The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

+5
JackO
Buscemi
transformers2
geezer9687
W
9 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

Post by JackO Fri May 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Geez is right. Mr. Big Shot really changed that team, but they are a lot like the Magic. They are still rough around the edges and will hoist up 3s instead of driving into the lane and getting an And-1.

I'm cheering for the Nuggets since they stole Billups from my Pistons but sometimes it is really frustrating to watch very good teams throw away games with dumb and undisciplined plays.

Magic should shut the door on the Cavs since they are playing at home. But with Lebron, you never know.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

Post by transformers2 Sat May 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Ah the Lakers win i am very sad but i should saw it coming.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun May 31, 2009 2:24 am

Lakers in the Finals again!!!

I really think we can beat Cleveland, Orlando may be a bit of a problem.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:27 am

The worst possible finals match up for me. I have no interest in watching it. I guess its what the NBA deserves.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:56 am

I dont have much an interest in watching the finals either because I loathe the Lakers and i am indifferent about the Magic. It kills me to say it but I think the Lakers are going to murder the Magic.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:40 am

How can anybody not be excited about this Finals? The team that comes outta nowhere, takes out the reigning MVP, and is set to face arguably the best player in the league.

It may not be the big Kobe and LeBron matchup the NBA was hoping for (and that's what they get for trying to predict the Finals with their advertising dollars), but this will be probably better since the Magic are a better team than the Cavs.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:07 am

Because as tranny said, the Lakers should role the Magic.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:54 am

Yeah, as a fan of the Lakers, I hope so.

But I don't think it'll be that easy, the Magic are a dangerous team. I don't think they have shooters to compare to the 3s the Magic put up, and who knows if Bynum will be enough to stop D. Howard.

I think the teams match up pretty evenly, except at the point where Skip and Anthony Johnson are way better than Fisher and Farmar.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 am

The Magic need to learn how to finish. Howard blew it last night. Handed the Lakers an easy victory last night. The Lakers are going to win for sure.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:11 am

In other sports news, I really want the Penguins to win tonight. I hate the Red Wings.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:20 am

Dwight Howard joins Courtney Lee as yet another GOAT for the Magic, they're just giving games away.

I love it though, and I can't wait for Kobe to get his ring without Shaq so everyone can stop talking shit about him.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:00 am

I don't think you can really blame it on Dwight Howard. I think it rests more in the hands of Stan Van Gundy, Jameer Nelson and the refs (which have been horrible all playoffs long). But especially Van Gundy. He has been awful this whole series.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:35 am

Nah, we can blame it on Dwight Howard. I'm sure the whole state of Florida does. If he makes those two free throws, the game is over and the series is tied. He choked, just like Lee did the other game by missing two wide open layups.

I do have to admit, if they had more players with the killer instinct of Turkoglu, they'd probably beat the Lakers. But lucky for us Lakeshow fans, they're outta their league and handing Kobe another ring.

But yes, Van Gundy has been flopping this series. I still don't know why he brings in Jameer Nelson, that's a dumbass decision right there. Alston and Lee were enough to make to the Finals, they're enough to win it.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:39 am

If they foul the fucking three point shooter instead of neglecting to play any sort of defense, they win the game too. You can blame it on anyone really, but the Fisher three pointer was THE PLAY and it was so easily prevented, had Van Gundy any sense or Jameer Nelson any defensive skills.

And about Lee missing the layup at the end of regulation, you try running full speed down court, getting bumped twice by Kobe, catching a ball, shooting a layup with a guy a foot taller than you directly in your face in the span of 3 seconds second. See how many you get in.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:59 am

If I'm a professional basketball player, I get more in than I miss. He should've made it, but he's a rookie and he got nervous. Too bad for him it happened in the NBA Finals.

And Gasol was on the other side of the basket, he had no real chance of blocking it.

Yeah, Jameer Nelson is also an idiot for playing the drive instead of the 3.

Like I said, the Magic are simply not ready for this kind of stage.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:46 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:

Like I said, the Magic are simply not ready for this kind of stage.

Well that much I agree with. Which is why I predicted the Lakers to roll over them in this series. Not because the Lakers are some outstanding team, but because the Magic clearly weren't ready for this, and Van Gundy is choking away the series. This would have been so much better if the Cavs did what they were supposed to do and won that series.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Buscemi wrote:In other sports news, I really want the Penguins to win tonight. I hate the Red Wings.

Amen Boosh and it happened! I was so excited when they won. The sight of Crosby carrying the Stanley Cup was great. He deserves it.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:02 pm

i agree as well. The Magic arent ready for Finals basketball because they are a not a final calibur team. They are a very good team but they just arent good enough to win a title.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:43 pm

transformers2 wrote:i agree as well. The Magic arent ready for Finals basketball because they are a not a final calibur team. They are a very good team but they just arent good enough to win a title.

Umm... They beat Cleveland, which is a finals caliber team, so why wouldn't they at least have a shot at LA? We're a missed basket and a missed call/foul shot away from a 3-1 Orlando lead. I wouldn't get down on them.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:20 am

Well, they're a good team but they're not championship material. A championship team makes those shots. They're like the Suns from 3-4 years ago, they usually had the best record in the League and beat San Antonio, Dallas, and LA routinely. But they didn't have that closing instinct that the great teams have.

But I do admit that LA has been getting lucky, if Magic were championship-caliber, they might have won the series.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:39 pm

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 6 Large_APTOPIX_NBA_Finals_Lakers_M
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:01 am

ugh i hate the Lakers.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:34 am

They had the best (most talented) team this year and deserved to win. That's the bottom line...

I know its old, but I like this picture anyways:

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 6 Kobe_bryant_rapers_8

How about Shaq to Cleveland?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:41 pm

They did have the talent. Kobe is the best player in the league. Shaq to Cleveland no comment. The Suns are one of my fave teams and i think it would kind of hurt to lose Shaq.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6