The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!! (Yes, you too!!!)

+16
Swedgin!
silversurfer19
donnie
geezer9687
Donte77
undeadmonkey
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
BarcaRulz
johnErle
W
leestu
MrHam
englishozzy
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
20 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Final Vote

PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap16%PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap58%PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 11 ]
PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap26%PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 19

PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 9 Empty Re: PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!! (Yes, you too!!!)

Post by Buscemi Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:08 am

Question:

why weren't these names suggested beforehand?

Also Mr. Ham, explain why you hated "filmonthebrain"? (by the way, I'm not biased since I voted for reelsociety)
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 9 Empty Re: PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!! (Yes, you too!!!)

Post by NSpan Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:33 am

Answer: We didn't think of them until recently.
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHam Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:34 am

No one thought of them beforehand. I just came up with reelsociety myself a few days ago.

filmonthebrain is just a little too jokey for me and I would prefer less than four words and a site name without the word "The"

MrHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:44 am

Boussh:

Answer: Because, due to the linear progression of time, not all great ideas (and, Mr. Ham, sir, "reelsociety" is a truly GREAT idea) happen simultaneously.

[Wink]
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:04 am

Why aren't you here more often damn it! That was so damn funny.

I am totally for the naming of the site "reelsociety" and the game "The Film Projector." That would be great.

And this is why I, along with W, have been clamoring for this not to be a rushed process. You can't rush creativity. I'm glad we have found something that no one has a real objection to, that we've heard yet anyway. That is the most important thing.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 am

Yep, I mean, I didn't think the site was finished anyways, so I figured why rush it. The Film Projector is a good name for the game. If it starts getting a good amount of hits, we could also buy (for $10) TheFilmProjector.com and have it redirect to the site in the same way that deadline.com and deadlinehollywooddaily.com will take you to the same site if you'd like.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:35 am

I voted for FOTB in the last round, but Reelsociety.com is what I have voted for this round. It's the first name I have found to have an instantly recognisable title, one which I think most of us are happy with. Unless if someone comes up with something totally outstanding, this is certainly the best title I have heard as of yet and would be more than happy to see it as our website.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:16 am

Dubya, your avatar looks like John Goodman and John Hinckley's love child, ya know?

I'm just sayin', is all. [Grin]
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:22 am

And yours looks like Ian McShane and Tom Berenger's love child.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:23 am

Swedgin! wrote:Dubya, your avatar looks like John Goodman and John Hinckley's love child, ya know?

I'm just sayin', is all. [Grin]

That's pretty much who it is. It's Walter Sobchack, John Goodman's character in The Big Lebowski (who's a little unstable).
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:47 pm

I do like naming the game the movie projector. It works nicely.

Reel Society got my vote for the site though.

I only have one reservation about it. realsociety.com is very similar in spelling and identical in pronunciation and it has been bought. It isn't a website, just being squatted on so that helps. I am leery simply for web leeching with similar sites. For my company's website, we own roughly 30+ variations of the name, spelling, .biz/info/.den/ etc. to prevent anybody from finding a different site or a dead link if they spell or typo the name wrong.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHam Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:08 pm

I hear you Donte but we're not going to spend the money on other variations unless we become really popular. Trust me that will be a problem none of us would mind having.

MrHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:22 pm

I realize that, just mentioning it in passing. Something we hopefully will have to think about in the future.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHam Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:14 pm

Alright guys

www.reelsociety.com is officially the name of our new site.

Patrick has posted a message about the new forum.

Once we have made that transition I will make a post about helping to contribute content on the site and or having your own weekly or bi weekly column.

MrHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9