The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dark Knight Re-Releases January 23rd

+8
Buscemi
J.I.
Mannix2121
transformers2
geezer9687
mfrendo
undeadmonkey
JackO
12 posters

Go down

The Dark Knight Re-Releases January 23rd Empty The Dark Knight Re-Releases January 23rd

Post by JackO Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:17 am

From Aint It Cool

“THE DARK KNIGHT” RETURNS TO THE BIG SCREEN ON JANUARY 23RD

THE WIDELY ACCLAIMED HIT WILL BE RE-RELEASED IN THEATRES AND IMAX.

BURBANK, CA, December 4, 2008 – Warner Bros. Pictures is bringing “The Dark Knight” back for a return engagement in theatres and IMAX on January 23, 2009, giving audiences one more chance to see the film on the big screen. The film will re-open nationwide, it was announced today by Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures President of Domestic Distribution.

In making the announcement, Fellman stated, “‘The Dark Knight’ is a crowning achievement in every sense of the word. We wanted to provide one more opportunity for moviegoers to experience it on the big screen as it was meant to be seen.”

One of the most celebrated and successful films of this or any year, “The Dark Knight” has been hailed by both critics and audiences since its original release last July. The film garnered widespread acclaim for its artistic and technical achievements, including the work of its outstanding cast and its director, Oscar®-nominated filmmaker Christopher Nolan (“Memento”).

Led by Christian Bale, reprising his role from “Batman Begins,” and Academy Award® nominee Heath Ledger (“Brokeback Mountain”), the ensemble cast also includes Academy Award® winner Michael Caine (“The Cider House Rules”), Gary Oldman (the “Harry Potter” films), Aaron Eckhart (“Thank You for Smoking”), Maggie Gyllenhaal (“Stranger than Fiction”), and Academy Award® winner Morgan Freeman (“Million Dollar Baby”).

In addition, critics and moviegoers alike applauded Nolan’s revolutionary use of IMAX cameras to film some of the most challenging action sequences ever created—a first for a major feature film.

Nolan directed “The Dark Knight” from a screenplay written by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. Charles Roven, Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan produced the film, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull serving as executive producers.

Collaborating with Nolan behind the scenes were two-time Oscar®-nominated director of photography Wally Pfister (“The Prestige,” “Batman Begins”), Oscar®-nominated production designer Nathan Crowley (“The Prestige”), Oscar®-nominated editor Lee Smith (“Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World”) and Oscar®-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming (“Topsy-Turvy”). The music is by Oscar® winner and multiple Oscar® nominee Hans Zimmer (“The Lion King,” “Gladiator”) and seven-time Oscar® nominee James Newton Howard (“Michael Clayton,” “The Fugitive”), who previously collaborated on the score for “Batman Begins.”

Originally released on July 18, 2008, “The Dark Knight” broke virtually every possible box office record to become the top-grossing film of 2008 and the second-highest grossing movie (domestically) of all time.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Syncopy Production, a Christopher Nolan film. “The Dark Knight,” is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.

“The Dark Knight” is distributed worldwide in theatres and IMAX by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company. The film has been rated PG-13 for “intense sequences of violence and some menace.”
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Re-Releases January 23rd Empty Re: The Dark Knight Re-Releases January 23rd

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:49 am

I'm not going to go see it. I got my dvd coming next week! Cant wait!

Last edited by undeadmonkey on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled)
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Re-Releases January 23rd Empty Re: The Dark Knight Re-Releases January 23rd

Post by mfrendo Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:57 am

Just begging to get the number one spot...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:16 am

I'll go see it again. Nothing good is coming out in January.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:25 am

Yeah, not much in January, but Gran Torino will prob go wide, as will Defiance. Both of those look at least decent. And then there's the 3D horror film I'll prob go see solely because it's a horror film in 3D. Blood better be splattering like a mother----er, I'll tell you that!
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:48 am

Notorious comes out in January and thats about it.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannix2121 Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:58 am

mfrendo wrote: And then there's the 3D horror film I'll prob go see solely because it's a horror film in 3D. Blood better be splattering like a mother----er, I'll tell you that!

I am so excited for that one! My Bloody Valentine is the name of it I believe...but yes I will also be going to see it just because it's a horror movie in 3D!
Mannix2121
Mannix2121
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannix2121 Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:59 am

I am interested in seeing Notorious and Gran Torino as well, but will still probably see TDK one more time on the big screen Very Happy
Mannix2121
Mannix2121
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:05 am

So let me get this straight. They said back in September or so that TDK would be re-released, then LAST WEEK said that they wouldn't re-release it, and now they say they will. Question
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:38 am

If this is on more than IMAX screens and second-run theatres, then it won't make sense. People won't pay eight dollars for something you can rent on DVD for two dollars.

Meanwhile, what I want to see in January:

Gran Torino
Defiance
Notorious
The Unborn (Jewish Exorcist? I'm there!)
Inkheart
Underworld 3 (this might actually be pretty good, it seems like they're breathing new life into it by focusing on the Lycans)
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:40 am

Yeah, remember how The Departed made an Academy run in January? It didn't do much of anything.
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:44 am

This is not The Departed. This is the movie that made 530 million freaking dollars! This is a phenomenon. It will make at least 25 million more.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lillylovelost Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:07 am

I might check it out in IMAX. I didn't get to see it the first time in IMAX.
lillylovelost
lillylovelost
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

http://gangsterdorothy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am

$25 million more? You're on crack. $10 million, tops.
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:57 am

This has nothing to do with a bid for awards season in many catagories, right? LOL!
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:21 pm

If they were smart they'd market this as "let's beat Titanic!". Hell, I'd go see it twice again if there was a possible way to get that damn movie off of number one...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by lillylovelost Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:40 am

Sort of random tidbit:
I do know for a fact that The Dark Knight has been submitted for Best Screenplay. I also know of a few other films being submitted as well (including Frost/Nixon and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button).

Also, The Dark Knight FYC ads were placed in Variety not too long ago:
The Dark Knight Re-Releases January 23rd TDK-variety-FYC-ads-Joker-lg

The Dark Knight Re-Releases January 23rd TDK-variety-FYC-ads-Picture-lg
lillylovelost
lillylovelost
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

http://gangsterdorothy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:13 am

Yeah, I can see it maybe winning best adapted screenplay -- 'cause they would cite the DC Comic as source material, right? Although Frost/Nixon (from the stage play) should make a run at it too.
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:40 pm

Any best adapted screenplay nominee will have its hands full with Doubt. The play won a pulitzer fer fucks sake.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down