The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streak for the Fantaverse! (Week 4 Game on Page 5, Week 3 Standings Page 1!)

+16
undeadmonkey
Mannix2121
BarcaRulz
SuperShaan
A_Roode
Donte77
TheJman
Alyson
leestu
Keyser Soze
JackO
mfrendo
transformers2
Buscemi
geezer9687
W
20 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Streak for the Fantaverse! (Week 4 Game on Page 5, Week 3 Standings Page 1!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Streak for the Fantaverse! (Week 4 Game on Page 5, Week 3 Standings Page 1!)

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:40 pm

W wrote:Check first post for rules which will be updated in a minute.

You can pick up to 2.

1. Higher BO this weekend: Cadillac Records or Nobel Son?
2. More PTA this weekend: Frost/Nixon or the higher of Slumdog/Milk?
3. Extreme Movie: over/under 4.9 IMDB as of Monday? (4.9 would be considered a push will lock if IMDB prematurely puts up its score.)
4. Will Punisher: War Zone get any Top 5 points this weekend?
5. More Top 5 points this weekend: Twilight + Bolt or 4 Christmases + Quantum? (This would change if Twilight takes this weekend).
6. According to Boxoffice Mojo, which will rent out more DVDs this week, Prince Caspian or Step Brothers + X-Files 2 + Longshots?

3. Under
5. Twilight and Bolt
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Streak for the Fantaverse! (Week 4 Game on Page 5, Week 3 Standings Page 1!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Streak for the Fantaverse! (Week 4 Game on Page 5, Week 3 Standings Page 1!)

Post by W Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:29 am

A--what will eventually be--rare occasion is happening in the game this week. I am letting Keyser Soze pick a third one since I can't find information on DVD sales from last week. Normally I would call it a push since that would neither hurt or help, but it would only hurt him this time for me to call it a push, so this is the only fair thing that I can think of. From now on, all DVD questions will be rental related because that's what BO Mojo tracks.

He selected #5 Twilight + Bolt.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:38 am

Had you known this in advance, #1 could have been "which wide release will make the most, Cadillac Records, Nobel Son or The Boy In The Striped Pajamas". Yes, The Boy In The Striped Pajamas is going wide today while getting pulled here after two weeks.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Yeah... But I really want to keep it a this or that game like the one I'm basing it on. I think it works better that way.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:01 am

DO NOT PICK THESE YET!!!

Opinions on what I have in store so far for next week?

1. Higher Top 5 BO: Last Week x 1.5 v. This Weekend?
2. IMDB Rating: Over/Under the current rating of 5.9 (with only 9 votes) for Nothing Like the Holidays?
3. Higher PTA: Gran Torino v. Doubt?
4. Higher PTA: The Reader v. Wendy and Lucy?
5. Higher BO: 50% of TDESS v. Total Weekend BO of #2 movie?
6. Higher PTA after both expand: Frost/Nixon v. Milk?
7. Higher DVD Rental Total: TDK v. Horton x 3?

I will tweek/add any suggestions and next weeks game should be up tomorrow. You will be able to pick 3.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:23 am

Are you out if you get one wrong?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:39 am

You get set back to zero.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:22 pm

Dammit! If that damn Punisher movie doesn't get to the top 5, I'm back to one... I'm pretty sure Cadillac will beat Nobel, as far as my second pick...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Yeah, it'll go by which one was picked first, so if you had a streak of 1 and said:

1. Cadillac Records
4. Punisher = Yes

And they ended up being 1. Right and 4. Wrong, then you would be at zero with a longest streak of 2. If you answer it:

4. Punisher = Yes
1. Cadillac Records

and had the same result, your longest streak would be 1 and your current streak would be 1.

So, the order of how you list them counts. It won't really matter until you get up to the higher streaks, because someone HAS to come out this weekend with 3. Its just the odds. Meanwhile, please give me some input with next week's game (up a couple of posts) before it gets completely set later in the day.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:29 am

W wrote:Check first post for rules which will be updated in a minute.

You can pick up to 2.

1. Higher BO this weekend: Cadillac Records or Nobel Son?
2. More PTA this weekend: Frost/Nixon or the higher of Slumdog/Milk?
3. Extreme Movie: over/under 4.9 IMDB as of Monday? (4.9 would be considered a push will lock if IMDB prematurely puts up its score.)
4. Will Punisher: War Zone get any Top 5 points this weekend?
5. More Top 5 points this weekend: Twilight + Bolt or 4 Christmases + Quantum? (This would change if Twilight takes this weekend).
6. According to Boxoffice Mojo, which will rent out more DVDs this week, Prince Caspian or Step Brothers + X-Files 2 + Longshots?

1. Lock for Cadillac.
2. Lock for Frost/Nixon.
3. Lock for Over.
4. Lock for NO.
5. Lock for Twilight + Bolt.
6. Nobody Picked It.

So, I'll update accordingly, but I'll leave last week's until the actuals come out just in case something crazy happens. PLEASE GIVE ME INPUT ON NEXT WEEK'S. Its a few posts up.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:46 am

Here's what I think about your suggestions for this weekend.
I think they are good, except for a couple. Frost/Nixon will only be going to 39 theaters next weekend, whereas Milk will be in its third weekend and going semi-wide, that is too easy, Frost/Nixon is an absolute lock.
Also, I think that The Reader is a lock to get a higher PTA than Wendy and Lucy and that one will also be too easy.

I think the other 5 are good. I would add "Who will finish higher, Delgo or Nothing like the Holidays"
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:02 am

geezer9687 wrote:Here's what I think about your suggestions for this weekend.
I think they are good, except for a couple. Frost/Nixon will only be going to 39 theaters next weekend, whereas Milk will be in its third weekend and going semi-wide, that is too easy, Frost/Nixon is an absolute lock.
Also, I think that The Reader is a lock to get a higher PTA than Wendy and Lucy and that one will also be too easy.

I think the other 5 are good. I would add "Who will finish higher, Delgo or Nothing like the Holidays"

Would it be better if I nixed the two PTA ones you mentioned and combined them for Frost/Nixon v. The Reader? And I'll don't you think Nothing Like the Holidays will destory Delgo? I keep seeing previews for NLTH, but nothing for Delgo except when I went to M:E2A. If you think it'll be close, I'll add it, though.

Also, the new standings are up now (as always on page 1)! If something changes with the actuals (doubtful, because the results are pretty clear-cut i.e. Punisher would have to do 1.5 of this morning's Weekend prediction, Slumdog or Milk would have to do 6x their prediction, Extreme Movie would have to go down almost 2 points, Nobel Son would have to be just plain wrong, and Twilight would have to go down $2 million.) W, TheJMan, and Donte are the only ones that got both right this week and Donte lost his last week/didn't play (not sure).
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:31 am

You can also do mini PTA games like the Frost Nixon one and then which will finish higher? Doubt or Gran Torino?

For the Day, you can say over or under 45 M? over or under a 6.0 IMDB?

Higher IMDB, Doubt or Gran Torino?

Then you can do the Wednesday openings. Which will have a higher PTA opening day, The Reader or Wendy and Lucy?

Day the Earth Stood Still over or under Golden Compasses' OW?

Day The Earth Stood's opening Saturday over/under Twilight's opening Friday?
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:42 am

I think Frost/Nixon vs. the Reader is a good one. I was just throwing out Delgo and NLTH because Delgo is scheduled to have 300 more theaters. Its also a kid's movie, and I don't know what channels you watch, but I always assume the lack of advertising for kids movies I see is due to the fact that I always watch ESPN.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:11 am

Damn... I really like Doubt v. Gran Torino's IMDB, but Doubt already has an 8.6, so it'd be tough to beat even if it goes down a few percent (or whatever).

How about over/under Keanu's #2 opening weekend? That would be $48.5 M (Matrix 3). Matrix 2 was #1 OW with 93 M.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:14 am

I like that one W. You are right about the imdb one, it would be tough for gran torino to top the already established Doubt score.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Streak for the Fantaverse! (Week 4 Game on Page 5, Week 3 Standings Page 1!) - Page 2 Empty Week #3 Game

Post by W Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 am

You can pick up to 3

1. Higher T5 BO: Last Week x 1.5 or This Weekend
2. IMDB Rating: Over/Under 5.9 for Nothing Like the Holidays.
3. Higher PTA: Gran Torino or Doubt?
4. Higher PTA: The Reader or Frost/Nixon?
5. Will TDESS be Keanu's all-time #2 OW? i.e. will TDESS's OW be between Matrix 2's $91,774,413 and Matrix 3's $48,475,154?
6. Will "Nothing Like the Holidays" beat the PTA for its 2005 counterpart, "The Family Stone?" aka over/under $5077?
7. Higher DVD Rental Total: TDK or Horton x3?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:39 am

2. Under
3. Gran Torino
4. Frost/Nixon
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:31 am

Since I'm not having much luck I am going to change things

2. Doubt
6 NO
7. TDK

Last edited by JackO on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : final answer)
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:28 am

2. under
6. No
1. Last weekend x1.5
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:32 am

As the co leader (I had to say that because I suck at every other game), I think I'll only take 2 (as of now):

6. No.
1. This weekend.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 pm

5. No
6. No
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 pm

I'm going with 2 as I think i'm back to 0 thanx to The Punisher or more likely my stupidity involving The Punisher

2. Under

3. Gran Torino
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:03 pm

You are at 1 Keyser. I don't know if that makes a difference, but you are...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:54 pm

OK I think we pick three this time.

3 Doubt
2 Under
5 No (I am thinking 46Mil)
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next