The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back'

+8
silversurfer19
becs
BanksIsDaFuture
Buscemi
undeadmonkey
johnErle
geezer9687
JackO
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back' - Page 2 Empty Re: Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back'

Post by NSpan Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:33 am

silversurfer19 wrote:What he did was unprofessional
oh, wah.. i've rarely heard anyone speak to anyone in a tone as condescending and wrathful as this.. i'm surprised you would help mitigate such a remorseless act of douchebaggery by citing "unprofessional" behavior on the part of the cinematographer.. i realize that our culture goes way overboard in pampering movie stars, so we really shouldn't be surprised when they act like selfish babies.. but let's not pretend that it's excusable behavior.. the fact is, Christian Bale is an asshole--albeit a talented one... he'll most likely go on to give us many more great performances in many more great movies--whining and screaming like every other prima donna along the way..

just think: in ANY other line of work, Bale's outburst would've resulted in being fired.. and, depending on the particular line of work, probably either arrested or received an overdue beating

anyhow, this is all the celebrity gossip i can handle for the day..

Last edited by NSpan on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back' - Page 2 Empty Re: Christian Bale 'Won't Be Back'

Post by JackO Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:34 am

silversurfer19 wrote:When I first heard this, I kind of understood where Bale was coming from. I mean, he's in the middle of an intense scene, you gotta get yourself into the scene, and then some ass comes and walks right in the middle of the set and puts you totally off. I mean, come on, if he's supposed to be a professional, you know not to do that. And Bale mentioned that it hadn't been the first time. I can totally understand how mad that could make you.

However, it did go on for a terribly long time, and I think Bale did get the idea that it was the perfect way to ensure he never worked with the studio again. He even mentioned at some point that he would "never work with me again". So obviously he had devised a little plan. That was a bit off.

And JackO, I guess the DP was not well known enough to stand up for himself. This is his list of credits....:

Swing Vote
Semi-Pro
The Reckoning
We Are Marshall
Waist Deep
Something New
The Greatest Game Ever Played
Into the Blue
Mr 3000
11:14
Drumline
Crazy/Beautiful
The Skulls
The Rat Pack
The Robber

Hardly the list of films you'd expect from a Terminator DP.

Another question though, is that sombody is obviously trying to make Bale look bad, someone who is working on the set. That cannot be good for moral.

Intense scene? In Terminator 4? Laughing C'mon now! Bale has a history of verbal assault this is just one more piece of wood for the fire. And y'know there is no reason for this rant. it's unprofessional and egotistical. Why are there "takes?" I mean there are two different rants this could compare two, one of which is Bill O'Reilly when he goes off when the director, i believe, adds some new segment that he is not ready for, and the other one was on the set of a David O Russell film, where Russell was just being an out and out asshole. The more I read about it, the more I feel it is like the Russell episode where someone decides to act unprofessional because they didn't get thier way. Sorry if I sound rude, but I have very little sympathy for someone making multi-millions on the set of an action movie and who has a history of mental instability. And if you've got a problem with the DP, then take it up with McG. It's his show. And he did not perform very well during that segment.

BillO

I Heart Huckabees
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:46 am

Had those outtakes been in I Heart Huckabee's, not only would you have had a good movie but Lily Tomlin probably would have won an Academy Award.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:57 am

NSpan wrote:
silversurfer19 wrote:What he did was unprofessional
oh, wah.. i've rarely heard anyone speak to anyone in a tone as condescending and wrathful as this.. i'm surprised you would help mitigate such a remorseless act of douchebaggery by citing "unprofessional" behavior on the part of the cinematographer.. i realize that our culture goes way overboard in pampering movie stars, so we really shouldn't be surprised when they act like selfish babies.. but let's not pretend that it's excusable behavior.. the fact is, Christian Bale is an asshole--albeit a talented one... he'll most likely go on to give us many more great performances in many more great movies--whining and screaming like every other prima donna along the way..

just think: in ANY other line of work, Bale's outburst would've resulted in being fired.. and, depending on the particular line of work, probably either arrested or received an overdue beating

anyhow, this is all the celebrity gossip i can handle for the day..

I agree, Bale's outburst was totally unprofessional, and uncalled for. But HE is an A list movie star who can pretty much command whatever he wants from a studio. I don't condone Bale's actions, I understand his frustration, but not his actions, and he did act like a dick. However, the DP is not in a position to get away with his unprofessionalism and it may have cost him his future with the studio, especially if Bale has anything to do with it.

And on your final comments, I kinda disagree. We have people in our office who can pretty much get away with being assholes every day because of their position within the company. Some of the comments I hear are downright rude, wrong and sometimes very, very offensive. Yet those in power can get away with such behaviour.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:04 am

I don't think that Bale is an A-list actor. Other than Batman, he hasn't really had any major hits. Same thing with why Daniel Craig isn't considered A-list despite playing James Blonde, err, Bond.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:12 am

However, he IS Batman. This incident took place on a Warner Brothers movie. If WB wants to keep Bale for another Batman movie, then I believe they will do whatever he asks. It's like someone who posted earlier regarding Bruce Willis and Die Hard, sometimes a star can hold all the cards and force the studio's hand. With the success of TDK, I think Bale is one of them.

And anyway, I would think the star of a Terminator movie, Michael Mann picture and Batman picture can be called A list.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:19 am

Keep in mind that the Terminator film and the Michael Mann film haven't opened yet. Also, Michael Mann's had some flops in his time (Manhunter, The Insider, Ali).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:23 am

silversurfer19 wrote:We have people in our office who can pretty much get away with being assholes every day because of their position within the company. Some of the comments I hear are downright rude, wrong and sometimes very, very offensive. Yet those in power can get away with such behaviour.
that's because New Zealand is a third-world country
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:26 am

NSpan wrote:
silversurfer19 wrote:We have people in our office who can pretty much get away with being assholes every day because of their position within the company. Some of the comments I hear are downright rude, wrong and sometimes very, very offensive. Yet those in power can get away with such behaviour.

That is true. I'm still using a hammer and chisel to type on here....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:31 am

silversurfer19 wrote:
NSpan wrote:

That is true. I'm still using a hammer and chisel to type on here....
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:13 am

Saw this on Big Hollywood. Thought it was hilarious.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:32 am

^^^^^LMAO!!!
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:00 am

This shit is hilarious!!
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 am

That was actually quite good. I've also noticed that Bale seems to have started a trend of slagging people off. First Hilary Duff attacks Faye Dunaway for not acknowledging her as an actress, and then Stephen King launches in Katherine Meyer for her awful writing abilities. I wonder who will be next to jump on the bandwagon....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 am

Katherine Meyer? You mean Stephenie Meyer.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:17 pm

silversurfer19 wrote:That was actually quite good. I've also noticed that Bale seems to have started a trend of slagging people off. First Hilary Duff attacks Faye Dunaway for not acknowledging her as an actress, and then Stephen King launches in Katherine Meyer for her awful writing abilities. I wonder who will be next to jump on the bandwagon....

Seriously? Faye Dunaway didn't get down on her knees to bow and be prostrate before the awesome and talented Hilary Duff? Rolling Eyes The privilege of youth to demand what you haven't earned I suppose.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:07 am

A_Roode wrote:
silversurfer19 wrote:That was actually quite good. I've also noticed that Bale seems to have started a trend of slagging people off. First Hilary Duff attacks Faye Dunaway for not acknowledging her as an actress, and then Stephen King launches in Katherine Meyer for her awful writing abilities. I wonder who will be next to jump on the bandwagon....

Seriously? Faye Dunaway didn't get down on her knees to bow and be prostrate before the awesome and talented Hilary Duff? Rolling Eyes The privilege of youth to demand what you haven't earned I suppose.

Yes, Duff then proceeded to suggest that most of her fans would have no idea who on earth Faye Dunaway is. Jeez, some people just don't know where to draw the line in dignity do they. You do not berate an actress as talented as Faye Dunaway, especially when you're most famous for a children's show....

And Boussh, yes, I did mean Stephanie, I knew she had a stupid kinda long name, just couldn't remember it. Probably shows how much I care about those Twilight books....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:10 am

Yeah, Mormons are weird about people's names. Always changing the damn spellings.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:05 am

Bale apologizes c/o Slashfilm

“The thing I really want to stress is that I have NO confusion what-so-ever. I was out of order beyond belief. I acted like a punk. I regret that and there is nobody that has heard that tape that is hit harder by it than me. I make no excuses for it, it is inexcusable.”

“In [T2] you will meet Sarah Connor. And she is in an insane asylum—why is she there? Because she is crazy. Now I play John Connor her son, and on the day that all of this happened, the scene that we were doing, I was trying to show a little of that in-the-blood craziness, and it went a little wrong… I took it way too far, and I completely mixed up fact and fiction. I’m half John Connor, I’m half Christian there.”

“I’ve not only talked with [DP Shane Hurlbut], we’ve resolved this completely. That very day we kept working for a number of hours. Listen when I’m saying I’m not coming back on that set if he’s still hired, it’s hot air. I don’t believe that. I have no intention of getting anybody fired.”

“And another thing: a lot of people that I was a bully to this guy. That’s an insult to Shane. He is a big guy. I couldn’t have bullied that guy if I tried. He’s much bigger than me—he’s an ex-friggin football player.”

I tip my cap to him. Great job manning up like that.

Full Audio of Apology: http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/audio/020609_bale-mp4.mp4
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:32 am

I was wondering how long it would take before he said something.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:44 am

man, does anyone else despise FM radio "comedy" DJs like i do? is there some sort of Loud-and-Annoying minimum required to get this job? i realize it's shtick, but come on.... if somebody showed up to just about ANY social gathering and acted this way (shouting, laughing uncontrollably at their own jokes, being blatantly rude and insulting, interrupting everybody, knowing NOTHING about music, etc.), they'd probably get punched in the face... and deservedly so
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:48 am

I think Faye Dunaway was at fault for that whole thing with Duff. She probably shouldn't insult people she doesn't know in public, no matter how true it might be.

Duff is a young girl, of course she's going to lash out. Old people just don't get respect, they have to earn it like everyone else.

Plus I already hate old people.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:52 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Plus I already hate old people.
shh! there are some of them around here.. you have to whisper stuff like that so they can't hear
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2