The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super-contest of 2008

5 posters

Go down

Super-contest of 2008 Empty Super-contest of 2008

Post by delfinasu Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pCSK4s5lCizGm_fUZfSpqHw you'll find the update as of 11/30.
After the release of Madagascar 2 and James Bond 22, the standings are a little different than the last update.
The favorites are still: JackO, delfinasu, geezer9687, SuperShaan (+2 at standings due to both movies ante-mentioned), jas_8382, cRAzY (+4) and becs.
Unfortunately, Madagascar 2 with the competition of Bolt AND Twilight, have now little chances to surpass $ 205M Sad that's why Jacko has the first shot to win. Che sera, sera...
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

http://delfinasu.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Super-contest of 2008 Empty Re: Super-contest of 2008

Post by Swedgin! Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:13 am

Criminy! ALL THREE participating former & current FM featured columnists in the BOTTOM FOUR! Holy delicious irony, Batman!

For the record, here's how I fared, or, well, erm, not:

[1] WALL*E ($223.7M, #5)
[2] Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ($317.0M, #3)
[3] The Dark Knight ($530.7M, #1)
[4] Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ($0.0M, delayed to 2009)
[5] The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian ($141.6M, #13)
[6] Get Smart ($130.3M, #16)
[7] Quantum of Solace ($158.3M, #8)
[8] Star Trek ($0.0M, delayed to 2009)
[9] Speed Racer ($43.9M, #53)
[10] Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! ($154.5M, #9)

Dude. Speed Racer... I mean, just... Dude.

...Are we doing this again in '09? I can't WAIT to see how badly I suck NEXT year!

Super-contest of 2008 Broke-bat-1
Shrykespeare and Nico were the Batman and Robin of FM's featured columnists. Shryke, of course, was Robin.
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:39 am

ahem.. erm... not to get involved. but that doesnt look like robin.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:29 am

Yead UDM, you're right.
That's definitely The Green Lantern, but still funny.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:13 am

yea i know, i was insinuating that he was cheating on Robin.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:44 am

wow...that one was totally Wilt Chamberlain.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by delfinasu Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Swedgin! wrote:Criminy! ALL THREE participating former & current FM featured columnists in the BOTTOM FOUR! Holy delicious irony, Batman!

...Are we doing this again in '09? I can't WAIT to see how badly I suck NEXT year!

Who ever thought at these surprises at the bottom? Smile Nico, of course we're doin' it again in '09 - just click here. There are already some subscriptions! The lock date was voted 1st of February, 2009. So you have plenty of time for... revenge Smile

One more thing: Good Luck!

As for the updated standings of super contest of 2008, click here for the actuals. Not many changes. It seems that after all JackO will be the winner king . Madagascar 2 can't do $35 M more Sad I needed "just" $210 M for Madagascar 2 and it seemed so possible at the beginning Sad I'm resignedly with 2nd place Crying or Very sad The only moguls that can be a little higher than now at the final standings are: cRAzY, jas_8382, pulpclub, numbersix_99 and J.I..
I'll do the next updates on the first week of January and then every 2 weeks until end of February.

Don't forget to look up for the final standings of this contest and for the super-contest of 2009.
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:28 am

Responding...

First off, flipper (Nico-name!), thanks so much for setting 'em up again for next year. I've already got my Top 10 figgered out: Fanboys, Race to Witch Mountain, Piranha 3D, Pink Panther 2, Tekken, Vanilla Gorilla, G-Force, Inkheart, Dallas and Where the Wild Things Are. Yes, in that order. I can't lose! [Finding Nemo Coral-esque giddy giggle, right before she got unceremoniously eaten by Sarah Palin]

(The hands-down funniest thing about that being, of course, I very likely got one or two in the goal, there.)

spectralsimian (another Nico-name!), you are correct. That's not Robin. If it were, such an image would suggest an appallingly inappropriate relationship with my particular friend Shrykespeare... Oh, man, that's just SICK! Sick, sick, SICK!!! How could you... how could you... how could you even THINK that?!?!? BLARGH!!!!!

...[I was] insinuating that he was cheating on Robin.
How dare you inseminate such a thing! ...Um, erm. Ahem. Funny how some words sound like other words, huh? ... [Pointing] Hey, is that Skylab over there?

...[Y]ou're right. That's definitely The Green Lantern, but still funny.
Glad someone thought so. IPKI$$, thy Nico-name is henceforth MIL0. Deal with it... It's what you get for admitting that you know Green Lantern. [Grin]

...Oh, and it turns out that "yead" is actually a word, so, I'll overlook it. Something about it being a "defective imperfect yode," which sounds like a lot of my relatives, actually. Good job bringing that one to our attention.

[W]ow...that one was totally Wilt Chamberlain.
Ironic that a guy with his, erm, legacy should be afflicted with a name like "wilt". I'm just sayin'. It would be pretty trippy to find out that Casanova's first name was Limpy... Though "Giacomo" is, erm, problematic, too, it turns out.

Writing is just remembering clever things other people have said.
Yes, and imitation is the sincerest form of plagiarism. --Me.

Here's a thought: Hamilton, NJ is the Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America. Washington, DC is the Official Capital of The United States of America. Washington's three primary contributions to society are death, taxes, and corruption. Anyone still interested in making reservations?

Super-contest of 2008 Batmantouchofdoom
Wonder Woman's "night job", Aquaman's rampant needle-sharing and the Martian Manhunter's dangerously ill-advised bath-house activities would later haunt the entire Justice League.

ETA: Wait... damn. I'm not Nico. Nevermind. You can all go back to being who you claim to be, I guess. (For now.)

ETA2: Btw, dolphin-boy, the Smiley-Americans have infiltrated your post and are having anchor smilies. Notify the Minutemen.
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Actually, Nic-, Swedgin!, I already have a Nico-name. Well, StnMan5 did. I changed it as I felt a re-birth of The Fantaverse might warrant one of my forum prescence as well.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by delfinasu Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Huh, StnMan5, I didn't knew from where to have your writin'...
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:38 am

Actually, Nic-, Swedgin!, I already have a Nico-name. Well, StnMan5 did. I changed it as I felt a re-birth of The Fantaverse might warrant one of my forum prescence as well.
That reasoning sounds vaguely familiar. And, remember, Grandfather say: You can never have too much money, sex, or Nico-names. He was a stupid, stupid, stupid man.

Super-contest of 2008 WebDrunk%20MonkColor2
The newest Prestige Classes were far more popular.
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by delfinasu Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 am

UPDATE: 01/18/09
============

The updated standings are here (click on the link).
jas_8382, numbersix_99 and J.I. are rising, but the medals are going to be more than sure rewarded to the actual top 3 (JackO, delfinasu and geezer9687).

jas_8382 has a shot to surpass SuperShaan, but that's all that he'll get.

Don't forget to look up for the final standings of this contest and for the super-contest of 2009.

Last edited by delfinasu on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : remember 2009 blockbusters; top 3)
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by delfinasu Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:44 am

UPDATE: 02/15/09
============

The updated standings are here (click on the link).
Top 3 is JackO, delfinasu and geezer9687 and I think that these are very close to the final standings which will be announced on the first week of March 2009 with the numbers of February the 28th, 2009.

Last edited by delfinasu on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link)
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:54 am

I'm positive those will be the final standings delfinasu, as there really are no more 2008 films earning that anyone picked.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by delfinasu Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 am

Ta-ra-ra-rum-raaaa.... drums sounds Smile aaaaand...

the final standings are here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pCSK4s5lCizHPriGIO4OAWg

As I expected 2 months ago, Top 3 is JackO, delfinasu and geezer9687.

Congrats to the winners! Thank you all for participating! Hope that you all are in for 2009 edition. And I am waiting you already for 2010 edition when I will have some interesting ideas how to have a more incitant and exciting contest Wink

When I'll have some free more time, I'll post here some interesting statistics of our choices Wink so, keep close! Wink

Until then... waitin' 4 your reactions, comments, suggestions and, why not, congratulations Smile
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down