The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSpan's 300th: Fight Dragon. Save Princess. Get Berries. Throw Baby.

4 posters

Go down

NSpan's 300th:  Fight Dragon.  Save Princess.  Get Berries.  Throw Baby. Empty NSpan's 300th: Fight Dragon. Save Princess. Get Berries. Throw Baby.

Post by NSpan Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:21 am

okay, it seems i've fallen into a bit of a groove.. here's another game celebrating another century-mark milestone of our LIVES (yes, i am referring to my 300th post).. this is Peasant's Quest from the Homestar Runner guys.. it's not for everybody--especially anyone too young to have missed out on the parser-based "GRAPHIC ADVENTURE" phenomenon of the eighties.. if bad video-game grammar doesn't come naturally to you (ie. "talk man," "get rock," etc.), you might not appreciate the subtle genius of this game.. it's a pretty direct parody/homage of the King's Quest series (but you might notice some references to Space Quest, Police Quest, and Hero's Quest too)..

if you're not quite sure about it--here's the TRAILER

i figured some of these new-fangled arcade-y games i've posted might be a bit too fastpaced for our resident fuddie-duddies.. this should be a bit more up their alley.. (you know who you are, grandpa)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

NSpan's 300th:  Fight Dragon.  Save Princess.  Get Berries.  Throw Baby. Empty Re: NSpan's 300th: Fight Dragon. Save Princess. Get Berries. Throw Baby.

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:49 am

I can't get the arrow to hit the target. I 'm no good even at these games.... 19 points out of 150 so far.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

NSpan's 300th:  Fight Dragon.  Save Princess.  Get Berries.  Throw Baby. Empty Re: NSpan's 300th: Fight Dragon. Save Princess. Get Berries. Throw Baby.

Post by NSpan Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:22 am

silversurfer19 wrote:I can't get the arrow to hit the target. I 'm no good even at these games.... 19 points out of 150 so far.
there's only three levels of wind (strong, weak, and none).. once you figure out how much to compensate for each, it's just a matter of hitting the red zone on the power meter
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:44 am

how do you get past the knight?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:50 am

undeadmonkey wrote:how do you get past the knight?
that's kinda 3/4 of the game
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:30 am

I can get the direction of the arrow right, it's the power. I hit the spacebar hard, and I hit the spacebar a number of times fast, but it never hits the board even!

Edit: Ok, I can hit the board now, but can't hit bullseye. Gonna have to practice....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:56 am

silversurfer19 wrote:I can get the direction of the arrow right, it's the power. I hit the spacebar hard, and I hit the spacebar a number of times fast, but it never hits the board even!

Edit: Ok, I can hit the board now, but can't hit bullseye. Gonna have to practice....
i think you might be making it more complicated than it needs to be.. (sorry if you've figured it out by the time you read this).. press spacebar once to start, press it again the moment the left arrow has ascended to the red line.. press it a third and final time when the right arrow has descended to the red line
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:18 pm

I figured out my biggest problem. I couldn't actually see the second bar to time the shot. Eventually I guessed it though, and now I've completed the whole game!! Woohoo. Only got 149/150 though. I guess this one was for the oldies....

Spoiler:
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:32 pm

ah Nspan what would do without you?
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:48 pm

silversurfer19 wrote:
Spoiler:

Are You serious?! I'm not even going to try and play then, so far I've only gotten 1 point! weak game, ha ha, i'm just going to go play nspans 200th or 100th game
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:09 am

Aw. Come on its not that hard! Just do a lot of looking and talking and throwing babies etc. I didn't get to save any princessess though. I was misled by the title of the thread. I was mildly disappointed. I did become a drug dealing, thieving baby abuser though. That's going on the headstone. Always a plus side. [GRIN]
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down