The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread

+12
johnErle
MisterInformative
W
J-Man
SuperShaan
Buscemi
RonBurgundy
BanksIsDaFuture
JackO
brockman81
geezer9687
chugsthemonkey
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread

Post by J-Man Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:43 am

Results for the Christmas period ending 28th. Some big changes - one jumping 11 places, another falling 12. Let's see how 2009 changes things.

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rankingsweek4

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread

Post by Donte77 Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:24 am

Damn who knew Marley and Me was the Must Have for this season. Between it and Gran Torino missing from my slate, I am scrambling to stay alive in the top 10.

I have a few movies left but I think almost all of us have the same two (Bride Wars and Paul Blart)
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:21 am

Marley and Me is the only thing thats helping me.

THanks for doing this Jman
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:57 am

Alright, here it is for this week (the period ending Jan. 4th). Thanks for the thanks, undeadmonkey. I wasn't sure if anyone really cared if I posted this, but it's good to know people are checking in on the updates.

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rankingsweek5
Again, there may be errors, so if you find one, point it out to me and I'll fix as soon as I can (or the next week).

Last edited by J-Man on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added ending date)

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:27 am

J-Man wrote:Alright, here it is for this week (the period ending Jan. 4th). Thanks for the thanks, undeadmonkey. I wasn't sure if anyone really cared if I posted this, but it's good to know people are checking in on the updates.

I look for it every week Jman and would notice it's absence if it weren't there. I don't want to play this game if I don't know the 'score' until after it's over. So you have my thanks also, especially for the easy to read format. While I am here, is it hard to change my name on your table to 'leestu'? If it is, or if you just like 'letsu' better than that's OK, Smile just leave it the way it is.
Now, time to see if I have a Box Office problem. Smile
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:30 am

It is much appreciated J-Man
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:05 pm

I'd forgotten I was even in this league. Good work J-Man, now I guess I need some PTA....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:30 am

Alright, here is the update for the period ending Jan. 11. I want to say thanks to everyone appreciating this, it makes doing it worthwhile [also, I fixed your name, Leetsu].

As always, point me towards any errors there may be in the chart. Actually, this would have been posted last night, but halfway through finishing this up I noticed that I accidentally gave Bride Wars and the Unborn PTA points instead of Top 5 points. I became very annoyed, haha.

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rankingsweek6

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:07 am

Thanks for the update Jman. I am not doing bad in this league. Makes me feel better for how terrible I am doing in the draft league.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 am

Ouch, even with Marley & Me a surprise smash I am still doing poorly. Maybe it's because I only have 3 movies out so far...
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by johnErle Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:37 am

Wow, I forgot I was even in this league, so imagine my surprise in discovering that I was in 1st place despite forgetting to dump The Spirit. I guess a slate can survive a dreadful pick when Clint Eastwood and an adorable Golden Retriever have your back.

PS - Thanks, Jman, for doing this.
johnErle
johnErle
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

http://www.dynamicrangeradio.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:47 am

Marley was a Labrador. And Bolt was a German shepherd.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Here is the update for the period ending Jan. 18. Not too much change this week, very few people in this league had movies opening this week. As always, point me towards any errors that you may find in the chart.

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rankingsweek7

Gran Torino being such a big earner is causing a problem for everyone who doesn't have it. Case in point: Buscemi's score. Only 4 of his films have opened, but the coupling of Marley and Me and Gran Torino gives him a lot of money, PTA and top 5 points. Once his movies start opening, even if they under perform, the IMDB points will start adding up and he'll have solidified his place at the top. Getting cash for Box Office to compete is also going to be much harder for everyone, as we're leaving the lucrative Holiday period.

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:49 am

Here are the rankings for the period ending Jan 25. Again, point me towards any errors that you may find.

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rankingsweek8

I have to apologize to MisterInformation for not putting Paul Blart in his last weeks rankings. I forgot to check for updated slates last weekend, even though I updated my own. I noticed the change this past Thursday, but waited until the end of the weekend to fix it in this weeks update.

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:39 pm

I wonder how much damage I did this week with The Class and Taken. (When I took it, I only got for the IMDb score. I wasn't even expecting Top 5 or PTA points.)

But at the same time, I'm pissed that despite all of the delays that they actually gave the film a big push but didn't with films like Idiocracy.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:51 am

Dammit, I didn't realise I still had New In Town in this league. Could have swapped it for Taken. At least The Class is finally providing some PTA for me.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:34 am

Alright, I'm going to have to apologize, but I'm not going to be able to give an update this week for the league. I've had a few job interviews, and a contract signing the past few days, and to finish the week off, I'm celebrating my birthday. So as much as I love this place, I don't want to spend it calculating everyone's slates - so I'll just do a double update after the weekend. Sorry everyone, take the extra time to scribble down and send in your Round 2 Super League slates (which I have to do myself).

On a side note: is anyone else finding it hard to get a good slate together for the feb ultimate leagues? Everything good is so expensive, and the cheap stuff is soooooo very shitty! haha

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:38 am

Don't worry about it man. From my own experience, I know how much time the league updates take up. And if you've just got yourself a job and it's your birthday, then congratulations, you've earned a week off!!
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:56 am

I had a very hard time putting one together. It is a tremendously challenging season.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:02 am

AND HERE WE GO! Probably some big changes as two weeks went by, so please, everyone check your slates for errors. This is the final stretch, and if I was a betting man I'd place my money on Buscemi capturing first place - but johnErle reclaims the top this week.

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rankingsweek10

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:28 am

Thanks for the update man!

If I would of picked Paul Blart instead of Nothing Like the Holidays I would be runnin this joint, or maybe if I would of picked anything besides Nothink Like the Holidays
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:49 am

I'll be satisfied if I can maintain my standing and finish in the top 10.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:37 am

Here it is for this week - It's just a short dash to the finish! Again, alert me to any errors you may notice.

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rankingsweek11

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:49 am

Ack! I thought it was the actuals I was using, but apparently, the numbers I was using were still estimates. I'm not going to redo them, but just know that almost everyone, since everyone had Under the Sea 3D picked, is less one PTA point, and it could have made a slight different in the rankings. The $ is also very slightly different, but I doubt it made much of a difference.

So this week is more of a guide than usual, all will be fixed next week.

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Bad news: I won't be updating this week.

Good news: Next week is the last week, and we'll see who won this whole thing.

Also, so I calculate properly next week, do I include the whole weekend, the week until Thursday for Box Office totals (when the next league would officially begin), or only until Saturday because Sunday is March?

I assume it's not the last choice, as that would make it impossible to calculated PTA and Top 5 points.

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next