The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by W Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:32 am

Junior Mints!
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:33 am

Needs some Kramer.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:37 am

I was searching for a video of the Jimmy Buffett Junior Mint rant before the album version of "Fruitcakes" and all that would come up is the Seinfeld video...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:51 am

Great avatar, W. It's timely too!

Double awesome...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Good Burger 8/10

My television viewing as a child was based around Nickelodon. All That was one of my favorites and Good Burger was a great skit from that show. I never saw the film when it came out 12 years ago but i finally watched and it was great. Kids about 5-7 years younger than me didnt really get nearly as many great shows a s i did growing up its truly a damn shame and i find myself very greatful for having great shit like Good Burger to remind me of my childhood.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:02 pm

Poor J.I. and his force-fed Spongebob bullshit. Give me All That any day! Can't believe you only just now saw Good Burger! I saw it when it was in theaters!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:41 pm

I love Spongebob also but All That is the shit.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Good Burger is the shit. If only for seeing Carmen Electra getting hit in the face with a golf ball.

If you guys have The N channel, they show old episodes of Kenan & Kel everyday. I DVR them, great show.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:47 am

I grew up with All That and loved Kenan & Kel. I actually still remember the very first episode with Da Brat as the musical guest...But honestly, I hated the Good Burger sketches. It was kinda funny the first time around...But they were always pretty much the exact same, and because of that I have still yet to see the movie...The All That sketches that SHOULD'VE gotten made into movies are SuperDude, Baggin' Saggin' Barry, Walter the Ear Boy, and Repair Man man man man man man. "What's with the echo?" "What Echo?" Maybe Detective Dan and Pierre Escargot too. Man, that needs to come out on DVD asap.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:23 am

Too bad nowadays people only remember the terrible revival with Jamie Lynn "D-List Uterus" Spears.

I actually saw Good Burger in theatres also, though it was in a kiddie matinee a year after it came out. I do remember that there was an Action League Now short with KISS before the movie. Too bad this isn't on the DVD.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:43 am

Oh shit, Action League Now was awesome. Also, Life With Libby (I think that's what it was called) was pretty cool.

Who else remembers VR Troopers, the Power Rangers' bastard step-child?

Also, loved Animorphs: The Series. I used to have all the books, even the Andalite spin-offs til my mom gave them away.

Damn, you guys have got me in a childhood mood right now. I'm gonna hit Youtube up for Action League Now clips.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:53 am

Buscemi, that KISS short is on Youtube.

This is hilariously inappropriate...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:18 am

I STILL have all the Animorphs books, every one ever made, every spin-off, the choose your own adventure ones, even the "meet the stars of the tv series" one. I never liked the tv series, but I was a HUGE fan of the books. I kinda lost interest in reading books after I left that series.

Kablaam was awesome, and yes, All That needs a DVD set NOW

Last edited by geezer9687 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:18 am

I had a VR Troopers book on tape when I was five. Oddly enough, the show never aired here.

And I found Animorphs boring as a show. The concept is great as a book but it just didn't work as a show.

Also, I remember back when Lindsay Lohan wasn't a whore and actually made good movies (like The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:35 pm

Best All That sketches were Good Burger,Repair Man Man Man Man Man,Pierre Escargot and Randy Quench Volunteer Fireman. Keenan and Kel were also the shit. Damn I miss the 90's
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:51 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Oh shit, Action League Now was awesome. Also, Life With Libby (I think that's what it was called) was pretty cool.

Also, loved Animorphs: The Series. I used to have all the books, even the Andalite spin-offs til my mom gave them away.

Damn, you guys have got me in a childhood mood right now. I'm gonna hit Youtube up for Action League Now clips.

I have no idea what any of those shows are Banks. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:02 pm

Action League Now and Life with Libby were on KABLAM!!!!! That's all I know... You might actually like Action League Now, kind of reminds me of Robot Chicken as the characters are old action figures. One of them is a naked He-Man figure.

I just got the entire series of Dexter's Lab. That's one of the things I was watching then...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:42 pm

Now I watched the hell out of Dexter's Labratory and Johnny Bravo. LOL

"Wanna watch me comb my hair real fast?!"

It is much better hearing me do the voice. Smile
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:44 pm

And as my one Slate name suggests, I loved Eek! the Cat. I miss him dearly. Or is that "I mish him dearly"?
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 22 Empty Below

Post by NSpan Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:30 am

watched Below (someone here mentioned it, so it went on my netflix queue).. not bad overall.. if sam neill were in it, it'd probably become a cult favorite of mine.. most of the acting was decent enough (funny that they managed to make a movie with a cast comprised ENTIRELY of That Guys--oh and one That Girl.. i think the only actor's name who I actually knew was Zack Galifinakis, and what the hell was he doing in that movie??).. but the direction was amateurish and distracting.. the story was a bit underwhelming, as they give you more than enough information to figure out the rest of it about 15 minutes in.. not that i need "the twist," just a more compelling plot, please.. i guess the ambiguity of the "ghosts" kept it mildly interesting, and there were one or two good scares (though they were "Gotcha!" scares--and nothing actually all that creepy).. in fact, we watched Haunting in Connecticut afterward--which was terrible--but it had much more "scary" imagery and came off more effective as a horror film.. granted, Below isn't necessarily even a horror film at all.. but, whatever it is, it wasn't enough to make me want more

too bad the movie wasn't worse--because then it could've been a one-line review: "Below BELOOOOOWED"
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:27 am

Donte77 wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Oh shit, Action League Now was awesome. Also, Life With Libby (I think that's what it was called) was pretty cool.

I have no idea what any of those shows are Banks. LOL

Well, I would guess that those of us at an advanced age, such as yourself, would not recognize these timeless classic.

I assume you watched The Brady Bunch or some shit?

Razz
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:36 am

NSpan wrote:watched Below (someone here mentioned it, so it went on my netflix queue).. not bad overall.. if sam neill were in it, it'd probably become a cult favorite of mine.. most of the acting was decent enough (funny that they managed to make a movie with a cast comprised ENTIRELY of That Guys--oh and one That Girl.. i think the only actor's name who I actually knew was Zack Galifinakis, and what the hell was he doing in that movie??).. but the direction was amateurish and distracting.. the story was a bit underwhelming, as they give you more than enough information to figure out the rest of it about 15 minutes in.. not that i need "the twist," just a more compelling plot, please.. i guess the ambiguity of the "ghosts" kept it mildly interesting, and there were one or two good scares (though they were "Gotcha!" scares--and nothing actually all that creepy).. in fact, we watched Haunting in Connecticut afterward--which was terrible--but it had much more "scary" imagery and came off more effective as a horror film.. granted, Below isn't necessarily even a horror film at all.. but, whatever it is, it wasn't enough to make me want more

too bad the movie wasn't worse--because then it could've been a one-line review: "Below BELOOOOOWED"

Darren Aronofsky was supposed to direct Below but dropped out to get The Fountain made (which finally happened four years later).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:07 pm

Buscemi wrote:Darren Aronofsky was supposed to direct Below but dropped out to get The Fountain made (which finally happened four years later).
Right-o. I actually read he dropped out to do Requiem instead--but you might be correct. The Aronofsky-connection is actually what garnered my interest after first hearing about it. I'm NOT a fan, but I loved The Wrestler.....so I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Glad he didn't direct Below. Like Nspan I felt it was a very slight and insignificant flick, comletely unmemorable.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Just watched Duplicity. I'm gonna give it a 6.5/10. I though Clive Owen was excellent, as were PG and TW, but the rest of the cast was very weak IMO, especially Julia Roberts.

I am amazed at how many times she gets away with just playing herself. Mind you, i really like her and she can turn it on alot of the time, but this was not one of them.

My main problem with it though was the directing. The whole split screen 'cool' feel they were trying to get just turned out annoying in the end more than anything.

Still, i liked the story, i liked the humour, and i actually liked the ending.

Not bad, could have been better.
--

Also, i just finished the final episode of the now canceled show Reaper. I'm gonna miss that show, although i'm glad it ended now instead of going on the route it was planning on going if a season 3 did eventuate.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next