The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Regular" Box Office League Standings (6/2) - Mar (FINAL), Apr, May

4 posters

Go down

"Regular" Box Office League Standings (6/2) - Mar (FINAL), Apr, May Empty "Regular" Box Office League Standings (6/2) - Mar (FINAL), Apr, May

Post by Shrykespeare Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:49 am

MARCH BOX OFFICE LEAGUE - "Chasing Storms"

Kudos to Graywolf, my buddy and comrade (not to mention the guy who signs my time-sheets) to his first-ever victory. And by $70 million, no less! Wow! I have taught you well, grasshopper!

APRIL BOX OFFICE LEAGUE - "Cheese and Crackers"

And Graywolf is going for back-to-back victories, it would seem, as he commands a whopping $98 million lead with one month to go.

MAY BOX OFFICE LEAGUE - "Shawshank Redemption"

Our resident Frenchman, Chienfantome, leads the pack one month in. Outstanding!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

"Regular" Box Office League Standings (6/2) - Mar (FINAL), Apr, May Empty Re: "Regular" Box Office League Standings (6/2) - Mar (FINAL), Apr, May

Post by W Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 am

Sorry, Gray, but Shrykey is wrong... No way you'll win April. There's no way I won't at least pass him with what I've got left...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

"Regular" Box Office League Standings (6/2) - Mar (FINAL), Apr, May Empty Re: "Regular" Box Office League Standings (6/2) - Mar (FINAL), Apr, May

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:27 pm

As happy as I am to be in 2nd place, W will probably pass me and Graywolf due to that damn Transformers.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:07 pm

It's not just something I threw together either, I actually went out and researched how much the first Transformers film made and found out it was a steal if it came close to those numbers... Now it looks like it will surpass them.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Wait, you mean you played the game its supposed to be played and actually put thought behind the slates? You rebel! Wink
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:41 pm

I know, man, isn't it crazy? It seemed like a safe pick that if a film makes $150 M in 5 days, its offspring would make at least $100 M in that span. There have just been some obvious (to me) films who's floor is a 5x multiplier (Obsessed, Fast and Furious, and several others). You can't ask for more than the worst a pick is going to do being a good pick (if that makes sense). I've been going for the safe picks and its paying off...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:32 pm

geezer9687 wrote:Wait, you mean you played the game its supposed to be played and actually put thought behind the slates?

(He lied to us through song!)
I hate when people do that Mad
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down