The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is Official. We no longer exist!

+11
MisterInformative
Synestro
NSpan
Buscemi
becs
Shrykespeare
Swedgin!
silversurfer19
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
Donte77
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 Empty Re: It is Official. We no longer exist!

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:41 am

Wait, yes you are refreshing the page, or yes I'm that pathetic?
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 Empty Re: It is Official. We no longer exist!

Post by NSpan Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:01 am

a little of column A, a little of column B
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:24 am

geez: Yes.

[Grin]

It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 Yes_ma10
What he said
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:29 am

Thank you for taking the bait. Thank you so much. Glad we're on the same page.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:44 am

So to speak. [Grin]

It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 26_1
Somebody stop me before I pun again
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:00 am

man, i wish we had thought to find a way to archive the old BBS before they deleted it forever.. to think: all that witty banter, trash-talk, the overtly complicated polls, the OCD-induced top 10 lists (of EVERYTHING!), novel-length posts that nobody bothered to read in the first place, the enlightened presence of SonsOfJamesCameron--all LOST... Crying or Very sad
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:12 am

Yeah, we'll sure miss... some of that.

It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 Born-to-rule_sm
sonofjamescameron

ETA: Hey... wait... "novel-length posts that nobody bothered to read in the first place"? LOL...
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:33 am

Swedgin! wrote:ETA: Hey... wait... "novel-length posts that nobody bothered to read in the first place"? LOL...
hey, that's not necessarily about you!! Wink

ps. anyway, i'm waiting for the book-on-tape versions read aloud by the author himself
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:07 am

To Atomic Moguls:

It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 F_u_st11
Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:13 am

So..

I just realized...

My top 100 was on there, bookmarked...

I don't think I backed it up.

*cry*
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:18 am

That is so sad becs... looks like you'll have to make a new one... i wish you good luck with that if you do.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:32 am

It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 RussellBrand

Coming Soon: Russell "World's Sexiest Vegetarian" Brand is Johnny Depp!

A Co-Production of Jerry Bruckheimer Films, The BBC and PETA

Last edited by Buscemi on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 am

Spannaus, I just realized how very much you dated yourself when you referred to the original FM Forum as a "BBS".

It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 20th_c11
One day computers will be as small as a two-car garage
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:31 am

Swedgin! wrote:Spannaus, I just realized how very much you dated yourself when you referred to the original FM Forum as a "BBS".
lol.. i guess so.. in the pre-internet days, me and my brothers ran a little Austin-based BBS called The Round Table.. we had all the must-have doorgames: It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 Lord
It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 Tradewars1
etc, etc..

good times.. then this pesky thing called windows and the Intro-net took over.. damn shame
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:57 am

LOL... Once upon a time, I helped run a Kingsland, Georgia board called, appropriately enough, "Sub Sailors BBS". And used MILNET, and played AD&D 2nd edition, and thought Ultima VI: The False Prophet and SimCity were the be-all, end-all of computer gaming.

It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 116401_2
Another fave
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:20 am

And once upon a time, the coolest game I owned was a C64 game called Alternate Reality: The Dungeon. It was supposed to be the 2nd in a seven-part series that, unfortunately, never continued past that point. But it was cool for a first-time gamer.

Check out this awesome opening sequence! (remember, this was 1986)

They actually had some decent original music for the game, too:

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:39 pm

NSpan wrote:man, i wish we had thought to find a way to archive the old BBS before they deleted it forever.. to think: all that witty banter, trash-talk, the overtly complicated polls, the OCD-induced top 10 lists (of EVERYTHING!), novel-length posts that nobody bothered to read in the first place, the enlightened presence of SonsOfJamesCameron--all LOST... Crying or Very sad
If you have a browser that displaces the Crave banner ad they had up, you might be able to get in through the news.fantasymoguls.com original content page, which (and I did check this) IS still up...

Also, I totally posted that the boards were gone, like, 2 days ago. But it's cool, I'm ahead of the curve a lot. Cool Wink
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Wow. That sucks but can't say I'm surprised.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:38 pm

MisterInformative wrote:Also, I totally posted that the boards were gone, like, 2 days ago. But it's cool, I'm ahead of the curve a lot. Cool Wink
hence the name
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:25 pm

I think some of you are coming down too hard on the powers that be of Fantasy Moguls. I mean, business is business. If FM was not making any money, it just doesn't make sense to keep it going for a few dozen dedicated followers of films. Sure, we suggested a payment scheme, but thinking about it, those 50 or 60 of us who post regularly would have to donate something $100 a year to make it viable, not to mention the further cost that the company would have to put in place to set up a payment scheme that's all nice and legal. Ultimately, I can understand that FM had to close. They probably didn't put a huge amount of effort into finding ways to keep it running, but that just means that it was generating pennies for them.

I do admit, however, that it's a pity that they just closed down the message boards without any warning. I suppose they saw no activity but an email to Mr I or Shryke would have been appreciated. Now all I can think of were the few good rants that are now lost in the ether.

As for Watchmen, apparently Zack Snyder HAS changed the ending, or at least the method used to achieve the big plot twist. And I can understand that, to the extent that to someone who hasn't read the comics, the end would be a little difficult to handle. 180 minutes is a minimum time for adapting Watchmen, but to be honest, Watchmen's strength is in all its small elements, its character subplots, the other narratives (the Black Freighter comic, which took me quite a while to relate to the main narrative), all combining to make a sort of whodunnit much, much richer. And I don't trust Zach Snyder as a director. I enjoyed the pace of Dawn of the Dead, but 300 is the most vacuous video-game cut sequence I've seen in years. Neither of his alst two films displayed any real understanding of character, which makes me concerned that he's directing a film that should be entirely about character. But let's see what the reviews are like. In 2012.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:33 pm

numbersix_99 wrote:I think some of you are coming down too hard on the powers that be of Fantasy Moguls. I mean, business is business. If FM was not making any money, it just doesn't make sense to keep it going for a few dozen dedicated followers of films. Sure, we suggested a payment scheme, but thinking about it, those 50 or 60 of us who post regularly would have to donate something $100 a year to make it viable, not to mention the further cost that the company would have to put in place to set up a payment scheme that's all nice and legal. Ultimately, I can understand that FM had to close. They probably didn't put a huge amount of effort into finding ways to keep it running, but that just means that it was generating pennies for them.
agreed
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:28 am

Shryke did know a few days ahead, and shared it with most of the rest of us, remember?
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:44 am

I meant about the forum going down

EDIT: And by going down I of course men being shut down, just to clear up any sick-minded cowboys roaming these parts

Last edited by numbersix_99 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:59 am

Nice thoughts, there, Six, I wholeheartedly concur.

...[L]et's see what the reviews are like. In 2012.
LOL, too true, you bastard.

ETA: Erm, perhaps you'd like to rephrase that last comment, there, bud.

It is Official.  We no longer exist! - Page 2 Watchmen-fox-wb-issues
Tick... tick
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by delfinasu Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 am

We no longer exist??!!! I had to pinch my cheek Smile Le roi est mort! Vive le roi! Smile FM died at last... Long live the Fantaverse Resurrected! The POWER is still OURS!
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

http://delfinasu.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next