The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pelham 123/ Imagine That weekend tracking

+13
JackO
J-Man
Nycguy84
W
mfrendo
transformers2
Shrykespeare
undeadmonkey
geezer9687
J.I.
Buscemi
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pelham 123/ Imagine That weekend tracking - Page 2 Empty Re: Pelham 123/ Imagine That weekend tracking

Post by J.I. Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Wow, even BOG is saying that a 22% drop for The Hangover could happen this weekend. It is being hurt by the NBA playoffs as seen by its lower Tuesday and Thursday numbers and high Wednesday. Therefore its Saturday should be hurt by it and that would help its Sunday.

For Up, if it rises 40% on Saturday without sneaks, and then falls 29% on Sunday, adding in $1,7 million for sneaks would give it a $31,737,000 weekend, which is well ahead of Finding Nemo.

Next weekend we'll be waiting to see if Hangover and Up can get over $20 million, which by their legs I'm sure they will.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Pelham 123/ Imagine That weekend tracking - Page 2 Empty Re: Pelham 123/ Imagine That weekend tracking

Post by Nycguy84 Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:00 am

[quote="J.I."]Wow, even BOG is saying that a 22% drop for The Hangover could happen this weekend. It is being hurt by the NBA playoffs as seen by its lower Tuesday and Thursday numbers and high Wednesday. Therefore its Saturday should be hurt by it and that would help its Sunday.

The NBA Finals is on Sunday night not Saturday night which is good for The Hangover seeing that a Sunday dip is usually inevitable. A 32 mil. 2nd weekend is a guarantee right now nonetheless. With no NBA Finals after tomorrow The Hangover should no longer be affected by it. The Hangover should be resting in the low 120's by the end of the coming week. And a definite 20 mil next weekend even with Year One coming out which doesn't look to be the immediate critics loving it, audiences going crazy for it type of hit if it's a hit at all.

The question is can The Hangover get to 210 million out-grossing The Wedding Crashers (209.2)?
Nycguy84
Nycguy84
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:07 am

transformers2 wrote:I actually kind of expected Imagine That to bomb. Eddie is in a slump he needs to pick it up.

I'm surprised that it bombed. It didn't look all that bad, but I guess it is an indictment on Murphy more then anything. He just can't carry a film anymore.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:50 pm

I would actually attribute Imagine That flopping not due to Eddie Murphy (who is in a decline similar to his decline in the mid 1990's), but due to the fact that it opened two weeks after Up and because a similar movie (Bedtime Stories) opened six months earlier and also had a comedian in the lead role. The family market is oversaturated right now in both theatres and on DVD.

I should get around to seeing the film next week. The plotline seems rather cute and the writers of the film also gave us Bill and Ted. And it's got Dick Jones from RoboCop!
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:37 pm

BOM's Sunday Estimates:

Top 5:

1. The Hangover - $33.5M
2. Up - $30.5M
3. Pelham 123 - $25.0M
4. Museum 2 - $9.6
5. Land of the Lost - $9.2M

6. Imagine That - $5.7M

PTA:

5. Food, Inc - $21,000
4. Moon - $18,125
3. Tetro - $15,650
2. Away We Go - $12,311
1. The Hangover - $9,960

A few people switched out Food Inc for Moon at the last moment. Good on those who stuck with it.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:01 pm

Imagine That had the fourth worst opening ever for a film released in over 3,000 theatres. Oddly enough, Eddie Murphy's Meet Dave is Number Three.

Also, Call Of The Wild 3D had the worst opening and PTA ever for a film in 3-D. The film opened to $10,000 and a $750 PTA. But then again, did we really need a 3-D adaptation of a Jack London novel?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:13 am

Shrykespeare wrote:
A few people switched out Food Inc for Moon at the last moment. Good on those who stuck with it.

I hand my head in shame. Let's hope Moon gets a few more PTA points next week.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:15 am

Really good holds for The Hangover and Up. Pretty Solid take for Pelham 123 as well.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:17 am

Imagine That didn't deserve to bomb like this, it seemed harmless enough to entertain some kids for 90 minutes. But maybe now Eddie will start on this supposed Richard Pryor biopic and get another Oscar nod. He should already have an Oscar win, but the Academy fucked up again.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:52 am

Banky, Alan Arkin was great in Little Miss Sunshine. He fucking deserved it. Though Murphy, Hounsou and Haley were also great, Arkin was still the best of the lot. Maybe because it was the most lighthearted of the performances mentioned.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:14 am

Buscemi wrote:Banky, Alan Arkin was great in Little Miss Sunshine. He fucking deserved it. Though Murphy, Hounsou and Haley were also great, Arkin was still the best of the lot. Maybe because it was the most lighthearted of the performances mentioned.

Well I disagree, I think Arkin's was the worst performance of the five. He didn't do shit in the movie and just played the funnily cranky old man. Eddie Murphy and Jackie Earl Haley easily deserved it over him. I still think the Academy punished Murphy for releasing Norbit right before the ceremony.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:16 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Imagine That didn't deserve to bomb like this, it seemed harmless enough to entertain some kids for 90 minutes. But maybe now Eddie will start on this supposed Richard Pryor biopic and get another Oscar nod. He should already have an Oscar win, but the Academy fucked up again.

Disagree on all levels. His movies bomb because they suck. He used to be a raunchy, funny, social-commentary comedian, and now he makes shitty kids movies. Dr. Doolittle? Seriously? Shitty movies made without heart (and most all of his newer stuff is without heart) should not be made at all, and deserve to bomb when they do.

If he can get his balls together, the Richard Pryor pick could be good.

As far as Oscar, you can't say Dr. Doolittle, who also has the 3rd and 4th worst opening ever (for opening on 3000 screens or more) should have an oscar. If he actually TRIED to do something, he'd have a better chance of winning.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:53 am

Wahlberg deserved the Oscar that year. It should have between him and Honsou but Whalberg should have won.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:35 am

J-Man wrote:Damn, I picked Imagine That in one league I think... MISTAKE!

I thought Pelham would do better, but it could still do Face/Off numbers and hit $100M (probably not thought).

I picked Imagine that in one league too. The Bankruptcy league.

Here are the formulas;

Eddie Murphy + movie (- animation) = Turd.

Eddie Murphy + movie (- animation) + multiple roles = Gigantic Turd

Eddie Murphy + Shrek = Lots of money
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:53 am

mfrendo wrote:
Disagree on all levels. His movies bomb because they suck. He used to be a raunchy, funny, social-commentary comedian, and now he makes shitty kids movies. Dr. Doolittle? Seriously? Shitty movies made without heart (and most all of his newer stuff is without heart) should not be made at all, and deserve to bomb when they do.

If he can get his balls together, the Richard Pryor pick could be good.

As far as Oscar, you can't say Dr. Doolittle, who also has the 3rd and 4th worst opening ever (for opening on 3000 screens or more) should have an oscar. If he actually TRIED to do something, he'd have a better chance of winning.

His hit to bombs ratio is about the same as any other mid-level actor, like Nic Cage or John Travolta. And his later stuff does suck, but he's had some good family/kids movies in the past. Dr. Dolittle, Nutty Professor, Daddy Day Care are all good family movies with heart in them.

And he did deserve the Oscar for Dreamgirls. Who said anything about Dr. Doolittle deserving an Oscar?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:21 am

Wow, Hangover is well on its way to 200M+

5.5M on Monday?? That's insane!
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:34 am

The second Monday no less. 7.5 on the first monday. Crazy numbers.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 am

Ladies and gentlemen, we have now entered the era in which the biggest comedies are for only the easily impressed.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:55 am

Boosh,

They said the exact same thing about comedies that were released back when I was your age, and some of those are considered classics today.

Believe me, you look at Animal House as a classic, but when it was released, it was pretty much considered no better than The Hangover, low brow comedy for the easy to entertain.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:20 am

I do have to agree with Boush though. Old School, Wedding Crashers, now the Hangover? I mean this is the best we can come up with?

Man, I called this weekend's top 3 cold. Exactly how I thought it would shake down.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:33 am

Anyone have tracking info on this weekend? Wheres Jacko when you need him, lol
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2