The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geez/Banks Draft for FY (second draft = third post of page 3)

+6
SuperShaan
undeadmonkey
Buscemi
leestu
BanksIsDaFuture
W
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Geez/Banks Draft for FY (second draft = third post of page 3) Empty Geez/Banks Draft for FY (second draft = third post of page 3)

Post by W Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:33 am

Basically, it goes Name (round pick, person that bid) I'll update every day. From now on, 2 days and then I'll fix everything...

Amelia (6th, W)
Beauty and the Beast 3D (7th, Banks)
Planet 51 (4th, Banks)
Untitled Eastwood/Mandela film (6th, W)
Up in the Air (6th, Banks/Supershaan)
The Invention of Lying (7th, leestu)
Taking Woodstock (Barca 12th)

Last edited by W on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:14 am; edited 7 times in total
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Geez/Banks Draft for FY (second draft = third post of page 3) Empty Re: Geez/Banks Draft for FY (second draft = third post of page 3)

Post by W Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:34 am

I will bid a 6th rounder for Amelia, Planet 51, Eastwood/Mandela
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Geez/Banks Draft for FY (second draft = third post of page 3) Empty Re: Geez/Banks Draft for FY (second draft = third post of page 3)

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:37 am

I'll bid my 6th rounder for Up In The Air.

I'll aldo bid my 4th rounder for Invictus (Mandela movie) and Planet 51.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:58 am

I'll bid my 7th round pick for The invention Of Lying.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:03 am

I'll give up my 11th round pick for Beauty and The Beast 3-D.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:35 am

So, do we have to wait two days for the films that people are trading? or how does that work?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:41 am

Here's the deal: Two days from now, any films not bid on are free for anyone. All films given up to take a film get auctioned like this again. After 3 or 4 times, no one will want the films.

Tiebreakers: If two people bid the same pick for a film, the person highest on waivers can choose to use their waiver position for it. If not, it goes to the lower person. If both choose not to, it will be chosen at random.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:30 pm

Question: why does Banks still have the No.1 waiver wire position?

Since now he's got Geezers top three picks he hardly has the disadvantage, so shouldn't be entitled to any special treatment with a high position on the waiver wire.

I'll bid for Up in The Air with my 6th round pick.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Umm... I don't know, he should probably be moved back to Geezer's position since those are the top picks he has... And I need to know what leestu is dropping for Wall Street 2 before it becomes official.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Leestu is dropping The Rum Diary for Wall Street 2.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:34 pm

I'll bid my 12th round pick on Taking Woodstock.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:24 pm

SuperShaan wrote:Question: why does Banks still have the No.1 waiver wire position?

Since now he's got Geezers top three picks he hardly has the disadvantage, so shouldn't be entitled to any special treatment with a high position on the waiver wire.

I'll bid for Up in The Air with my 6th round pick.

That's fine, I am now number 2 on the waiver, right after Rasgriz.

But I'm still higher than you Shaan, so why would you bid with the same round as me?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:33 am

To make sure you get it, you have to use your waiver position to grab it... That's why.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:05 am

OHHHH, you have to use it? Meaning that we'll get bumped to the back of the line? Ok, so now I gots it.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:11 am

Man, I hope JackO sees this thread, he put up a 4th rounder for Invictus in the other one. Seems like he really wanted it.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:57 am

I'll bid my 7th rounder for Beauty & The Beast 3D
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:34 am

W wrote:Umm... I don't know, he should probably be moved back to Geezer's position since those are the top picks he has... And I need to know what leestu is dropping for Wall Street 2 before it becomes official.

Repossesion Mambo if I use my 7th rnd pick for The Invention Of Lying, OR Moon if my bid here gets trumped. Maybe just use Repossession Mambo to make sure of it. I still feel like an A**hole for getting Wall Street 2 but. Evil or Very Mad
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:35 am

Do you remember who bid what for what before? I'll put those up here too. I'm sorry, I just lost track. I don't want anyone left out just because they didn't check/see this thread...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:38 am

umm... Why do you feel like that mr. stu? You were first in line that called it, so you get it. Now you're in the back of the line. That's all there is to it...

And you don't have to give up your waiver position to take a film in this auction, if you tie you can choose whether to give it up or not. If you do, you get it, if you don't, the other guy gets to choose. If neither do, it goes to a coinflip.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:30 am

Are two days up yet? Laughing
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:32 am

It is now, so which films were traded in?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:12 am

OK, so here's what was traded, according to my calculations:

I, myself, have traded my 7th rounder (Going The Distance) for Beauty & The Beast 3D.
I also traded my 4th rounder (Saw 6) for Planet 51.
I have used my waiver place in order to trade my 6th rounder (Armored) for Up In The Air.

leestu has traded his 7th rounder (Moon) for The Invention of Lying

W has traded his 6th rounder (Precious) for either Amelia or Invictus (whichever he chooses).

Barca has traded his 12th rounder (The Killing Room) for Taking Woodstock.

Again, this is what I'm thinking is right. If I've confused anything, please feel free to slap me in the face and correct me.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:25 pm

actually, I have three sixth rounders... And I'm giving to PM JackO to see if he wants his original Invectus. Barca also has 2 12ths, I believe... I'm trading out Aliens in the Attic for it. I would just take Invectus and trade it for Julie and Julia, but that would be wrong... Smile
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:28 pm

I'll bid my 6th round pick for Invictus.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:49 pm

W wrote:actually, I have three sixth rounders... And I'm giving to PM JackO to see if he wants his original Invectus. Barca also has 2 12ths, I believe... I'm trading out Aliens in the Attic for it. I would just take Invectus and trade it for Julie and Julia, but that would be wrong... Smile

Oh sorry, I just skimmed the draft list for the first time I saw yours and Barca's names. Probably should've checked.

And why are you including JackO's pick in this? I thought the whole point of starting a new thread was starting over. If he didn't see this thread in 2 days, oh well. It's just like the waiver wire, if you don't see a movie put on waivers in 2 days and you miss it, nobody extends the time period.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next