The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dwarf crew come back to earth!!

4 posters

Go down

Red Dwarf crew come back to earth!! Empty Red Dwarf crew come back to earth!!

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:37 am

MSN news has reported that one of my favourite comedy series ever is to return this year:

The Red Dwarf crew will come back to Earth when the show returns this Easter, 21 years since the science fiction series first blasted off.
For eight series totalling 52 episodes, Dave Lister wanted to return to his home planet. Now, at last, he has - in Red Dwarf: Back To Earth.
Written and directed by Red Dwarf co-creator Doug Naylor, the new show reunites Chris Barrie as Rimmer, Craig Charles as Lister, Danny John-Jules as Cat and Robert Llewellyn as Kryten.
The two-part series Red Dwarf: Back To Earth, will kick start a Red Dwarf Easter weekend from Good Friday on TV channel Dave.
This will be followed by Red Dwarf: Unplugged, a "no holds barred" episode with no sets, no effects - and no autocue.
The weekend will climax with Red Dwarf: The Making Of Back To Earth, a behind-the-scenes special from the new production.
Dave will reveal news snippets from the production at joindave.co.uk.
Red Dwarf is Dave's biggest commission yet and its first foray into scripted comedy.
The offbeat series, set in space, has enjoyed phenomenal success since it first aired in 1988 on BBC2.
It brought in more than eight million viewers for series eight, sold 7.25 million DVD and videos worldwide, broadcast in some 25 territories worldwide and won International Emmy and British Comedy Awards.

Sometimes I really wish I lived back in the UK, that sounds like one hell of a weekend. [sigh] I'm extremely intrigued by the no holds barred episode too.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Red Dwarf crew come back to earth!! Empty Re: Red Dwarf crew come back to earth!!

Post by numbersix_99 Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:07 pm

hmm, I enjoyed the show as a kid, but I don't see the need to revive it. The last series wasn't particularly good.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Red Dwarf crew come back to earth!! Empty Re: Red Dwarf crew come back to earth!!

Post by Buscemi Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:17 pm

I think they're bringing it back because they know that the film version will never happen despite all of the annoucements and false start dates.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:30 am

I would love to see some more Red Dwarf. Loved the show, read the books. Can't believe it was 20 years ago. SMEG!
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:01 am

Glad to see I'm not the only one Leestu. I know the last couple of seasons were not up to the usual high standard, but that standard was still pretty good in the wider scale of tv shows. I have full faith they will bring it back great, if only for two episodes, and at least they have all the old cast and crew back too. SMEG!
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:56 am

Will Cat be in the new series? He was my favorite character in the old series.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Yes, he is. All the cast are back.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down