The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster

+8
mfrendo
brockman81
SuperShaan
Buscemi
undeadmonkey
BanksIsDaFuture
Shrykespeare
Swedgin!
12 posters

Go down

New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster Empty New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster

Post by Swedgin! Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Holy Hell. Hold on to your cookies:

New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster Reveng10
Awesome
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster Empty Re: New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Gadzooks. I haven't seen anything that scary-looking since the Balrog.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster Empty Re: New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Not really doing it for me. Probably because I'm too familiar with The Fallen. TF2 is still THE movie to see this summer IMO.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Well we finally get to see something from this movie

It;s only five months away and all we had seen so far was Megan Fox on set. I wonder if Shia is going to have his hand in a brace half the movie...
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:39 pm

That would be a cooler poster if they didn't use it for Another Bad Transformers Movie (I still can't believe the first made over $300 million domestic).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:40 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Not really doing it for me. Probably because I'm too familiar with The Fallen. TF2 is still THE movie to see this summer IMO.

I think it looks pretty awesome... but then again I know nothing of The Fallen. Why is he called that anyway? Unless its a spoiler, then i dont want to know.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:30 pm

undeadmonkey wrote: I wonder if Shia is going to have his hand in a brace half the movie...

Yeah, its been written into the plot.

So is that Megatron?
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:02 pm

I doubt it. I think I read a blurb on WorstPreviews.com that Megatron would NOT be appearing in Transformers 2.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 pm

SuperShaan wrote:
undeadmonkey wrote: I wonder if Shia is going to have his hand in a brace half the movie...

Yeah, its been written into the plot.

Yea, that's why i was wondering

So is that Megatron?

I think its supposed to be The Fallen, I'm not even sure if its supposed to be one robot or a group...

it doesnt look that different from megatron though

New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster Megatron_posterbig

Edit: hmm, now that i see it, they actually look a lot different
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Wow, that poster sucks. I read that Shia messed up his hand pretty bad so I'm assuming he'll have the cast on for a lot of the movie. I'm personally looking forward to the GI Joe movie more than Transformers 2.
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:
I think it looks pretty awesome... but then again I know nothing of The Fallen. Why is he called that anyway? Unless its a spoiler, then i dont want to know.

From Wikipedia: Although the Fallen's origins are only suggested in his comic book appearance, they would be fully explained in Dorling Kindersley's Transformers: The Ultimate Guide. One of the original thirteen Transformers created by Primus, the robot who would become the Fallen betrayed his creator by siding with Primus's dark twin, the malevolent planet-eater, Unicron. In the final battle between Primus and Unicron, the Fallen fell victim to the same fate as his master, sucked through a black hole into another dimension. However, while Unicron emerged into another universe, the Fallen was not so fortunate, finding himself trapped in the "underspace" between dimensions.

The character appears in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009). Director Michael Bay described him as "apocalyptic". An endoskeletal robot with large tentacles, which is behind the wall painting, has hinted it will be the Fallen. The body was shown on the set, and the eyes of it was on the packaging.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:26 am

Wow, damn... tough room. I happen to LOVE the poster, but, then, I love Starship Troopers, Coneheads and Chicken Run, too.

[ POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT: BE WARNED. (BE F@$%ED!) SWIPE TO READ... ] Take all this with a grain of salt, I'm hardly "read in" on the production, but I have SOME information, and can offer a few educated guesses. I believe "The Fallen" refers to a race of proto-Transformers, Cybertronians preceding the current population of Autobots and Decepticons, who left Cybertron aeons ago and landed on Earth, perhaps even enslaving the ancients and along the way inspiring or directing human social and technological development from the time we were wandering along the banks of the Two Rivers in the Fertile Crescent, until just a few centuries before the rise of the Pharoahs. (Elements liberally borrowed from 2001: A Space Odyssey, StarGate and The Fifth Element.) It turns out the All-Spark's arrival on Earth was no accident, no simple fluke of gravity or mathematical improbabilty; the Fallen, who abandoned their civilization to war and ruin long before the Autobots or many of the Decepticons were ever born, er, fabricated, CHOSE Earth (for reasons passing understanding) to become a new home for them "when the time came." The Cube was DRAWN here, and, therefore, so was Megatron, and so was Bumblebee, and so were all the other gadgets.

Megatron and one or two of his minions may have some knowledge of What It All Means; he was connected, in some way, to the All-Spark, and he may have some insight into the minds and plans of The Fallen. Long ago, The Fallen intended to create a new mechanical Paradise on Earth; however, they pushed the indigenous sentient life forms, we puny humans, into open revolt, spoiling their techno-Eden... hence, their name. Turns out there's an actual reason why Blackout / Scorponok attacked the U.S. SOCCENT air base in Qatar, and it has nothing to do with the fact that, as that reporter from Monsters vs. Aliens so astutely observed, Americans are the only people EVER attacked by invading alien nightmare aggressors. (Whatever.) The SOCCENT air base was the most powerful and technologically advanced collection of machinery in that part of the world The Fallen occupied. Logically enough, Blackout assumed that here were the ugly bags of mostly water who had vanquished them long ago, and that the degree of sophistication of their mechanical and military assets could be traced in a direct line back to The Fallen and their millennia-old victory over them.

The Fallen were defeated, but never left. Note the design of that one-sheet... Remind you of anything? Like, representations of the Pharoahs? The design seem similiar to you? THE FALLEN WERE THE FIRST "PHAROAHS". They -- or, at least, their leader -- was buried under the Great Pyramid at Giza, and it's entirely likely that other Fallen are similiarly entombed all over the world, in every country and by every society that mysteriously managed to evolve the same basic ziggurat, pyramid, or stepped-mountain concept in their greatest works. (Turns out, I suppose, that EVERY human architectual achievement is bound to be credited to giant alien space robots: I can't wait to hear what their explanation for the Great Wall of China is. Is a hundred-mile-long cyborg snake sitting under it?)

Anywho, The Fallen will be resurrected, but the consequences will be disastrous, not merely for the puny humans, but for the Autobots... AND the Decepticons, led by Starscream, who will suddenly begin to figure out that they won't be the masters of Eden after all, once The Fallen, who are much stronger, wiser and more destructive than even Megatron, take over. The Decepticons are to The Fallen, who are analagous to the Titans of Greek myth, as humans are to the Decepticons. When Optimus Prime is slain in battle with The Fallen, a desperate plan is hatched that might be the only chance to preserve TWO races: And so the end of the film sees the remains of Megatron being raised from the Laurentian Abyssal, where hopefully the Navy will have the decency to bring up the wreck of that Alfa from Red October, and retrieve what's left of its crew.

Expect The Fallen to appear "less finished" than their sleeker, sexier Decepticon inheritors, and utterly unmerciful toward both humans and machines. Though the Decepticons, and perhaps even some Autobots, will initially revere The Fallen, the Old Ones will have NO patience and will not in any way desire to share their hard-got Eden with these new, youthful interlopers. Megatron was a pawn; they all were. It was thought that the arrival of the "new" generation of Cybertronians would result in the annihilation of the human race, making it all the easier for The Fallen to sieze power and control once they'd been revived. They will not be pleased to discover that this is not in fact the case, that humans are still in the way, and that NONE of the younger mechanoids has the balls or the ability to get it done. Yet.

I expect the third, and perhaps final installment in the franchise to be absolutely friggin' awesome.

ETA: ...Bear in mind, this is in large part ONLY MINIMALLY INFORMED FANBOY SPECUHALLUCINATION, and may have about as much in common with the actual finished product as E.T. has with H.R. Giger's Alien. But, as another occasionally rational extraterrestrial life form once observed, what I've outlined here "seems to fit the facts" as I know them, and, actually, my occasional default snarkasm aside, I think it's a pretty damned good story, plagiarism and all. I'm extremely jazzed to see this film, and as long as Bay takes pains not to make this installment resemble too much an unholy union of Armageddon and a Chevy Trucks "Like a Rock" commerical, I think it will EASILY be the biggest film of the year, and maybe even one of the better-reviewed blockbusters.

New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster Unicron1
Could The Fallen really be... Unicron?

Last edited by Swedgin! on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:26 am; edited 8 times in total
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:39 am

The posters aight, nothing special IMO. But then again I absolutely despised the first movie and didn't even get halfway through it, and I was a HUGE Transformers fan as a kid...I didn't even watch G.I Joe, but as was mentioned before I'm frickin' psyched for it! If only for the cast, really.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:30 am

If they want a great third film, they should go in a different direction completely. No Shia, no Megan Fox, no government subplots, no Bay, just classic 1980's style robot on robot action.

Either that or I try to get a theatrical reissue of Transformers: The Movie (which happened in the UK).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:34 am

But if those elements are precisely what make the first two films successful, it makes absolutely no sense for them to take a different direction.
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:35 am

New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster Transmorphers
i love that there is an entire sub-industry built around the fact that most people don't read well and are easily confused
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:40 am

Hey! I resemble that remark. [Grin]

New 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' teaser poster Tard10
You know you want to
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:46 am

Such an awesome poster June 26th cant come any quicker.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down