The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread

+17
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
leestu
Donte77
silversurfer19
becs
BarcaRulz
RonBurgundy
W
Keyser Soze
NSpan
numbersix_99
IPKI$$
mfrendo
transformers2
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
21 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread

Post by Buscemi Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:43 am

Avatar looks nothing like Delgo.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread

Post by undeadmonkey Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:55 am

I'm looking forward to Avatar, but i'm also not listening to the hype. Cameron, so far, has always been able to deliver an interesting story with his films
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:59 am

Buscemi wrote:Avatar looks nothing like Delgo.

I believe they're changing the title to "Battle for the Delgo Thundercats."

I read it somewhere last week.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 am

Toy Story 3D Double Feature: 10/10

Really cool, but really its just the fact that it was Toy Story. You can't go wrong there. I hadn't seen either in a really long time and this was a great way to remind me of them.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:48 am

Doesn't matter how good Toy Story is, that damn girl in Toy Story 2 always undermines how good I think that movie is. It would easily match the first movie if it wasn't for her. She just annoys me so much. Maybe that's the point but it does make it a little harder to watch because of her.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:53 am

It also allows me to re-assess my Pixar list. Here's where I stand at the moment:

1. Up
2. Ratatouille
3. Toy Story
4. The Incredibles
5. Monsters Inc.
6. Toy Story 2
7. A Bug's Life
8. Cars
9. Wall-E

Still haven't seen Finding Nemo and don't really desire to.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:59 am

A shame then Geez, certainly in my top 3 Pixars. Why don't you have any desire to watch it?
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:35 am

Because I haven't heard much good about it and I can't stand anything Ellen Degenerous has ever done. I hate her with a passion.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:00 pm

You haven't heard much good about Finding Nemo? I thought that was one of Pixar's universally loved movies, like Up or Toy Story.

Ellen is great in it, and I don't like her at all. Although her stand-up Here And Now isn't that bad...

You should give it a shot, it really is a great movie.

And my Pixar list is pretty much the same as yours, except I'd switch The Incredibles and Cars.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:44 pm

Saw Whip It this weekend, liked it 6/10. The characters and story were all alot of fun, it didn't try to be indie or hip, kudos to Drew Barrymore on directing as well as taking a hit (or 10) in the movie. The only thing I really didn't like was the pool scene... It made no sense why they were awkwardly trying to keep themselves underwater for like 5-10 minutes of the film. Also, she had no bruises anywhere during that scene, which seemed unlikely.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:14 am

geezer9687 wrote:Still haven't seen Finding Nemo and don't really desire to.
Finding Nemo is the best Pixar film, imo.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:21 am

No offense, but you also love Spongebob... I don't know how much I can trust that we'd have similar opinions.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:25 am

To be honest, Geez, I don't know where you have this impression that Finding Nemo isn't well liked. Seriously, if there is a Pixar movie other than Toy Story more loved then I don't know what it is. It is universally adored by everyone I know and ranks in most fans top 3.

And Ellen's role is not so large that even a diehard hater of her would be put off. There are a number of different strands of the narrative and she is only in one of them. Even so, she is very good in the movie.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:32 am

From people I know and trust, not popular opinion. According to the popular opinion, Wall-E was supposed to be some great cinematic achievement that was robbed of Oscars and was also in most top 3's. I thought it was one of the worst movies I've seen in the past few years.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:25 pm

bah, Wall-E was brilliant.. you'll come around
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:03 pm

No I really won't. It bored me. I have no reason to watch it again.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 am

Just saw Zombieland, and it was totally amazing! I laughed sooo hard! And the zombie action was bloody and amazing as well, I'd say its probably in my top 5 now with Drag Me to Hell and co. as a favorite of the year. YEAR OF THE HORROR COMEDY! (wish I could say the same about Jennifer's Body, which was absolutely atrocious).

I haven't talked in this thread before, so here is a quick rundown of stuff I've seen in September/October (so far) [Not a fan of number rating movies off of one viewing, but here goes anyways]:
Halloween II - * out of ****
The Hangover (second run theatre) - *** out of ****
The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard (second run theatre) - 1/2* out of ****
The Informant - ** out of ****
Surrogates - *** out of ****
Jennifer's Body - 1/2* out of ****
Evangelion 1.0: You are (Not) Alone - no rating yet
Zombieland - **** out of ****

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:25 am

Paranormal Activity - 7/10

Really good, love the slow build. The acting is iffy, but they're not supposed to be "actors" anyway. They've got a great build up, but the ending is a letdown, at least to me. It pulled me out of the illusion. But there's some very, very creepy imagery here.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:50 am

Was able to chill and get in 3 movies today:

Capitalism: A Love Story - ****/****
Another great Moore documentary. Not much I didn't already know, but it put a lot of interrelated things in perspective and was informative and entertaining at the same time.

The Ex (Unrated) - 0/****
It was a basic comedy, but they forgot to put in the funny parts. It was a pure 80 min of 'who gives a fuck?'. Seriously BAD. I like Zach Braff, Jason Bateman, Amy Adams, Amy Poehler, and Amanda Peet, and did not like this movie at all. And I don't know why the fuck it was unrated...their was nothing to put it past PG-13 that I saw in this version.

Raging Bull ****/****
Haven't seen it in awhile, but was great once again. One of the best movies ever!
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm

For what it's worth, Geez, I don't like Ellen at all either. Finding Nemo is not a great film, to be honest. It's far too episodic for my liking, with not much depth of character. But, it's a Pixar movie, so it's still worth watching. It's nowhere near as good as Toy Story, Up, The Incredibles etc, but if you enjoyed A Bug's Life then you may as well watch Finding Nemo, as you will get something out of it.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:23 am

Finding Nemo is pretty good i find it to be overated but then again i am in the same boat as geez with Wall-E so my tastes on Pixar films could be a tad bit off.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:29 am

transformers2 wrote:Finding Nemo is pretty good i find it to be overated but then again i am in the same boat as geez with Wall-E so my tastes on Pixar films could be a tad bit off.

I loved WallE, but just because you didnt, it doesnt mean your taste is off, everyone has a right to their own opinion.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:33 am

Zombieland 10/10

Funniest movie of the year easily and just overall awesome.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:36 am

This is just too good a story to keep secret:

CLICK HERE!!!!

And also, could someone send me a review of Couples Retreat if possible?
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:58 am

Couples Retreat: 7/10.

Saw it yesterday. Very funny, the cast were excellent together, but towards the end it got way too cheesy, as most of these types of movies do.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next