The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This is Obvious: The Michael Jackson Concert Footage"

+3
BanksIsDaFuture
undeadmonkey
W
7 posters

Go down

"This is Obvious: The Michael Jackson Concert Footage" Empty "This is Obvious: The Michael Jackson Concert Footage"

Post by W Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:43 am

Read my lips--well this column--"This is It is going to be a M-O-N-S-T-E-R!" This is one of those "If you don't listen to this advice, don't cry about it later" pieces of advice. A couple of weeks ago I had my doubts about whether Sony was going to make their $50 million back. Then the buzz got going. Now I'm wondering how much profit they're going to make.

When this concert that never happened's tickets went on sale, they sold every single ticket, over a million, for hundreds of dollars each in just a few hours. Couple that with Americans (and probably all of Western civilizations) having a fascination with celebrities and when a high powered celebrity dies, that is multiplied tenfold. Now they're saying that this collection of practice (yeah, we're talking about practice) footage is actually very good. Super buzz and good legs? If you think this film is going to sell out for two weekends and then just disappear because a time limit was placed on it, then you are kidding yourself. The two week engagement is promotional only. The possibilities are endless.

During his lifetime he had possibly more fans than any musician ever. He has the biggest selling album of all time. He was loved by everyone. Then some stuff may and/or may not have happened and he became an outsider. No matter what you think about the guy, it's obvious that in death he is closer than ever to his biggest success. He is the beloved musician that has changed the face of popular music once again, which is ironic because when he died, this is what he was trying to achieve.

Let me throw a few facts out there for you. First, its already pre-selling what is call "an unprecedented" amount of tickets for it. People were camped outside theaters in Los Angeles to get their tickets. You would think he was giving a concert there.

Secondly, it's numero uno in Fandango's "Movie Buzz" besting New Moon. We all know that New Moon is going to be a $200 M film easily and this thing is blowing their pre-sales out of the water. Weeks ago, I couldn't think of a film where this would have been possible. Not even Avatar if it looked great.

Third, this film is going to have IMAX locations. People will be able to see a fifty foot Michael Jackson moonwalking from one side of an auditorium to another. And they're going to pay a ton of cash to see it. It's being treated like the blockbuster its going to be.

This is no longer a film, it is an event. Tickets are being scalped on Ebay! My mom wants to see it and she's not a fan. This thing is going to be huge. If you don't grab this one in box office, you will be terribly sorry.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

"This is Obvious: The Michael Jackson Concert Footage" Empty Re: "This is Obvious: The Michael Jackson Concert Footage"

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:09 am

whatever happened to keeping secrets..... JK, most people probably thought of this anyway
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

"This is Obvious: The Michael Jackson Concert Footage" Empty Re: "This is Obvious: The Michael Jackson Concert Footage"

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:58 am

In the words of The Cleveland Show...

"Dats Wha I Waz Tellin' You Befo'!!!"
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:00 pm

I just thought of an alternate title for This Is It (because This Is It isn't the best title anyway):

1982: The Movie
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Really, there is not a more fitting title than This Is It.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 pm

This Is It sounds more like what someone would ask after being disappointed by an event film such as this.

1982: The Movie was a joke title, considering that both Michael Jackson and 3-D were popular then.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 pm

It's not like it was secretive before with all the discussion in the other places, plus what is a column for?

This is It was the title of the concert that he was going to play in Europe. You know, This is It, the comeback, This is his moment to shine. Since it is footage for the preperation for This is It, it was called This is It. I would say its a fitting name.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:07 pm

A lot of the time, the name of the concert isn't used as the title. Some examples include Gimme Shelter (the concert in the film is infamously known as Altamont) and Neil Young: Heart Of Gold (the actual concert was called Prairie Wind).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:25 am

W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:29 am

Keep in mind that AEG is headed by the same guy who financed all those flops for Walden Media.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by thswrestler160 Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:19 am

i thought it meant worldwide too but it said it was outpacing hp and transformers hp opened to 396 5day. but if it was 250 dom. it would have to sell out everyshow across the country in a record number of theaters

thswrestler160
The McMannus Brothers
The McMannus Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:50 am

Yeah, I don't think it will be nearly that big. But it will still be massive. I do love the title of this thread, because it really is Obvious. Well done sir.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:07 pm

I think This is It is also appropriate because it is the last concert ever. So this really is it. Agreed that it will make a few nickels though.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down