The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W's New Quote Game - SNL Edition (updated quotes/hints on top of page 25)

+16
IPKI$$
A_Roode
Donte77
leestu
undeadmonkey
silversurfer19
Alyson
numbersix_99
SuperShaan
W
geezer9687
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
transformers2
mfrendo
Buscemi
20 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

W's New Quote Game - SNL Edition (updated quotes/hints on top of page 25) - Page 8 Empty Re: W's New Quote Game - SNL Edition (updated quotes/hints on top of page 25)

Post by undeadmonkey Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:46 pm

these are hard. i dont know any. i know in hancock smith says a line almost like that. is that what your talking about or is it something else entirely?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

W's New Quote Game - SNL Edition (updated quotes/hints on top of page 25) - Page 8 Empty Re: W's New Quote Game - SNL Edition (updated quotes/hints on top of page 25)

Post by SuperShaan Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:50 pm

#8 Truman show
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:41 pm

Er. no one wants to guess the theme to my round of quotes first?
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:10 pm

Hey I know one!

#1 is Patch Adams (although it is very similiar to a line from one of the Kevin Smith movies).
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:30 pm

I honestly have no idea what your theme is 6.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:54 pm

I am ashamed to know that the apple cinnamon one is from Garfield.

Which leads me to believe that the common theme is that the protagonist's name is in each of the film's titles
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:43 pm

You and geez are both correct, six. And as for the theme, you are partially right, the name of the character is in the title... but there's one other thing that the names themselves have in common.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:46 am

Garfield, Adams, Truman...

They're named after US presidents?
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:49 am

4.Drillbit Taylor
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:00 am

Wow, 6 has to be right, and that's a damn good theme.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:00 am

#10 Coach Carter

Excellent theme Shryke.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:23 am

Knowing the theme makes this one a lot easier.

9 is from Ford Fairlane.

Hey six, what was the theme of yours? I can't figure it out.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:20 am

Time to do some summarizing:

1. We can head on down to the maternity ward. You know those chicks put out. (Patch Adams - A_Roode)
2. If there is any attempt for either contestant to cheat, especially with my wife, who is a dirty, dirty, tramp, I am just gonna snap. Do I make myself clear? (Billy Madison - geezer)
3. Have you ever had your head forcibly rammed up your ass?
4. Crap on a shit sandwich! (Drillbit Taylor - transformers)
5. Can't trust women - even when they're dead!
6. I love the smell of Cinnamon Apple in the morning. It smells like victory. (Garfield - numbersix)
7. Not all of us who drink are poets. Some of us drink because we're not poets. (Arthur - leestu)
8. Somebody help me, I'm being spontaneous! (Truman Show - SuperShaan)
9. Some people play hard to get. I play hard to want. (Ford Fairlane - A_Roode)
10. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. (Coach Carter - SuperShaan)

And yes, the theme is films with the names of U.S. Presidents in the title. (Don't bother looking for Bush...)

2 - SuperShaan, A_Roode
1 - geezer, transformers, numbersixm leestu

2 left. (#5 is a toughie.)

Last edited by Shrykespeare on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:33 am

Is #7 Arthur?
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:39 am

correct Leestu!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:51 pm

Is #3 Hancock?
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Sorry, becs, that's incorrect. And besides, John Hancock was never a U.S. President.

That line comes from an action movie.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:17 am

I don't know the remaining quotes but I am very ashamed that this theme was guessed by a non-american. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:14 am

I thought the exact same thing Donte.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:56 am

Okay, hint time...

#3 is an action movie that stars a guy who was the second biller behind Arnold Schwarzenegger in one of Arnie's coolest films ever.

#5 was a relatively obscure action/adventure movie starring an actor who is very famous today, but not at the time... of all the people in movie history to utter the line "I don't care!", his is probably the most famous.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:24 am

*lol*, Tell me that #3 isn't 'Action Jackson'!

Shryke, you rule man, you rule, *lol*
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:26 am

You got it, Roodey. Which means you win, even if Shaan got #5 (which, by the way, was Nate and Hayes, starring Tommy Lee Jones... told you it was a toughie).

You got the next round!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:24 am

Cool! I've got the theme already but need a little time to put together the quotes. I'll have the next game started tomorrow morning.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Damn it, I timed out while putting these up! Blarg! Second attempt. The theme will be obvious with the first correct answer but it will be even easier to get all of these solved when you find out what the people saying the lines have in common.

1. "I overestimated you. You're just a stupid policeman whose luck has just run out."

2. "Respectable baronets from the College of Heralds do not seduce female patients in clinics. On the other hand, they do get their professional details right. The De Bleauchamps tombs are not in the Augsburg Cathedral as you said, but in the Ste. Anna Kirsch. Sir Hillary Bray would have known."

3. "Well, they're both aboard and I must say that Miss Case looks quite attractive ... for a lady!"

4. "For me this is all the world. There is beauty, there is ugliness and there is death."

5. "You have arrived at a propitious moment, considered to be your country's one indisputable contribution to Western Civilization: Afternoon tea. May I press you to a cucumber sandwich?"

6. "Anyone else want to drop out?"

7. "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel old man?"

8. "Hilarious question, particularly from you. Did you ever ask why? Why we toppled all those dictators, undermined all those regimes, only to come home: "Well done, good job, but sorry, old boy, everything you risked your life and limb for has changed."

9. "You are SO WRONG! Because even after I slaughtered you and your little girlfriend, your people would still welcome me with open arms because they NEED what I KNOW!"

10. "Ours is the loneliest profession."
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:08 pm

8 is Sean Bean's character in Goldeneye, and looking at the others I'm guessing they're all from Bond movies, and probably all Bond villains.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next