The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight News: Hardwicke Fired Off of 'Twilight' Franchise

+12
Keyser Soze
MisterInformative
Alyson
A_Roode
NSpan
JackO
W
becs
BanksIsDaFuture
Buscemi
Mannix2121
lillylovelost
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Twilight News: Hardwicke Fired Off of 'Twilight' Franchise - Page 3 Empty Re: Twilight News: Hardwicke Fired Off of 'Twilight' Franchise

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Somehow, someway, Summit has set a release date for Eclipse - June 30th, 2010.

Unless they shoot 2 and 3 back to back ala POTC, I don't know how they're gonna keep that date.

And why move it to the summer? Are they trying to get that Harry Potter money? I think they need to stretch it out a bit, I mean they only have 4 movies so why release right on top of one another?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Twilight News: Hardwicke Fired Off of 'Twilight' Franchise - Page 3 Empty Re: Twilight News: Hardwicke Fired Off of 'Twilight' Franchise

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:43 pm

And coming out two weeks after Toy Story 3 (3D) might not be such a great idea.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

I think they realize that the fans of this movie have a very short attention span.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:44 pm

That is a brilliant point UDM. So true.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:47 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:I think they realize that the fans of this movie have a very short attention span.

Stupid low self-esteem, most likely overweight, Goth-lite, high school freshman, cut themselves for attention, Caucasian lonely young teens.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:31 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
undeadmonkey wrote:I think they realize that the fans of this movie have a very short attention span.

Stupid low self-esteem, most likely overweight, Goth-lite, high school freshman, cut themselves for attention, Caucasian lonely young teens.

hmm yes.. that describes me to a t... Rolling Eyes
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:24 am

Damn, that was kind of messed up and degrading to fans of the franchise, Banks. I've never seen the film or read the book, but I wouldn't put everyone who does into such a broad, and insulting, category.

That's like me saying all fans of the Transformers movie were overweight, McDonald's loving, consumerist, racist, lowest-common denominator morons who are trying to relive what was big in the eighties, since they're grown up life sucks to the point that they revert to kiddie cartoon shows...

I wouldn't say that about all fans of the movie (even though it may be true for some), as it plainly wouldn't be right to lump everyone who enjoys one piece of art (or a long commercial, in the case of Transformers) into such a narrow group.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:22 am

I don't think the sequels can be ready for November 2009 and June 2010. I see February 2010 (February 12th) and August 2010 (August 13th) being more likely.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:03 am

I don't think moving not only a blockbuster franchise, but a studio breadwinning tentpole to February is such a good idea.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:06 am

Why not? There have been major hits early in the year and releasing it in November would directly put it up against Sherlock Holmes, a film that could split its audience.

Also, a February date would be perfect for promoting its romantic angle.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:39 am

Its release date isn't going to hurt a film like Twilight. Its minions will go out and see it 4, 5, 6, 20 times no matter what. Doesn't matter the quality. They just want to go watch Edward sparkle.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:32 pm

becs wrote:
hmm yes.. that describes me to a t... Rolling Eyes

mfrendo wrote: Damn, that was kind of messed up and degrading to fans of the franchise, Banks. I've never seen the film or read the book, but I wouldn't put everyone who does into such a broad, and insulting, category.

I was talking about the majority.
I'd consider myself a fan, even if I don't really like what Summit is doing with it. I've read the books, seen the movie twice and will probably see New Moon whenever it comes out.

(mfrendo, I think your description of Transformers fans probably is about 90% right.)
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Buscemi wrote:Why not? There have been major hits early in the year and releasing it in November would directly put it up against Sherlock Holmes, a film that could split its audience.

Also, a February date would be perfect for promoting its romantic angle.

I don't really see Sherlock Holmes and Twilight having any sort of competition. I don't think their fanbases crossover at all.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:29 pm

I don't see why they would want to move their release away from the successful month that Twilight used. And they are going to have to rush the fuck out of production to release in summer. But that is what they did with the books so why not??? Quality doesn't seem to matter.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:32 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:

Gee Banks, let's see just how much more wrong you could be. My wife is a huge fan of the books and is waiting for New Moon with just as much anticipation as I've been waiting for Watchmen.

Stupid - Ah, No
Low self-esteem - Ahhhh, don't think so
Overweight - Not even close
Goth-lite - Detests Goths
High school freshman - try 43
Cuts herself for attention - Give me a break
Caucasian - Hey, even a blind squirrel
Lonely, young teen - See above

Everyone has different things that entertain them. She makes fun of the fact that I like comic book movies (And let me tell you, there usually ain't much high art in those), and quite a few of the folks that you described above can be seen at those movies, but she understands that I enjoy them the same way I understand that she enjoys the Twilight franchise.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Your wife looks great for 43.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Yes, she does!!!!!!!!!!!
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:21 pm

He was talking about the general audience that the books and films are targeted at. Obviously there are exceptions to every demographic. He was also being way over the top for the sake of making a point. I'm sure he wasn't meant to be taken that everyone that likes twilight meets each of those criteria.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:28 pm

geezer9687 wrote:He was talking about the general audience that the books and films are targeted at. Obviously there are exceptions to every demographic. He was also being way over the top for the sake of making a point. I'm sure he wasn't meant to be taken that everyone that likes twilight meets each of those criteria.

Geez,

I know about 5 or 6 other women/girls who are huge fans, and not one of them meets that criteria. I'm sure none of us on this list consider ourselves the male equivalents, but I'm sure that would be the general consensus if you asked people what kind of folks will be showing up for Watchmen next week.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:09 am

Keyser,

How many teenage high school girls do you hang out with? Of course the people you know that love it are going to be in your age group. But you don't hear too much about these women as the ones going up to press announcements and autograph sessions asking Robert Pattinson to bite them. They are not the ones who expect their boyfriends to go and buy "Vampire glitter" from hot topic and wear it so they can sparkle like Edward. Of course these are the extreme examples, but I don't think that Banks was as far off as you are suggesting. Believe me, the older women that you know are the exception, not the rule. These books are absolutely targeted at young girls. Of course, they don't mind picking up the extra dollars when their moms start reading it too. Just don't wear the glitter Keyser!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:18 am

geezer9687 wrote:Keyser,

How many teenage high school girls do you hang out with? Just don't wear the glitter Keyser!

Yeah, that glitter thing ain't going to happen.

Don't hang out with any teenage girls(Too many cops around these days), but the wife works with quite a few in their early to mid twenties, and let's just say that if any of these girls showed up at a comic convention, there'd be a stampede
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:17 am

Goddamn, it's like I just raped an angel in here or something.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 am

If I had never met Kristen (who is twenty), I would have never known that Twilight was a popular series of novels. That is why I knew the movie would be big.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:57 pm

Buscemi wrote:If I had never met Kristen (who is twenty), I would have never known that Twilight was a popular series of novels. That is why I knew the movie would be big.

Stewart?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:29 am

No, another Kristen.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next