The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

+14
packpaljs
IPKI$$
transformers2
Donte77
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
A_Roode
becs
JackO
mfrendo
leestu
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
NSpan
18 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

THE LAST FANTAVERSE MOVIE CLUB POLL -- vote!!!!!!

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 5 I_vote_lcap100%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 5 Empty Re: Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

Post by packpaljs Fri May 15, 2009 4:56 am

I was thinking being that the next movie falls on Aug 31st, we should find a movie that would be suitable for our club that opened on Aug 31st. But I'm weird like that. Very Happy
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Movie Club Poll:  What Should We Watch Next?   ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER*** - Page 5 Empty Re: Movie Club Poll: What Should We Watch Next? ***LAST FANTAVERSE POLL EVER***

Post by NSpan Fri May 15, 2009 5:03 am

like CHUD? or Swingers, Nine Queens, The Constant Gardener, Le Petite Lieutenant, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Crank, Hollywoodland, The Wicker Man (2006), Sukiyaki Western Django, Redacted, Michael Clayton, Halloween (2007), Diamond Dogs, City of Men, Sister Street Fighter, The Duellists, or Midnight Express?

Last edited by NSpan on Fri May 15, 2009 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri May 15, 2009 5:09 am

Or Bolero? Or even Jeepers Creepers? Just kidding.

Meanwhile Freaks, Blood Simple and One False Move all got seconded earlier.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Fri May 15, 2009 5:09 am

Ha! I saw that one today also. I've actually never seen it, so I'd be game. Would it lower the value of the movie club?
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Fri May 15, 2009 5:19 am

NSpan wrote:like CHUD?

or Swingers, Nine Queens, The Constant Gardener, Le Petite Lieutenant, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Crank, Hollywoodland, The Wicker Man (2006), Sukiyaki Western Django, Redacted, Michael Clayton, Halloween (2007), Diamond Dogs, City of Men, Sister Street Fighter, The Duellists, or Midnight Express?

packpaljs wrote:Would it lower the value of the movie club?
yes.... but, on the other hand, we'll all be better people for having seen CHUD

Buscemi wrote:Meanwhile Freaks, Blood Simple and One False Move all got seconded earlier.
oops! in that case, those are on the list
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Fri May 15, 2009 5:25 am

I'm game for anything, we'll let the polls decide our fate.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat May 16, 2009 3:27 am

i suppose i could start running polls for the (optional) "double feature" movies.. so far, i've just been making executive decisions for those, and taking advice for the "more suggestions" section.. not sure if anybody even pays attention to either, so maybe running polls regarding the picks would be unnecessary, superfluous, and confusing.. maybe its something to consider if/when Movie Club grows a bit and gets some more members

whatdya think?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sat May 16, 2009 3:40 am

Yeah, that would be nice but I think more warning ahead of time so we can get our watches synchronized and get those other films.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Sat May 16, 2009 11:15 pm

I'm not sure if they've been nominated, but perhaps we should include some open-ended films, so we can see the different interpretations/criticisms. For example...
Mulholland Drive
Eraserhead
8 1/2
Primer
Persona

etc
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sun May 17, 2009 7:10 am

I've never seen Muholland Dr., Eraserhead, 8 1/2, Primer, or Persona, so I'd be game for those sometime.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat May 23, 2009 1:49 am

Newest suggestion:

William Friedkin's Sorcerer
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat May 23, 2009 2:54 am

ugh i hate Mullholland Drive.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri May 29, 2009 8:10 am

We're going to need a runoff here.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 am

The Seventh Seal is one I've been trying to get to watch for a while... How about that one?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:49 am

8/4 Update:

Movies receiving 0 votes: (speak up if you want any of these reinstated)
Downfall (2004)
Primer (2004)
Blood Simple (1984)

Movies in the running for the next poll:
The Pianist (2002)
One False Move (1992)
Sorcerer (1977)
A Man for All Seasons (1966)
Eyes Without a Face (1960)
The Seventh Seal (1957)
Night of the Hunter (1955)

just to throw a couple of ideas out there: Three O'Clock High (1987), Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai... (1984), Thursday (1998), Basket Case (1982), The Stoned Age (1994), The Devil and Daniel Johnston (2005), Be Here to Love Me (2004), Stranger than Paradise (1984), or Night on Earth (1991)

Last edited by NSpan on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:15 am; edited 3 times in total
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:53 am

I'd love to see 'A Man For All Seasons' back on the list!
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:04 am

you got it
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:05 am

I suggest Breaking The Waves and Eyes Without A Face.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:13 am

'Eyes Without a Face' has an excellent release by Criterion (no suprise there, right?) and if we end up choosing the film, a companion for it must be 'Blood of the Beasts' which is on the same disc. If it leaves you unchanged then, just, wow... Franju's subversive documentary of life in post war France and how people make a living. Especially those who work in the slaughterhouse.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:15 am

added

also, three more ideas: Wings of Desire (1988), Raise the Red Lantern (1992), In the Mood For Love (2001)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14 am

I just want one of the movies I vote for to actually win one of these polls and be a movie club feature. It hasn't happened yet. I like your last 3 suggestions NSpan and Basket Case (which coincidentally I just discovered a couple of days ago that my wife had never seen it and I told her she must) and Night On Earth. Also Buscemi's suggestion of Breaking The Waves is a good one. I've seen it, but I would be interested to read others' views.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:31 am

new poll up.. ran out of room for Wings of Desire (1988), Raise the Red Lantern (1992), and/or In the Mood For Love (2001).. but i'll try and keep 'em on the backburner for later polls
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:27 pm

NSpan, it would make more sense to include Dazed and Confused over The Stoned Age. The Stoned Age is nothing more than Dazed and Confused's stepson (from the plot all the way to the misleading ad campaign).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:21 am

Following 'This Is England' the other day, I think Shane Meadows should be brought into discussion. I propose nominating Dead Man's Shoes, one of the most underrated movies of the last decade. Also I think it's time we had a little Clouzot in the mix too, so how about Le Corbeau, The Wages Of Fear or Quai Des Orfevres?
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Second Dead Man's Shoes
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next