The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy Awards Extravaganza Thread, Or How To Promote The Bejezzus Out Of A Movie Which Would Usually Flop

+12
undeadmonkey
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
J-Man
SuperShaan
geezer9687
IPKI$$
becs
Buscemi
JackO
silversurfer19
16 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Academy Awards Extravaganza Thread, Or How To Promote The Bejezzus Out Of A Movie Which Would Usually Flop - Page 4 Empty Re: The Academy Awards Extravaganza Thread, Or How To Promote The Bejezzus Out Of A Movie Which Would Usually Flop

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:08 am

There's an upset! What the hell is Departures?
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

The Academy Awards Extravaganza Thread, Or How To Promote The Bejezzus Out Of A Movie Which Would Usually Flop - Page 4 Empty Re: The Academy Awards Extravaganza Thread, Or How To Promote The Bejezzus Out Of A Movie Which Would Usually Flop

Post by JackO Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:09 am

Got me. It's not on Mojo and there is no date on HSX, though it is in the "wrap" stage.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:12 am

Queen Latifah sings a tribute to those we have lost in '08.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:16 am

I'm not surprised in the least by Departures. I've been hearing a lot of buzz for it for a few days now. I would have bet on it if I had any money.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:19 am

And here we go . . .Best Director . . .
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:21 am

It is written. . . . Danny Boyle WINS!
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:21 am

I am so glad Sid decided not to give a speech, although at first I thought it was a joke.

Best Director is Duh.

Okay, so this is another overrated film sweeping the academy awards year.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:22 am

Well, at least there are two categories coming up that Slumdog Millionaire can't win.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 am

So is anyone really surprised that Slumdog is winning everything? I mean Really surprised. I just turned it on and went through this thread and everything has gone almost exactly as I had expected. Except for foreign language, which, how should I be able to pick that category anyway. It was always Slumdog's year. The Academy didn't have the balls to nominate TDK, why should they have the balls to disagree with every other award show.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:26 am

I'm not surprised.

However, I am surprised by how Wall-E is getting royally screwed. Sure it won one award, but it should have also won for Best Original Screenplay, Best Sound Editing and Best Song.

But I guess you can't win 'em all.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:26 am

lol! Nikke Finke said Cottliard wasn't going to be there! Whoops!

As I already told you, the Oscars producers this year dissed last year's actor winners by deciding that France's Marion Cotillard (Best Actress for La Vie En Rose) and Spain's Javier Bardem (Best Supporting Actor for No Country For Old Men), Scotland's Tilda Swinton (Best Supporting Actress for Michael Clayton) and even England's Daniel Day-Lewis (Best Actor for There Will Be Blood) weren't big enough names to carry on the time-honored tradition of announcing this year's winners by themselves.

Bardem is actually filming a movie and Swinton was there and Cottliard.

Last edited by JackO on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:27 am

Because it's just not Best Picture material as far as I'm concerned...it's a good, not great film. But, I guess it was a pretty weak year as far as quality goes.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:31 am

I said that when the nominees first came out IPKI$$. Surfer basically skewered me for that opinion.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:32 am

I've got some sour grapes in my refrigerator if you want some . . .

KATE WINSLET WINS
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:33 am

Well, someone is winless no more (that was Winslet's sixth nomination).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:34 am

FINALLY!!!

Talk about a sympathy award.

I love Kate Winslet, she really is one of THE best actresses working today.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:38 am

Got to say I'm liking this bringing back five past winners to personally introduce the acting nominees. Really helps the pacing of the show I think.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:43 am

Sean Penn WINS! I'm not so much surprised more so disappointed.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:43 am

Holy shit! Sean Penn wins Best Actor! Holy shit!
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:44 am

Shocked Evil or Very Mad
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:45 am

I thought the comeback story was in the bag but I guess they went for what they saw on screen or something. Lost a lot of money on this win.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:46 am

As much as I would have liked to see Mickey Rourke get his due, I agree that Sean Penn gave just as deserving a performance. And he finally didn't play a fucking depressed psychopath.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:46 am

If you go back and look on our awards ceremony thread, I called this. I just had such a bad feeling they were going to fuck Mickey over. They had to give us a surprise. Why not be the one that pisses me off the most. I'm shutting this mockery off.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:47 am

Mickey Rourke's past catches up with him, robbed I say!
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:48 am

I wonder how that will effect his Iron Man 2 negotiations . . .
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next