The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pixar's Up To Open Cannes Film Festival

+5
mfrendo
geezer9687
BanksIsDaFuture
undeadmonkey
Buscemi
9 posters

Go down

Pixar's Up To Open Cannes Film Festival Empty Pixar's Up To Open Cannes Film Festival

Post by Buscemi Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:43 am

Possibly inspired by the acclaim of Wall-E and last year's successful showing of DreamWorks' Kung Fu Panda it has been announced that for the first time, an animated film will be the opening night film at Cannes. Up will make its premiere in Digital 3-D on Wednesday, May 13th before making its worldwide debut on May 29th.

I hoping that now that this will be one of the year's best films. Not Wall-E great but still award-worthy great.

Meanwhile, a press release on the announcement:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53820
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Pixar's Up To Open Cannes Film Festival Empty Re: Pixar's Up To Open Cannes Film Festival

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:44 am

That's cool... my anticipation is slowly going up... ha ha
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Pixar's Up To Open Cannes Film Festival Empty Re: Pixar's Up To Open Cannes Film Festival

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:26 am

I can't wait to see this, I hope it'll live up to this honor. Unlike Blindness, last year.

I already know this is going to be Pixar's best movie to date, right up there with Toy Story, Finding Nemo & Ratatouille.

(Not the shitty Wall-E)
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:14 am

Well Banks, I hope you are right. we can only hope it is more Ratatouille and Toy story than it is Wall-E.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:21 am

That sucks. Film festivals, such as Cannes, should be showings for independent movies to get press and/or distribution...not for a multi-million dollar conglomerate to use as ad revenue.

And the people cheer as Rome burns...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:24 am

This is like when Indiana Jones opened at Cannes . . . Even though my expectations are a lot higher for Up, ya can't just buy quality.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:26 am

I really don't think Up sounds good at all i wasnt impressed by the trailer and i think the concept is stupid. Pixar is very good with the exception of Wall-E and A Bug's Life so i still have some hope for it but i dont really want to see it at the current moment in time.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:31 am

Damn. Where did the backlash for Wall-E come from? Certainly my second favourite movie of last year and in the top 3 Pixar movies to date. Up doesn't look like it can hold a candle to Wall-E, and even to an extent looks like a Dreamworks movie. Last time I said that we ended up with Cars.....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:37 am

I think it's because of me, Surf.

I saw the new 3-D trailer today with Monsters vs. Aliens. I still like the part with the GPS the best.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:01 am

Yeah, I don't understand the hate for Wall-E either...It's a fantastic film and totally made me forget about Pixar's shitty mouse movie. Personally, I don't think Up looks that great...I wasn't too impressed with the trailer, but I actually laughed out loud at the GPS part. It's little stuff like that that makes me like Pixar, but I'm starting to think eventually they're going to lose that charm...You can't have a $200mil+ movie every single time out, but 7 in a row is not too shabby.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:01 pm

IPKI$$ wrote:Yeah, I don't understand the hate for Wall-E either...It's a fantastic film and totally made me forget about Pixar's shitty mouse movie. Personally, I don't think Up looks that great...I wasn't too impressed with the trailer, but I actually laughed out loud at the GPS part. It's little stuff like that that makes me like Pixar, but I'm starting to think eventually they're going to lose that charm...You can't have a $200mil+ movie every single time out, but 7 in a row is not too shabby.

I wish I could find Nico's essay on why Ratatouille was the best movie of 2007. Extremely convincing.

But Wall-E was good for the first half hour then just turned to dreck. I still can't believe such an average movie was so highly regarded, it just shows that people of all ages are susceptible to cute robots in outer space.

Up's trailers look pretty tame, but if you read the reviews from people who've seen the first 45 minutes, they all are saying that this could be Pixar's best movie ever.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:05 pm

I couldn't even sit through all of Ratatouille, good thing it was a DVD I could just stop whenever I wanted. I personally much preferred dreamworks Bee Movie. I know. I know.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down