The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

+14
packpaljs
IPKI$$
transformers2
Donte77
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
A_Roode
becs
JackO
mfrendo
leestu
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
NSpan
18 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

THE LAST FANTAVERSE MOVIE CLUB POLL -- vote!!!!!!

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 3 I_vote_lcap100%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 3 Empty Re: Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

Post by Buscemi Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 am

I nominate The Big Red One.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 3 Empty Re: Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

Post by packpaljs Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:37 am

12 Angry Men is one of my all time fav's I second that one, as well as ON the Waterfront and I loved The Lives of Others so I second all 3 of those
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:49 am

I second Night On Earth and Downfall, and I will also second Casablanca as coincidentally I added it to my quickflix queue yesterday because I have never seen it either. I should have said Casablanca when discussing our 'films ashamed to have not seen' discussion.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:56 am

Has anyone here seen Downfall? I could not get into it, I tried and tried but kept falling alseep. I mean yes it's foreign but I can hang with alot of foreign films, I'm just not sure if it's greatness carried over to America. Anyone else have any opinions on Downfall.

Of course if it's chosen I will try my best to rewatch it
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:12 pm

I'm gonna break NSpan's heart here, but I could not get into 8 1/2. We rented it out and we managed to get about an hour into it, but it was such a struggle. I just didn't care for any of the characters and just lost any desire to watch it. I'll probably get it out again in the future, but maybe I should have lowered my expectations. So anyway, I suppose if it comes up again on here and gets nominated, I'll try and watch it, but until then, its not a priority.

I haven't seen Downfall yet, and probably need an incentive to watch it. It is supposed to be very good and I would certainly be behind it's nomination. I also second Au Revoir Les Enfants and Before Sunrise. I've seen the latter before and it is such a brilliant piece of character cinema I would be more than happy to watch it again.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:26 pm

packpaljs wrote:Has anyone here seen Downfall? I could not get into it, I tried and tried but kept falling alseep. I mean yes it's foreign but I can hang with alot of foreign films, I'm just not sure if it's greatness carried over to America. Anyone else have any opinions on Downfall.

Of course if it's chosen I will try my best to rewatch it

Downfall is my favorite foreign film of all time. No joke, it comes in first, marginally ahead of City of God.

I could not stop watching that film, the acting, the intensity, the script, it was all perfect IMO.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Wow, that's quite a statement Barca. Considering the talent that is out there, that really is high acclaim. I hope my experience matches yours.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:38 pm

silversurfer19 wrote:Wow, that's quite a statement Barca. Considering the talent that is out there, that really is high acclaim. I hope my experience matches yours.

Yep. Was on my top 25 foreign movies list that i did on FM.

The funny thing is that i had never really gotten around to watching until one day i rented it just so i could complete a rent 6 movies for $10 deal. Ended up loving it, and the next day i went out and got myself a copy of the DVD.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:52 pm

silversurfer19 wrote:I'm gonna break NSpan's heart here, but I could not get into 8 1/2. We rented it out and we managed to get about an hour into it, but it was such a struggle. I just didn't care for any of the characters and just lost any desire to watch it. I'll probably get it out again in the future, but maybe I should have lowered my expectations. So anyway, I suppose if it comes up again on here and gets nominated, I'll try and watch it, but until then, its not a priority.
Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 3 Khan
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:12 pm

BarcaRulz wrote:
Downfall is my favorite foreign film of all time. No joke, it comes in first, marginally ahead of City of God.

I could not stop watching that film, the acting, the intensity, the script, it was all perfect IMO.

I would agree completely other than my beloved Amelie and Life is Beautiful. Downfall is one of the best films I have ever seen, foreign or domestic. I was absolutely enthralled by the movie.

On a side note I didn't really enjoy City of God. It was good but it wasn't earth shattering like I was led to believe.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Downfall was good i saw that last year in my history class. It dragged it a little bit and dont seem to enjoy as much as most but it was good.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:33 am

okay, new poll is up.. i've gotten some feedback about keeping the club balanced between moldy old "classic" movies and more recent fare.. so, to keep everyone happy, this next poll contains only movies from 1970 and later.. the two movies with the most votes will go on the calendar..

between the one-two punch of Lawrence of Arabia and The Third Man, i think it won't hurt to ensure a dose of newer material.. after that, we still have these on the back-burner for the next round of voting:

A Man for All Seasons (1966)
12 Angry Men (1957)
The Seventh Seal (1957)
Night of the Hunter (1955)
On the Waterfront (1954)
Casablanca (1942)
Metropolis (1927)

let's keep this thing alive.. tell your family and friends about it.. even if they're not interested in our Fantasy Box Office game (yet), they might find this intriguing.... and, once they're accustomed to the board and our little community, maybe we can suck them into the game itself..

pretty nefarious, eh?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:26 am

I agree going newer on this next pick and I like all the hold overs.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:31 pm

second Casablanca

Some newer films that I would like to nominate are A Very Long Engagement and Whale Rider

Meanwhile, I voted for Aguirre: Wrath of God
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:39 am

i am going to re-nominate Hustle and Flow and Plan 9 From Outer Space.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:32 am

transformers2 wrote:i am going to re-nominate 'Plan 9 From Outer Space.'

I thought we were friends. Have you ever seen it? Do you know what you're asking us to do? If you haven't seen it, I can't let you do this to yourself. I think we need to consider an intervention. We should only be watching it if it's a companion piece to Ed Wood. Even then... *shudder*
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:05 am

Seeing Plan 9 once in a lifetime was good enough for me.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:35 am

I love Plan 9 for all its ineptness, not despite it. The wonky props, awful special effects and horrific acting talent make it a must see for me. I'll certainly watch it again, and certainly as a double feature with Ed Wood.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:44 am

i actually like Plan 9 a lot.. but, yeah, (as has been said) i don't think we could do it as anything but a double-feature with Ed Wood
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:52 am

I voted for Au Revoir Les Enfants (1987). It's another on my long long list of must see classics.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:54 am

I choose Pale Rider, one of the few Eastwood movies I haven't seen
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:56 am

JackO wrote:I voted for Au Revoir Les Enfants (1987). It's another on my long long list of must see classics.

Ditto!
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:22 pm

A_Roode wrote:
transformers2 wrote:i am going to re-nominate 'Plan 9 From Outer Space.'

I thought we were friends. Have you ever seen it? Do you know what you're asking us to do? If you haven't seen it, I can't let you do this to yourself. I think we need to consider an intervention. We should only be watching it if it's a companion piece to Ed Wood. Even then... *shudder*

We are friends and yes i have seen it but that movie is so bad and so hillarious that its worth watching.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Wow the funny thing about this is that we mention Pale Rider, Au Revoir, and Plan 9 all on one page. Smile I have seen all of them. I loved the first two...
Actually I have seen most of Ed Wood's catalogue and Plan 9 is one of the "better" ones he made. If you want to see bad watch Orgy of the Dead! It is the most unwatchable movie ever made with constant nudity.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Fri May 08, 2009 6:29 am

Aguirre: The Wrath of God and Au Revoir Les Enfants took it..

new poll is up.. movies with 2 votes or more stayed in the running.. previously seconded movies from the back burner have returned (along with a new addition)..

most of the polls so far have been split--with almost every movie getting at least one or two votes, and winning movies only getting a few more than that.. so, this time around, i'll be doing runoffs (assuming it's appropriate) until a single clear winner is revealed.. we got PLENTY of time, considering the calendar as it stands now..

ps. despite the somewhat underwhelming response to Alice (probably due to it being a somewhat underwhelming movie), Movie Club is off to a great start.. and, by the looks of things, we have a solid summer season to look forward to

Last edited by NSpan on Fri May 08, 2009 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next