The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!)

+12
transformers2
SuperShaan
JackO
numbersix_99
undeadmonkey
englishozzy
leestu
silversurfer19
BarcaRulz
geezer9687
Buscemi
W
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!) Empty Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!)

Post by W Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:56 am

Here's the deal, I changed the rules. Seasons go from May-April each year and its going to be a keeper league. There will be a 12 round draft followed by a 2 round draft for movies coming out AFTER April of 2010. These will be your keeper films and you can trade them as well. You want to try to win the year and there will also be lifetime standings. Sign up HERE!

- 12 films per year max.
- Add/drop any film in the season for any available film in that season.
- Keeper films can either be drafted in the keeper drafts or films that you have and are moved to a later date (like "The Road").
- Max of 10 keeper films at one time.
- You can trade draft picks in either draft. For example, Transformers and 2010 round 2 pick for Harry Potter and 2010 round 1 pick.
- You can trade profits for films. For example, Transformers for Harry Potter and $30 M or $60 M for Public Enemies.
- Keeper films will become draft picks during their year of eligibility. For example, Iron Man 2 will cease to become a keeper film--if drafted--during the 2010-2011 season and will take the place of your round 12 pick. A second film will take the place of your round 11 pick. And so on.

Any questions, just PM me. I'm going to send a PM to everyone that joined the one that my absence killed off.

Those signed up for this league:
1. W
2. Buscemi
3. Geezer
4. SilverSurfer
5. Barca
6. leestu
7. EnglishOzzy
8. UndeadMonkey
9. NumberSix
10. JackO
11. SuperShaan
12. Rasgriz
13. Donte77
14. Ipki$$
15. Keyser Soze
16. transformers2
17. RonBurgundy

Last edited by W on Thu May 14, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 11 times in total
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!) Empty Re: Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!)

Post by Buscemi Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:04 am

Oh, there will be 140 films released next year. Hell the yearly average is usually around 500-600 films.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!) Empty Re: Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!)

Post by W Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:10 am

I figured there would be, but I wasn't sure if there would be many more than that which are decent-sized.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:15 am

Let's see, about 150 films make at least $5-10 million each other. Add in the also-rans and the arthouse hits, I'd say you've got a deep draft pool.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 am

I should have a computer by the end of the week. My brother told me I'd have to send it to the company--warranty expired, so $200-300--and they said they would do it for $60. Do you want to make this a July 09-June 10 or an April-end of year league or we could draft movies that have already drafted as well and have to choose "Will this movie make more than what Paul Blart made"? I like the idea of being able to trade open movies for unopened ones. Let me know, we'd have to re-sign up since its been so long, but I want to figure out exactly how we'll do it first.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:04 am

Maybe we should make it a May-End of Year league. I don't like the idea of being able to take movies that have already opened.

It will be great to have you back W.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:04 am

Make it all new ones. Using already released films fucks up with the strategy and makes things unfair.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:31 am

Sorry that I gave you guys this idea and then just went nowhere. I was thinking, though... How about we go from May '09 - April '10? I was also thinking of making it a "keeper" type of league. You try to win the yearly league, lifetime, and per-film catagories overall.

It would be a draft of 12 films for the rest of the year and a draft of 3 or 4 keeper films for subsequent years. You can trade any amount of films through the year (you can only have 12 total per year, though) even trading your keeper films (you can rack up as much of these as possible, but they must be drafted in the first place and the year they come out they move to the regular area taking up a regular draft slot).

I don't know, just something I came up with. Let me know. I should have a working computer (at home) in the next couple of days.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:35 am

So, when does the sign-up period begin?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:00 pm

We can start signups right now. What do you think about a keeper league May-April each year? Also, doing it that way, should the period for counting grosses end May 1 or later?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:09 am

May 3rd, 2010

Also, I'm in.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:07 am

I'm also very much in.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:11 am

Good, we have 3 now!
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:45 am

Go on then, you have me hooked.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:57 am

Do I really need to say I'm in? I mean come on Twisted Evil
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:21 am

Of course I'm in. I don't quite understand the finer details of what you are proposing but that doesn't matter.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:43 am

The new rules are explained at the first post of this thread. Let me know if there's any questions.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by englishozzy Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:26 am

Sounds cool, count me in Smile
englishozzy
englishozzy
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:53 am

Ok, now that I see it all written out, I think you should completely scrap the keeper idea. It is WAY, WAAAAYYY too complicated. I don't like it at all. It would be complex enough just doing films from the next year. If we are doing this keeper stuff, I'm out. I don't think people are going to really make trades or anything like that anyway. I say keep it as simple as possible.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:27 am

i'm in, but sooo confused....
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Count me in
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah, I'm in. Sounds like fun.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:17 am

Count me in also
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:30 am

I think I'm going to stick to 2 keeper rounds, so let me know if the geez is appeased.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:55 am

Let me know what you think is complicated or what you think is confusing and I'll explain. In my head its pretty simple. Look at BOMOJO, draft 12 of those films that fall into the "May 2009-April 2010" catagory, then draft 2 films that will come out some other time (Iron Man 2, Transformers 3, The Hobbit, Cars 2, Toy Story 3, Return of The Dark Knight, Thor, The Avengers, The A-Team, Untitled Spielburg Lincoln Bioptic, etc.)

After that, you just trade, keep, drop, or add.

Do my pickem as well, please. I want to replace my streak game with a monthly version of this. Thanks.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next