The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by packpaljs Sat May 09, 2009 8:19 am

I just watched:

Summer Palace - 4/10, not much to say, just not very good

The Business of Being Born - 7/10, This is a documentary that was really interesting. I've been through child birth 3 times with my wife so not much of this grossed me out. But to someone who hasn't, pass on this. It's interesting to get the background on when child birth went from midwives to hospitals though. If your about to go through child birth, I would recommend a view, as you'll learn alot and be familar with alot of the terms.

Now on to the next...

Last edited by packpaljs on Sat May 09, 2009 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Buscemi Sat May 09, 2009 8:35 am

I managed to see The Business Of Being Born during an Oscar qualifying series back in 2007 (I saw one other film in that series, Billy The Kid). An interesting documentary about the failures of the American health care systems with talk show host/John Waters regular Ricki Lake in support.

And you have three children, Pack? At 27? And I thought W having a three year old was strange.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sat May 09, 2009 9:21 am

Well as Morgan Freeman says...

"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat May 09, 2009 10:00 am

Buscemi wrote:I managed to see The Business Of Being Born during an Oscar qualifying series back in 2007 (I saw one other film in that series, Billy The Kid). An interesting documentary about the failures of the American health care systems with talk show host/John Waters regular Ricki Lake in support.

And you have three children, Pack? At 27? And I thought W having a three year old was strange.

How is having a kid at this time strange? The average age for having your first kid in America is 24.9 and my wife and I were 22.5 (approximately). Pretty close to average if I do say so myself...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat May 09, 2009 10:07 am

I guess I'm just weirded out by people under 30 having children. I'm also kind of weirded out by the fact that I know people younger than me who have children. I really can't understand how people can do so much in life when they're young but choose to hold everything off until later so to have children. And to do so at 19, 20, 21 and nowadays even younger, why?

Either that or I've been watching too much Maury lately.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat May 09, 2009 2:12 pm

I know a kid I graduated high school with who's 21 and already has 3 kids. But I think that's just poor parenting mixed with poor decision making. I doubt any of those kids were planned, I try to make fun of him everytime I see him. Since his kids are ugly and whatnot.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sat May 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Just watched:

Caramel - I thought this movie was pretty good. I think it Lebenese, and I don't think I've seen any other movie from this country. The movie follows the lifes of 4 women who work at a beauty salon. The women are very pretty arabic women will those seductive eyes and what nots. Anyway I thought it was done very well. 7/10

The Elephant Man - My first view of this "Classic". 6/10 Can anyone fill me in on what's so good about this movie. I see the importance of this film and understand why it's a must see, but I don't understand why it's on IMDB's top 250. It's not really that good, parts are very slow, I was fighting hard to not fall asleep with 45 minutes left. I pushed through and was glad, the ending was really good, but the first 1 hr and 45 mins. was just okay, not good or great by any stretch IMO. I would love to hear from people who thought this movie was great. I thought the best part was "I'm Not an Animal" and the Platoon music played at the very end.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat May 09, 2009 10:49 pm

Frost/Nixon 8.5/10

Throughly enjoyed it. Very well acted and written. Surprised i liked it so much.

Have Yes Man at my house and plan to watch it by tommorow.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sat May 09, 2009 11:35 pm

Just finished Chop Shop... 7/10

I'm very surprised that I haven't heard anything about this movie. It was really good! Very intriguing story about a young boy (maybe 12) and his older sister (maybe 18 ). They never mention parents so I have no idea why but they are on there own. They both are street hustlers basically. The boy ends up working at a body shop and being allowed to live there with his Sister. So much responsiblity on this little guy and he's trying to save up and buy a lunch truck for him and his sister so they can make it on there own. It's neat to follow this kid around and see the things he goes through. The boy is amazing, acting wise. He was well worth a mention.

The only bad thing about the movie was the way it ends, just kinda stops, no resolution, which I don't always need but I felt this movie had something else to say at the end and it failed to.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat May 09, 2009 11:46 pm

Bedtime Stories 5/10. Was ok for what it was.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sun May 10, 2009 1:35 am

Just watched Star Wars: Clone Wars well I at least watched most of it, I'm not a big Star Wars fan to begin with, but was hoping my two sons would like this and watch it with me. They lost interest towards the end and I had already fell asleep so no need to finish. 4/10
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sun May 10, 2009 7:06 am

Just finished 2 others:

Surfwise- 6/10, Documentary about Dorian "Doc" Paskowitz, one of the surfing pioneers. He lived in a 24 ft. camper with his wife and 9 kids and just went from wave to wave. He's now like 84. It's an interesting doc. but it's pretty bizarre also. He works out naked in the movie, weird, and talks alot about sex and not just lightly grazing the subject, he goes in full detail about different things he's done and does. It's pretty gross. But if your into surfing, you'll probably really like it.

And I'm sorry to say I watched:

Hannah Montana: The Best of Both Worlds - 4/10, I only watched this because of it's box office success and due to that it made my list of movies to watch. I actually just skipped all the singing parts and just watched the behind the scenes parts. So it was only like 30 minutes that I actually watched. I'm sure I'm the only one on this site that's seen it, so I won't bore anyone with my thoughts, rating says enough.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun May 10, 2009 7:41 am

Damnit, pack, you're supposed to say you were watching it with your kids... LOL
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sun May 10, 2009 8:01 am

I'll remember that next time.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sun May 10, 2009 10:20 am

packpaljs wrote:Just finished 2 others:

Surfwise- 6/10, Documentary about Dorian "Doc" Paskowitz, one of the surfing pioneers. He lived in a 24 ft. camper with his wife and 9 kids and just went from wave to wave. He's now like 84. It's an interesting doc. but it's pretty bizarre also. He works out naked in the movie, weird, and talks alot about sex and not just lightly grazing the subject, he goes in full detail about different things he's done and does. It's pretty gross. But if your into surfing, you'll probably really like it.

I saw that one last year. It was a little weird, but I liked it. i usually get bored with documentaries but this one was pretty entertaining.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Sun May 10, 2009 11:07 am

Just finished:

My Brother is an Only Child 7/10

An Itailian film that follows the relationship of 2 brothers over several years during the 60's/70's in Italy. I really liked it, the story was really good, acting was great. I almost skipped this one, glad I didn't.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun May 10, 2009 11:29 am

For the past few days, I've been watching:

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 2 Jrolfe_avgn1
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Mon May 11, 2009 7:15 am

Green Street Hooligans - 8/10 This was a great account of the extremes of euro futbol/soccer "firms" much like american gangs. I loved the acting from the main british character, Pete, he does a good job of because the protective but firm leader, giving a sense of compassion and family for his bad of troublemakers. His former best friend, Bovver, who gets edged out by Elijah Woods character is genuinely shifty, but comes across a little over acted because he is so constantly brooding that someone should have noticed and smacked some sense into him before the end. Elijah did a good job, the major flaw of the movie is his being overly soft at the start makes it hard to see the group even considering him tagging along, but he undergoes a Fight Club-esque transformation that is incredible. Other than that the movie was just a bit long, but not painfully so because there are few lulls in the pace of the story.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Mon May 11, 2009 8:26 am

Just finshed The 400 Blows - 8/10, I'll post more on the movie club forum. But to anyone who doesn't look there, it's a great movie and a must see!
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon May 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Buscemi wrote:For the past few days, I've been watching:

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 2 Jrolfe_avgn1

Hahahahhaha Oh man some of those are hilarious. My favorites are the bible games reviews. So funny. Best when drunk and in the company of 2 or 3 geek friends who are also drunk.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue May 12, 2009 3:45 am

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation
what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 2 Zeropuncths-1
i prefer my angry videogame nerd reviews with funny accents
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Tue May 12, 2009 9:10 am

Just watched:

A Walk to Beautiful 5/10, documentary about 5 women who had terrible child birth experiences and the side effects. Pretty gross actually.

Taxi to the Dark Side 4/10, I understand that this happened but I don't like to think bad about my country so I will play ingorant.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue May 12, 2009 10:06 am

I did see a film sometime earlier this week. But it was so bad I already forgot what it was.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue May 12, 2009 10:07 am

JackO wrote:I did see a film sometime earlier this week. But it was so bad I already forgot what it was.

Southland Tales?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue May 12, 2009 10:17 am

JackO wrote:I did see a film sometime earlier this week. But it was so bad I already forgot what it was.

Nice review JackO! Just kidding.

I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 8/10: Slow in parts (it had only 15-16 scenes for a close to 3 hour film), but I really could have watched a longer version of the film and loved it just as much. It reminded me of Forrest Gump a little. More artsy, but Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett's relationship, among other things reminded me of it a little. Easy to call what was happening next. Not the best film of the year, but in my second tier probably.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next