The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Carter Of Mars To Begin Production In November

5 posters

Go down

John Carter Of Mars To Begin Production In November Empty John Carter Of Mars To Begin Production In November

Post by Buscemi Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:18 pm

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/disney-sets-up-andrew-stantons-john-carter-of-mars-in-utah.php

If this article is not lying to me, it's telling me that Disney and Pixar are going to finally get the long in development hell John Carter Of Mars made. Andrew Stanton will be making his live-action directorial debut with the film and they will be shooting the film in Salt Lake City. The film, like Stanton's Wall-E, will combine live action with animation but in a more extensive stage. Though no release date has been mentioned, my best guess is Summer 2011.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

John Carter Of Mars To Begin Production In November Empty Re: John Carter Of Mars To Begin Production In November

Post by Donte77 Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:21 pm

I think I just got a little hard.

We need more movies that combine live action with computers for Sci-Fi stuff. We have established that it works with Transformers, Spider-Man etc...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

John Carter Of Mars To Begin Production In November Empty Re: John Carter Of Mars To Begin Production In November

Post by J.I. Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Doesn't Pixar already have two films coming out in 2011? They usually come out with one movie per year, no way they have three.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:49 am

This one will combine live-action with animation and will also feature involvement with Disney. So basically Disney with be doing the live-action scenes and Pixar will be doing the animation. This will ease Pixar's workload since they will not be creating a whole film like they are right now, but instead animation for a film that is mostly live-action.

Also, Pixar is going to open a second studio in Vancouver so I imagine that the animation will be done at both studios so to get the film ready for Summer or Winter 2011.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:51 am

By a second studio I hope they mean just another location and not a bunch of non-Pixar people making a movie.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:01 am

It's still Pixar, only they will have two studios now.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:58 am

Isn't John Carter of Mars that movie with Ice Cube? Are they remaking it?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:07 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Isn't John Carter of Mars that movie with Ice Cube? Are they remaking it?

That's Ghosts Of Mars. John Carter Of Mars is a series of books by Edgar Rice Burroughs (the guy who created Tarzan).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:25 pm

The full title is John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars...which is where the confusion would come in...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down