The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rob Zombie to make Halloween 2 - released in 2009

4 posters

Go down

Rob Zombie to make Halloween 2 - released in 2009 Empty Rob Zombie to make Halloween 2 - released in 2009

Post by Mannix2121 Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:27 am

Dimension Films and Rob Zombie are teaming for another chapter of "Halloween," and he's racing to have the film ready for an October 2009 release. Zombie will write and direct "H2," the sequel to his 2007 reinvention of the John Carpenter horror classic. Production will begin in March.

The new film picks up right as the first remake ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted.

Zombie said it won't resemble the original second installment, and he instead will continue to take the franchise in different directions.

Zombie took Carpenter's original and stamped it with an original storyline that treated Myers as a clinical psychopath. The film grossed $60 million domestically in 2007.

Zombie had told Dimension chief and TWC co-chairman Bob Weinstein he wanted nothing to do with a sequel. But Zombie was compelled to come back. "I was so burned out. (But) I took a long break, made a record and I got excited again," Zombie said. "Now, we'll be hauling ass, and that's the problem making a movie called 'Halloween': If you come out Nov. 1 or after, nobody cares. If it was called anything else, I'd be fine."

source:
Code:
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=11308&count=0

This is kinda surprising, I remember him saying he wanted no sequels made. I also recall him saying for his next film he wanted to do a country-western? Haha oh well, everyone's entitled to change their minds I guess, I actually really enjoyed his re-creation of Halloween so this one should be good as well.
Mannix2121
Mannix2121
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Rob Zombie to make Halloween 2 - released in 2009 Empty Re: Rob Zombie to make Halloween 2 - released in 2009

Post by Buscemi Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:31 am

I would have preferred seeing Tyrannosaurus Rex made but if this sequel is more like the previous installment's first half than the second, I'm there (I loved the film's first half but the second half was meh).

I actually see this as being The Weinstein Company's last breath before dying. The first was one of their few hits and Malcolm McDowell was already signed on for 2 and 3, so you kind of knew it was coming.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Rob Zombie to make Halloween 2 - released in 2009 Empty Re: Rob Zombie to make Halloween 2 - released in 2009

Post by W Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:58 pm

That's what I thought. The first half was good. Second half was a cheesy "These people are having sex so you know they are going to die" horror film.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:54 am

Yup. I'll see the second one simply because, like has already been mentioned, the first 45 minutes of the remake were absolute brilliance and convinced me that Rob Zombie actually had some talent. But, then again...I prefer the new one to the original...so what do I know?
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannix2121 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:50 am

W wrote:That's what I thought. The first half was good. Second half was a cheesy "These people are having sex so you know they are going to die" horror film.

That's kind of what made it so brilliant though...I mean it was a remake but it also was an homage to the original. Think about the way it was shot: death scenes largely off-camera, the suspense, the brutalness, lots of gratuitous nudity, etc. It didn't really overdo it with the gore like so many remakes these days do, but focused more on the story of MM.

Funny story though, when I first saw this in theaters the lights came on and this group of people stands up behind me and starts bashing the movie immediately.
Girl #1 "Wow that movie sucked!"
Girl #2 "Yeah! This is why I hate remakes they're so stupid and a waste of time!"
Girl #1 "Yeah, the original was way better!"
Girl #2 "I never saw the original, but yeah!"

Really?
Mannix2121
Mannix2121
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:00 pm

I did a similar thing with the When A Stranger Calls. After seeing the raping of another 1970's horror classic (rent it please), the film faded to black and said out loud (but not shouting) "Well that sucked". The full house of teenagers burst out laughing, agreeing completely with me.

Again when I saw the raping of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers last year, I started in getting the entire audience of fifteen or soon to heckle the film and laugh at every stupid or pointless moment in the film (such as the scenes with Nicole and the kid naming different types of nuts). Once it ended, I actually had a brief conversation with other hecklers and I recommended the other three versions and Slither to them (better films about alien invasions and the taking over of bodies).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down