The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight News: Hardwicke Fired Off of 'Twilight' Franchise

+12
Keyser Soze
MisterInformative
Alyson
A_Roode
NSpan
JackO
W
becs
BanksIsDaFuture
Buscemi
Mannix2121
lillylovelost
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Twilight News: Hardwicke Fired Off of 'Twilight' Franchise - Page 4 Empty Re: Twilight News: Hardwicke Fired Off of 'Twilight' Franchise

Post by JackO Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:13 am

Warner Brothers musr have been reading this thread since they moved Sherlock Holmes from 11/13 to 12/25! Twilight Saga Rulez All!
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Twilight News: Hardwicke Fired Off of 'Twilight' Franchise - Page 4 Empty Re: Twilight News: Hardwicke Fired Off of 'Twilight' Franchise

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Drew Barrymore Eyed To Direct 3rd 'Twilight' Film
NEW YORK (AP) ¯

She starred as a buddy to that lovable alien E.T., but does Drew Barrymore have what it takes to direct vampires?

The 34-year-old actress ("E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial," the "Charlie's Angels" films) has confirmed that she's being considered for "Eclipse," the third movie in the blockbuster teen vamp saga that launched with "Twilight" last year.

"I'm one of the directors that is being talked about, which is great, because I'm a director now," Barrymore said in a recent interview. "But, you know, they'll make their choice."

"Eclipse" is slated for a summer 2010 release.

Chris Weitz ("The Golden Compass") is directing "The Twilight Saga: New Moon," the second film based on Stephenie Meyer's best-selling series. He took over the franchise from "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke.

"New Moon" will be in theaters in November.

Barrymore directed "Whip It!" starring Ellen Page ("Juno"), due in theaters this year.

She stars in the upcoming HBO movie "Grey Gardens," co-starring Jessica Lange and Jeanne Tripplehorn.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:30 am

As if I needed a reason NOT to see this series other than the terrible writing that is the source material.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 am

I'll reserve judgement until Whip It! comes out.

But the finale of Eclipse is very action-packed, can a newbie director get it right?

Oh, who am I kidding? The teen girls wouldn't care if it was directed by Gary Coleman, just have a ton of shots of Bella and Edward gazing into each other's eyes in a field.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:04 am

Keyser Soze wrote:

"I'm one of the directors that is being talked about, which is great, because I'm a director now," Barrymore said in a recent interview.

Am I the only one who found this line absolutely freaking hilarious! Just think about it in Barrymore's voice. You know she was dead serious too.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:28 am

Remember when Sean Astin was considered to direct Fantastic Four? Neither does anyone else. I believe that this is just an idea designed to make noise but won't really happen. I expect Weitz to return for the third installment since he's already directing the second and they will need someone both familiar with the material and who is easy to go. Weitz is most likely going to both.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:02 pm

And Drew Barrymore will not be directing Eclipse. Instead Juan Antonio Bayona, the director of The Orphanage, will be directing the film. Maybe the series will, you know, start to utilize more of the horror elements that the series was built upon.

Meanwhile, I still find it kind of weird (even though I love the choice of a horror director directing the third film) that Chris Weitz was not offered the directing job even though they are shooting the films back-to-back. Usually when this occurs, the same director directs both films (examples including Gore Verbinski, Chris Columbus, Peter Jackson, The Wachowski Brothers, Richard Donner and Robert Zemeckis). Did they feel that Weitz was not talented enough to direct two films back to back? Or is it simply Summit biting more than they can chew?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Maybe the series will, you know, start to utilize more of the horror elements that the series was built upon.

Have you even read the books? There is definitely a minor "thriller" element, but horror?
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:11 pm

They're vampires. Since when have vampires not been horror?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Buscemi wrote:They're vampires. Since when have vampires not been horror?

... since its a love story where the vampires, for the most part, are the good guys?
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:16 pm

But they're going to need to defend themselves.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Basically, Twilight sounds like a bite off of the Buffy-Angel romance, which I didn't consider horror either. So, while I see where your coming from Busc, I don't think I'd call Twilight horror (but I haven't read the books either, so what the hell do I really know?).
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:02 pm

becs wrote:
Buscemi wrote:They're vampires. Since when have vampires not been horror?

... since its a love story where the vampires, for the most part, are the good guys?

Not in Eclipse, the infants aren't. And the battle between the Cullens/werewolves and the infants from Seattle could be adapted to a horror-like fight, although I doubt it will.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:06 pm

mfrendo wrote: I don't think I'd call Twilight horror (but I haven't read the books either, so what the hell do I really know?).

You know better than to read this bad series. LOL Smile The few pages I read over my wife's shoulder were enough for me.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:42 am

Buscemi wrote:And Drew Barrymore will not be directing Eclipse. Instead Juan Antonio Bayona, the director of The Orphanage, will be directing the film. Maybe the series will, you know, start to utilize more of the horror elements that the series was built upon.

Meanwhile, I still find it kind of weird (even though I love the choice of a horror director directing the third film) that Chris Weitz was not offered the directing job even though they are shooting the films back-to-back. Usually when this occurs, the same director directs both films (examples including Gore Verbinski, Chris Columbus, Peter Jackson, The Wachowski Brothers, Richard Donner and Robert Zemeckis). Did they feel that Weitz was not talented enough to direct two films back to back? Or is it simply Summit biting more than they can chew?

ANNNNNNDDDDD right on cue....

UPDATE: The Los Angeles Times talked to Summit president of production Erik Feig, who said that Bayona has been signed to direct the third installment. "The 'Eclipse' directing job hasn't been offered to Juan Antonio or anyone else," Feig said. "We’ve met with three or four talented filmmakers and we'll be meeting with three or four more other candidates before we make any decision. No one has been offered the job."
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4