The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I couldn't make this shit up!!!!

5 posters

Go down

I couldn't make this shit up!!!! Empty I couldn't make this shit up!!!!

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:41 am

PITTSBURGH -- The producers of the horror thriller "Shelter," starring Julianne Moore, have fired a Pittsburgh casting director.

Donna Belajac Casting put out what the producers said was an insensitive casting call for extras to appear in a scene set in West Virginia.

The casting call said the film is looking for extras who are extraordinarily tall or short, those with unusual body shapes and unusual facial features, and even people with physical abnormalities.

Casting agency director Donna Belajac told WTAE Channel 4's news exchange partners at the Tribune-Review that the casting call wasn't meant to stereotype people from West Virginia.

The announcement, as was posted on Donna Belajac Casting's Web site, read:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In addition to regular folks for scenes in and around Pittsburgh, we are looking for people to populate a West Virginia 'Holler.' People who have any of the following attributes should attend:

Extraordinarily tall or short. Unusual body shapes, even physical abnormalities as long as there is normal mobility. Unusual facial features, especially eyes.

We are also looking for a 9-12 year old Caucasian girl with an other-worldly look to her. Could be an albino or something along those lines -- she's someone who is visually different and therefore has a closer contact to the gods and to magic. 'Regular-looking' children should not attend this open call."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belajac told WTAE Channel 4's news exchange partner, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, that the description is not intended as a generalization of West Virginia residents.

"Some of these 'holler' people -- because they are insular and clannish, and they don't leave their area -- there is literally inbreeding, and the people there often have a different kind of look. That's what we're trying to get," she told the Trib.

Critics said the casting call stereotypes West Virginians as inbred carnival sideshows.

"Shelter" producers Emilio Diez Barroso and Darlene Caamano Loquet said the movie isn't set in West Virginia and the state won't even be mentioned.

Barroso and Loquet said the casting call was put out without their knowledge.

An open casting call is scheduled for March 2, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., at the Holiday Inn North Hills, 4859 McKnight Road, Pittsburgh, Pa., 15237.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

I couldn't make this shit up!!!! Empty Re: I couldn't make this shit up!!!!

Post by Donte77 Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:42 am

Hahahhaah Sweet.

So how exactly do you say you want ugly deformed inbred rednecks for your movie without saying deformed inbred rednecks??? Smile

"I am casting a movie role for this, umm, really, not tall person."
"You mean a midget or a dwarf?"
"No, that would be insensitive to say that I am only looking for a midget. I am just looking for an adult under 3 feet tall with short sausage fingers."

Idiots...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:44 am

I think the casting agent thought they were remaking The Mothman Prophecies. Last movie to take place in WV
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Wrong Turn took place in West Virginia, Keyzer. That came out a year after The Mothman Prophecies.

And is it me, or does Julianne Moore seem to be doing a lot of genre movies lately? First Eagle Eye (she voiced the villain), then Blindness and now this film. Could this be the latest in a series of declining careers for good actresses?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:11 am

No, because Julianne Moore is a fucking terrible actress who got a few lucky roles in great movies. That's all.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:39 pm

That is hillarious. I am not really fan of Julieanne Moore she's not a bad actress she just annoys me.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down