The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Franklyn: Neo-Noir? Steampunk? Whatever you call it, I sure hope it comes to the US!

+5
IPKI$$
NSpan
SuperShaan
mfrendo
becs
9 posters

Go down

Franklyn: Neo-Noir? Steampunk? Whatever you call it, I sure hope it comes to the US! Empty Franklyn: Neo-Noir? Steampunk? Whatever you call it, I sure hope it comes to the US!

Post by becs Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:23 am

(follow the link for HD, or check firstshowing.net to download).

With a release in the UK on Feb 20th upcoming, Franklyn could very well be a nice placeholder for us in the States if Watchmen is a no-show in March!

Last edited by becs on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Franklyn: Neo-Noir? Steampunk? Whatever you call it, I sure hope it comes to the US! Empty Re: Franklyn: Neo-Noir? Steampunk? Whatever you call it, I sure hope it comes to the US!

Post by mfrendo Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:28 am

Wow, never heard of that one before...looks badass!
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Franklyn: Neo-Noir? Steampunk? Whatever you call it, I sure hope it comes to the US! Empty Re: Franklyn: Neo-Noir? Steampunk? Whatever you call it, I sure hope it comes to the US!

Post by becs Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:33 am

mfrendo wrote:Wow, never heard of that one before...looks badass!

That could be because it is from a literal no-name writer/director Gerald McMorrow, whose only other film credit is a single short completed years ago. It could also be because there are currently no plans to release in the States, so there has been zero marketing.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:01 am

becs wrote:With a release in the UK on Feb 20th upcoming

Finally a benefit to living in the UK! A chance to see an obscure film before anyone else tongue
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:37 am

becs wrote:That could be because it is from a literal no-name writer/director Gerald McMorrow
if he was literally a no-name writer/director, i think it would be pronounced more like: " "
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:55 am

Looks very interesting to say the least. Looks like it'll be a tad confusing though.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:17 pm

NSpan wrote:
becs wrote:That could be because it is from a literal no-name writer/director Gerald McMorrow
if he was literally a no-name writer/director, i think it would be pronounced more like: " "

No
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:06 pm

This actually looks interesting. Dark City meets Sin City kind of thing. Hopefully i'll be able to see it in Australia (yeah right!)...
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:55 am

Looks great. Hope it makes its way over here eventually.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:19 am

NSpan wrote:

Well, you've certainly got me there... a figuratively no-name writer director?
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:27 am

becs wrote:
NSpan wrote:

Well, you've certainly got me there... a figuratively no-name writer director?
there we go. tongue

and, hey, the guy DID do a music video for Tom Jones.. that's something.......................isn't it?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:42 am

Let's not be too hard on him, guys. He did direct some videos for My Vitriol (Always Your Way - one of the videos I recently posted in the music thread), Catatonia (Road Rage - another great video) and Space (female of the species), as well as directing Thespian X, for which he achieved the Turner Classic Short Film Festival prize (The Turner Prize is pretty much the most acclaimed art event in the UK).
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down