The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jun-Aug Draft League?

+5
undeadmonkey
Buscemi
W
geezer9687
BanksIsDaFuture
9 posters

Go down

Jun-Aug Draft League? Empty Jun-Aug Draft League?

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 27, 2009 9:27 am

Is there gonna be one? Is anyone interested?

Let your opinions be heard and if anyone is down, we'll start one now. I saw the March-May one, and thought it'd be cool to do another.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Jun-Aug Draft League? Empty Re: Jun-Aug Draft League?

Post by geezer9687 Wed May 27, 2009 9:54 am

I will only participate if it can be guaranteed that everyone involved will do their job and update their own slates. The A league has been rendered useless because of lack of participation. I don't want to see that happen again. Don't sign up if you don't care enough to help.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed May 27, 2009 10:00 am

I'll play, but I have 2 reservations. 1) It'll be hard as hell for anyone other than the top two picks to win... but oh well. That's the season. 2) I don't want to Geezer whine if I get a decent pick.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed May 27, 2009 10:02 am

I'm in also. And I agree with what W said about Geezer.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed May 27, 2009 10:06 am

Don't pretend like you weren't a giant anus the other day as well.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed May 27, 2009 10:09 am

W wrote:Don't pretend like you weren't a giant anus the other day as well.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do what I did. I also didn't expect it to esclate into a big skyscraper of madness.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 27, 2009 10:24 am

geezer9687 wrote:I will only participate if it can be guaranteed that everyone involved will do their job and update their own slates. The A league has been rendered useless because of lack of participation. I don't want to see that happen again. Don't sign up if you don't care enough to help.

Well, how the hell can that be guaranteed? I agree that participation is what makes these kind of leagues work, but I guess if push comes to shove, I'll try and update the stats and standings myself. Hell, if Shryke can do that with a million leagues, I can do it for one. Of course, that depends on how many people are in for this.

I was also thinking about doing a draft selection video, so no cries of foul can be heard. Post it on youtube or something and put the link here.

Anyway so far, we've got myself, Geez, W, and Buscemi.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed May 27, 2009 10:33 am

ill play
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed May 27, 2009 10:34 am

It can be guaranteed, or close to it, by making people VERY FUCKING AWARE that they will be required to regularly update their stats each week if they want to play. I feel like I failed in making this clear before I set up last season's draft leagues, resulting in a ruined league.

And W, it will be far more likely for someone who doesn't have Transformers or HP here to win than in the full year for 2 reasons:

1)These leagues are typically limited to 6-8 people, leaving the people at the back end of the draft two good selections for their first two rounds.

2) Its an Ultimate league, so there are lots of other ways to accumulate points not just by Box office dollars.

Certainly, the odds would be very much in the favor of the top 2 picks, but it wouldn't be as impossible as you think for someone else to win.

Why would I whine if you got a decent pick? Do you really think I'm that damn jealous of you.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 27, 2009 10:42 am

Actually it can't be guaranteed at all. I mean, they can say that they'll update every fucking day but if they don't do, it's not like we can stab them in the face. All we can do is kick em out. Besides, people do have lives, and emergencies do happen. Computers crash, power goes out, etc etc.

And do guys think there should be a limit? Too many people and there won't be enough picks to make it competitive. We've already got 5, how many do you think there should be?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed May 27, 2009 10:46 am

I think a limit of 8 per league is good. If more people sign up than that, split it into two leagues. That's been the structure so far, and the drafts have worked pretty well with 6 in a league.

And I know its not technically guaranteed and emergencies do happen. But with the people on here, that have been here for a couple of years now, I think they should be able to know if they can come on here once a week and put updates of their slates up. It takes no more than 15 minutes per week if you do it on a weekly basis. I'm just saying to all that want to sign up, know that you are expected to be able to handle this. Unless you want to take care of it all Banks, but I know how much work that can be, trust me, I've tried doing it.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Wed May 27, 2009 6:42 pm

geezer9687 wrote:I will only participate if it can be guaranteed that everyone involved will do their job and update their own slates. The A league has been rendered useless because of lack of participation. I don't want to see that happen again. Don't sign up if you don't care enough to help.

Yep, the A League was ruined. Rolling Eyes You are as much to blame as the rest of us. Your effort matched ours. If you weren't going to put together regular standings you never should have volunteered. After a month of waiting for you to update the league I went through and posted standings for one week. And no, everyone's slates weren't updated then either. It took me 30 minutes. I hoped you'd take the lead and ownership of your own league after that, but we're still waiting. Don't volunteer to run a league if you don't care enough to do it. You had ample opportunity to be pro-active and follow-up individually if you weren't happy with how active members in the league were, but instead waited until the second last weekend and then started complaining. Leadership is ownership and you get out of the end result in any project what you put into it Geezer.

At any rate, after the fiasco of the last Draft league I'm out. Good luck to all of you in the next round of it.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed May 27, 2009 7:11 pm

I didn't update my slate in my draft league because I destroyed my computer right after I was done drafting. I should be fine now. And Geez, you're quitting a league because you didn't get a high enough pick... You were attacking me because I was one of the two people to get the two films you wanted most. You don't find that the least bit whiny? If you had one of the first two picks, you wouldn't quit out of principle. So, its not really about "fairness".
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed May 27, 2009 8:55 pm

A_Roode wrote:

Yep, the A League was ruined. Rolling Eyes You are as much to blame as the rest of us. Your effort matched ours. If you weren't going to put together regular standings you never should have volunteered. After a month of waiting for you to update the league I went through and posted standings for one week. And no, everyone's slates weren't updated then either. It took me 30 minutes. I hoped you'd take the lead and ownership of your own league after that, but we're still waiting. Don't volunteer to run a league if you don't care enough to do it. You had ample opportunity to be pro-active and follow-up individually if you weren't happy with how active members in the league were, but instead waited until the second last weekend and then started complaining. Leadership is ownership and you get out of the end result in any project what you put into it Geezer.

At any rate, after the fiasco of the last Draft league I'm out. Good luck to all of you in the next round of it.

I only volunteered to do standing provided people participated in updating their own slates. Let me be very clear Roode. There was not a single point during the entire league that everyone actually had up to date slates. I am not here to account for the laziness of everyone else. I have been telling people to update their slates for a month and a half, not "the second to last weekend" as you say. If that were the case, I would have started this week. I would have been more than happy to tally up everyone's scores, which is what I volunteered to do. Maybe I should go do that now with leestu and my stats, which are the only ones that are even close to up to date. I don't know how you are confused about this. Just to quote myself, from March 2nd by the way:

geezer9687 wrote:Can everyone here do me a favor and make sure they update their own statistics. I'll be responsible for the standings but if you could put down the stats for each of your films that would make it a lot easier. It would be better for everyone to do their own 8, than me need to look up all 48. Thanks guys. Look forward to the season.

Buscemi hasn't done an update since Adventureland. Tranny hasn't since Crank 2. I'll gladly go do as I promised and put up stats for all the stats that I have been provided with. Not a problem at all. Will it reflect the actual standings of the league? Of course not, but I guess that is what you want.

You've just got me all figured out W. Have a wonderful day.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 27, 2009 11:22 pm

Ummm....wow.

So, it's still 5 of us in this. I'll give it another couple of days, since June is around the corner. Then we can get the draft started this weekend.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu May 28, 2009 12:36 am

Sure i wll play.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu May 28, 2009 9:24 am

I'm in. And I am prepared to update my own slate. Very Happy
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu May 28, 2009 10:03 am

So that's 7 of us now. I think I'm gonna go ahead and close it up at that, 7 sounds good and competitive.

I'll do the draft selection video tomorrow (technically later today), and hopefully we can get the draft going soon after. Maybe everyone can list the days they're available through next week, see if we can get a common time and try to get most of it done when alot of us are on at the same time.

I'll go ahead and copy Geez and let everyone know that I'll compile standings as long as everyone updates their standings. I'll send PMs out and stuff when actuals are posted, just some gentle reminders if someone starts to lag a bit.

And good luck everyone!
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu May 28, 2009 10:30 pm

Yeah I am out. Draft leagues are too full of whining and complaining.

"But I didn't get first pick so I quit!"

That is just juvenile bullshit. I will finish the B League Draft (even though they are not updated either) and the Full year BO draft but count me out for any more draft Leagues. If I wanted to hear people whine, I would have been an elementary teacher...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down