The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

+25
BarcaRulz
IPKI$$
Swedgin!
Shrykespeare
Keyser Soze
numbersix_99
geezer9687
RonBurgundy
becs
mfrendo
A_Roode
Donte77
Alyson
BanksIsDaFuture
Synestro
silversurfer19
undeadmonkey
W
lillylovelost
JackO
Buscemi
MisterInformative
transformers2
leestu
NSpan
29 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 38 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by packpaljs Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:37 pm

I watched The Color Purple last night, 3rd time in my life. Still a great movie and one of the most obvisous movies that should have won Best Picture but was instead stubbed. 8/10
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 38 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by geezer9687 Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:52 am

I really need to see Gran Torino.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:59 am

packpaljs wrote:I watched The Color Purple last night, 3rd time in my life. Still a great movie and one of the most obvisous movies that should have won Best Picture but was instead stubbed. 8/10

1986 was an interesting but not overly rich year. Best picture was 'Out of Africa' but I've never seen that so I can't fairly comment (oh Movie Club, are you listening?). 'Witness' though has a brilliant screenplay and I could have seen that winning Best Picture.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 am

I've seen Out of Africa, although I was 19, I found it extremely boring. I need to rewatch it, but The Color Purple is a much better watch IMO. Witness is a good classic 80's movie, but I would find it a weird fit in the best pictures list. It would kinda stick out, so I'm sure that's why. Although No Country For Old Men will kinda stick out in 25 years as well I would imagine.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:23 am

geezer9687 wrote:I really need to see Gran Torino.

If you've got a second run theatre nearby, it's currently playing in those theatres. It should stick around until early June.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:59 am

I saw V for Vendetta (8/10): I'd been meaning to see this for a while. It was pretty good. I usually like films with alternate universe themes and mean to find more. Any clues?

Some Harrison Ford film where his wife gets kidnapped in Paris 4/10. It looked like Taken a bit (not completely) but it wasn't near as good. Very cheesy and I thought Harrison and his wife had no chemistry whatsoever plus she looked like his mom.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 am

You watched Frantic, W. Kind of interesting that someone didn't like it. It's usually held in high regard considering it was Ford against type and Roman Polanski directed it. Many years later when Polanski won his Academy Award for The Pianist but couldn't attend due to being a wanted fugitive, Harrison Ford accepted the award on his behalf.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri May 01, 2009 12:52 am

Watched JCVD last night after listening to Chien hype it for months. He was right. It is awesome. It will easily make my top 10 of 2008. It was fantastic and the best Van Damme movie since Bloodsport when I was 10. 4.5/5
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am

I saw JCVD also- pretty impressed by Van Damme. That monologue was epic and made the film. 7/10

Then I saw Young People Fucking. That was actually not quite as crude as the title indicated. Pretty interesting dynamics in all the scenes and it wasn't gratuitous or exploitative at all. 6.5/10

I also saw Clue. Wow. Hilarious. Reminded me of them crazy teen 80s films. They really did a great job not only bringing the game to life but transcending the "rules" of the game and giving the characters backstory and depth. 7.5/10

Off to see Wolverine in t-minus 30 minutes!
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri May 01, 2009 8:12 am

They really need to do Clue 2: The Secret Life Of Mr. Green.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri May 01, 2009 8:36 am

JackO wrote:I saw JCVD also- pretty impressed by Van Damme. That monologue was epic and made the film. 7/10

Then I saw Young People Fucking. That was actually not quite as crude as the title indicated. Pretty interesting dynamics in all the scenes and it wasn't gratuitous or exploitative at all. 6.5/10

So was I the only one who was rather annoyed that the only non-nude woman in the movie had fantastic tits? Just checking... Yes I am that guy. Smile
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri May 01, 2009 9:17 am

JackO wrote:
I also saw Clue. Wow. Hilarious. Reminded me of them crazy teen 80s films. They really did a great job not only bringing the game to life but transcending the "rules" of the game and giving the characters backstory and depth. 7.5/10

I've always wanted to see Clue, just havent gotten around to it yet

Off to see Wolverine in t-minus 30 minutes!

I wanted to go see a midnight screening, but nobody wanted to go with me, everyone had to work tomorrow. So we're going to go see it on saturday.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Fri May 01, 2009 9:34 am

Just finished Crimes and Misdemeanors, regarded as a masterpiece by Woody Allen. This was my third time watching this movie, seems like lately every movie I watch is the 3rd view, and I have to say it gets better with each view. First time, didn't really care for it, I think I was wanting more of a comedy. 2nd view, I saw it for what it was and liked it but still thought it was overrated. Now 3 views in, it is a great film, still a tad bit overrated but at least it's appreciated. I love all the parts with Alan Alda. I'll write more about it in the movie club. Peace.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri May 01, 2009 9:16 pm

I started noticing that Pack. I just could never make fun of you because I either watch a movie I kind of like once or I watch movies over and over if I love them. I have watched In Bruges about 6 times in the last 2 months and Hamlet 2 about 4 times. I think I have seen Amelie about 15 times and Boondock Saints at least 20 times. LOL Don't ask about Conan the Barbarian...

Spoiler:
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat May 02, 2009 12:54 am

I started to watch Do The Right Thing yesterday in my history class and I love it and can not wait to finish it.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat May 02, 2009 6:37 am

watching Lifeforce tonight
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat May 02, 2009 7:08 am

let me know how it is. I have it stuck in the middle of limbo in my netflix queue.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat May 02, 2009 7:16 am

Lifeforce needed more Patrick Stewart.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sat May 02, 2009 10:38 am

Just watch X-Men Orgins: Wolverine, I really liked it. I was hoping for more like part 1 then 2 and 3 and I felt that's exactly what I got. I like focusing on a smaller group of mutants. 3 got so damn confusing with all the different people. I thought Ryan Reynolds was great, reminded me of The Phantom Menace. I'd give it a 8/10, Thank God Marvel got their hands in on this one and Fox had to step aside!
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sat May 02, 2009 10:40 am

Donte77 wrote:I started noticing that Pack. I just could never make fun of you because I either watch a movie I kind of like once or I watch movies over and over if I love them. I have watched In Bruges about 6 times in the last 2 months and Hamlet 2 about 4 times. I think I have seen Amelie about 15 times and Boondock Saints at least 20 times. LOL Don't ask about Conan the Barbarian...

Spoiler:

I think I'm weird because I feel bad if I watch some of my movies more than others. I know, they have no feelings, but every movie I own has to be own worthy and to be own worthy I feel I should be able to watch it any time any where. So I try to watch all of my movies before I watch another again. Doesn't always happen though. It's hard when you have so many movies and some movies are just so much fun. Very Happy
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat May 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Soul Men 7/10

Pretty Funny. Nice to see a touching tribute to Bernie Mac at the end credits. Worth checking out. R.I.P Bernie Mac.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat May 02, 2009 9:38 pm

This will surprise a lot of people

2001: A Space Odyssey (1/10) - My god, was this boring! It just seems like this entire film went out for only special effects. First off, there was five minutes of a black screen with music, then the who monkey thing which lasted a half hour and could have been told in 5 minutes. Then the rest of the film is two minutes of storyline followed by five, ten, or twenty minutes of effects-laden slow-moving, pointlessness (do we need to see a guy float through space for five minutes? It worked, they got their special effects Oscar, but I feel it was at the expense of the story.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sat May 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Whew. I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way. I still do plan to re-watch 2001: eventually.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat May 02, 2009 9:53 pm

JackO wrote:Whew. I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way. I still do plan to re-watch 2001: eventually.

I don't think I could sit through it again... I had a hard time staying awake this time.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun May 03, 2009 2:49 am

That five minutes with black screen is called an overture. Lots of old movies had them (such as Gone With The Wind, Lawrence Of Arabia and even The Black Hole).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next