what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by W on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Ransom (70/100): Never watched it before. Decent thriller...

... W ... is fascinating. No other word for it. - Roger Ebert

W can i state that you are a genius. I dont know how you do it dude. They should have doing the tracking instead of those other idiots. - transformers2
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by BanksIsDaFuture on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Anybody heard from Donte lately?
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:27 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Anybody heard from Donte lately?

Sadly No.
transformers2
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:32 pm

He was on his Facebook last night. Commented on my status.

My DVD's: http://damntheseloginnames.dvdaf.com/

The film lasts 99 minutes. The terror lasts forever.
Paranormal Activity
Now playing in select cities, coming soon everywhere.

Don't see it alone.
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:37 am

Watched Lethal Weapon today. Very good movie, I can see why it spawned 3 sequels. Glover and Gibson have great chemistry together. But what kind of cops would let a suicidal detective and a known murderer fight on the front lawn of another detective under the downpour from a knocked over fire hydrant for the whole neighborhood to watch? That setup was pretty funny. 8/10
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:07 am

Anything can happen when Mel Gibson and Gary Busey are in your movie.

Paranormal Activity

Don't see it alone.
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:48 pm

RocknRolla 3/10 - had a few laughs but its really bad when the most interesting thing in your movie is something that you never get to see.
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:49 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:RocknRolla 3/10 - had a few laughs but its really bad when the most interesting thing in your movie is something that you never get to see.

Just like The King Of Kong? Or Ocean's Twelve?

Paranormal Activity

Don't see it alone.
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:23 pm

Or Reservoir Dogs?
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Ghost Town- 7/10 I liked this way more than I thought I would. While it does border on formulaic rom-com at times, the leads (especially Kinnear and Gervais) help it seem fresh. Plus, most rom-com's are rarely as genuine and heartfelt as this one. And there are just some really really awkward scenes that were fucking hilarious. It was definitely a nice change.

For Your Consideration- 5/10 While the premise is interesting and there are some great performances, most of the movie just isn't as funny as it could be. It's more of an insider's comedy skewering the shallowness of hollywood players. It's one of those 'get it' type of movies. Good attempt, so-so execution.
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:26 am

Wonderboys 6/10 I missed a few parts, but got the basic jist of it all...For being about writers the writing is actually pretty bad in some parts, but the pacing is nice and the performances keep it moving along despite being overly sentimental and sappy at times. Might have to rewatch it soon for a better opinion. Tobey Maguire was especially impressive. God, I hope to never say that again.
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:43 am

I watched Baadasssss!, also known as How to Get the Man's Foot Outta Your Ass. I found this in a bargain bin where all the movies were $10 apart from this one at only $1. I had never heard of it before but for only $1 what does it matter if it's crap, it sounded interesting.
Anyway, what a great movie! What a shame that not many people have seen it. An independent movie about the making of an independent movie that literally influenced the movie scene at the time. (Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song). Those interested in the movie business should watch this movie. Especially those interested in how independent movies get made and funded. A passionate movie about a film maker who's prepared to risk everything to fulfil his dream. Check it out if you haven't already.
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:46 am

I'll look for it, Leestu. Sounds interesting.
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:49 am

Last night we watched Lord Of The Flies, the 1990 version. This was the first time I'd seen a filmed version of the classic novel, and it was the first time my wife had seen anything of it (having never read it). I've gotta say I was a little let down. I suppose the book had built it up for me far too much, but I just thought it really didn't grasp the politics, and it just wasn't vicious enough for my liking. It should have been much more that what was eventually filmed. My wife thought it was very good, which is probably explained by the fact she hadn't read the book. Some shocking moments, but they just didn't match my expectations in terms of the horror I have always held in my head over the years.

Over the weekend we watched The Bourne Ultimatum, which was a decent ending for the trilogy, but not up to scratch with the first one, some nice cinematography though. We also watch The Big Sleep, which is one of my favourite noirs and is thoroughly engrossing. Both Bogart and Bacall are fascinating to watch, while Hawks again provides proof as to why he is one of the best directors to grace the screen.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:59 am

IPKI$$ wrote:Or Reservoir Dogs?

I don't think the bank robbery is the most interesting thing in the movie, it's just a MacGuffin that exists only to put the movie in motion. I'm glad they never showed it.
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:03 am

It was a joke...Just saying it was the most important part is all.

And not to nit-pick, but it was a diamond heist. Everyone knows a heist is far more badass than a robbery.
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:29 am

Dammit...I really need to start looking things up before I type.
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:31 am

It's alright...Everybody gets one.
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by becs on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:50 am

silversurfer19 wrote:Last night we watched Lord Of The Flies, the 1990 version. This was the first time I'd seen a filmed version of the classic novel, and it was the first time my wife had seen anything of it (having never read it). I've gotta say I was a little let down. I suppose the book had built it up for me far too much, but I just thought it really didn't grasp the politics, and it just wasn't vicious enough for my liking. It should have been much more that what was eventually filmed. My wife thought it was very good, which is probably explained by the fact she hadn't read the book. Some shocking moments, but they just didn't match my expectations in terms of the horror I have always held in my head over the years.
I haven't seen the 1990 version, but I would say see the 1963 version instead. It was both horrifying and pretty well made for the time. I think of that as one of the very few old movies that keep up with today's films.
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:57 am

I know of the 63 version, but never been able to get a hold of it. Will definitely try to find it though, just for the comparison if anything. I still doubt it would match up to my feelings for the novel, however, but then not many do.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:28 am

I want to make a drinking game out of the movie Fly Me To The Moon. One of the objectives would be "Drink a shot every time someone says Lord Of The Flies". You would probably be shitfaced just from that alone.

Paranormal Activity

Don't see it alone.
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:38 am

I can't imagine that anyone that drinks would dare watch Fly Me To The Moon while conscious. Potheads however, I'm sure they would find plenty appealing...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:42 am

Lions For Lambs- 4/10 Stuffy, preachy, politics padded with some emotional fodder to play on pretty much anyone's veiw of current affairs is ineffective, but there are a few good points made. Then made again. Then made again. Then made again. Tom Cruise and Michael Pena are both very good in their roles however. Other than that, it's really whatever.
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:24 am

I liked Lions for Lambs actually. Thought everything it said about current (or recently past) political situation was pretty much spot on.
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:05 am

I really liked the message. But I feel like it could have been toned down slightly.
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top