale look bad.

He adds, "This was my second movie with Christian, and it has always been a good experience with him. He is so dedicated to the craft. I think someone is begging to make some noise (controversy) about this, but I don't think it's fair. The art of acting is not paint by numbers, it's an art form."
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:18 pm

When I first heard this, I kind of understood where Bale was coming from. I mean, he's in the middle of an intense scene, you gotta get yourself into the scene, and then some ass comes and walks right in the middle of the set and puts you totally off. I mean, come on, if he's supposed to be a professional, you know not to do that. And Bale mentioned that it hadn't been the first time. I can totally understand how mad that could make you.

However, it did go on for a terribly long time, and I think Bale did get the idea that it was the perfect way to ensure he never worked with the studio again. He even mentioned at some point that he would "never work with me again". So obviously he had devised a little plan. That was a bit off.

And JackO, I guess the DP was not well known enough to stand up for himself. This is his list of credits....:

Swing Vote
Semi-Pro
The Reckoning
We Are Marshall
Waist Deep
Something New
The Greatest Game Ever Played
Into the Blue
Mr 3000
11:14
Drumline
Crazy/Beautiful
The Skulls
The Rat Pack
The Robber

Hardly the list of films you'd expect from a Terminator DP.

Another question though, is that sombody is obviously trying to make Bale look bad, someone who is working on the set. That cannot be good for moral.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Cinematographers for the Terminator films usually haven't been quite famous. Here's the list of Adam Greenberg's (cinematograher for the first two Terminators) U.S. films before the first one:

The Big Red One
Seed Of Innocence
Paradise
Safari 3000
The Last American Virgin
10 To Midnight
Over The Brooklyn Bridge
The Ambassador

And in between the first two:

Private Resort
War and Love
Once Bitten
Iron Eagle
The Ladies' Club
Wisdom
La Bamba
Near Dark
Three Men And A Baby
Spellbinder
Alien Nation
Turner and Hooch
Worth Winning
Ghost
Love Hurts
Three Men And A Little Lady

So though doing The Terminator, Greenberg really didn't become a top cinematographer until the release of Three Men And A Baby three years after the release of the first Terminator. Before then, he was mostly a cinematographer for low budget B-movies and Cannon Films releases.

Meanwhile the third film's cinematographer, Don Burgess, didn't have much of a career until Robert Zemeckis got him to do Forrest Gump. Since then, he's gotten some good jobs (mainly with Zemeckis but also doing the first Spider-Man and the live-action sequences of Enchanted).

So I don't really know what you mean by "Terminator DP", because all three of them have roots in B-movies or small studio films.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 am

That's all well and good, but the DP for this Terminator (Shane Hurlbut) has been working on major studio projects for almost a decade. Yes, nothing on the scale of a Terminator movie, but he hasn't been working on low-budget student films or anything.

Anyway, maybe it's just me, but I would not let anyone talk to me like that. Especially if the worse that can happen is getting fired. I mean, I guess if there was a fear of getting stomped to a pulp, then yeah. But we all know Bale is not stupid enough to touch that guy, at least if he doesn't want to lose millions settling out of court with him.

That guy is still a major pussy for just standing there taking it.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:39 am

Maybe it wasn't just getting fired that he was scared of, but being blacklisted by the studio. That could cause him some problems in the future. And I'm sure the guy will sue Bale for something, probably for making him cry. That's the way it goes nowadays doesn't it...
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:43 am

Or maybe some people don't really care that rich, "I think I'm so much better than you," asshole actors are going off on them for 4 minutes. Maybe the fact that Bale now looks so stupid all over the internet is all the satisfaction someone needs. Not everyone needs to punch a guy in the face to feel like a man. Some people know when to let it slide.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:13 am

I dunno, I listened to the thing, and honestly I think it went on a little long but over all (other than the one point when he clearly sounded to be going after the guy like a minute in) he was relatively reasonable albeit long winded about it. Though I couldn't hear all the replies from the DP, Bale was pretty angry right off then cooled down quickly, but the DP apparently kept saying things which incited him to be angry again, which is what kept it going as long as it did - so I could totally relate to his frustration.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:31 am

I completely agree with you becs. The DP does constantly keep winding Bale up further. Maybe it was he who was recording it? Either way, it seems we are the only ones who can understand where Bale is coming from with this. Maybe we too both have short fuses and can easily relate....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:38 am

I'm the least short fused person I've ever known.... or most long fused? My most recent ex was quite often bewildered because he would feel strongly on a topic, and I would sit there and talk through exactly his point of view and the exact feelings or thought process he had behind his opinion, and then whip around with why it was illogical. I tend to not be emotionally involved in my decisions, opinions or beliefs in any way, so I don't have any problem with people having their own opposing opinion, I just tend to find them irrational.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:58 am

Obviously it's just me then....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:02 am

I thought it was hysterical Christan Bale is a complete asshole but this audio is goddamn funny.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:33 am

you know, it's not entirely clear whether or not this guy actually walked through THE SCENE or if he simply dared to walk by Batman's field of vision during a scene... if it's the latter, Christian Bale is even more of an asshole than people are suspecting...

either way, the whole thing is just kinda silly and depressing.. sadly, plenty of creative and talented people are utter pricks

Last edited by NSpan on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:03 am

The DP won't get blacklisted. If Lee Tamahori (the guy who directed Once Were Warriors and Die Another Day) can still get work after his prostitution incident, then so can a cinematographer who made an actor irate.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:09 am

I'm sure the studio would not like an incompetent DP on their books. What he did was unprofessional, and Bale is a big player in Hollywood who a studio would want to keep. Also Lee Tamahori has only worked on one movie in four years since his arrest. Hardly setting the world alight, especially when that movie was Next....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:13 am

I thought that xXx: State Of The Union was made after the incident.

And Hollywood doesn't care about incompetent. They hire incompetent actors, directors and writers all the time. Hell, even composers can be incompetent (just listen to any David Newman score after 1996).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:24 am

xXx was released in 2005, he was arrested in 2006. And yes, Hollywood does often employ incompetent staff, but if bad word is spread about him, and if a high profile star such as Bale has his own way, it would be difficult for him to get work, at least with that studio.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 am

This reminds me of when I read about the making of the New Zealand film River Queen where Samantha Morton criticized the direction of the notoriously hard-to-work with Vincent Ward. New Zealanders sided with Ward and found as many bad things to say about Morton as possible but in the end, Morton was the one still getting work. But you kind of have to side with Morton anyway because after the film was complete, she sufferred a stroke (possibly due to the hectic production) and it was thought that it would that years for her to recover. But she ended up having a full recovery and is still working.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next