The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

+22
Alyson
Chienfantome
Mannix2121
JackBurton
W
Donte77
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
mfrendo
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
SuperShaan
leestu
numbersix_99
Synestro
transformers2
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
becs
JackO
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
26 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 22 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by NSpan Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:01 am

Fleetwood Mac - Albatross

this was in Man on Wire (a movie that left me pretty unmoved)--but it reminded me of how great a band early Fleetwood Mac was... a great white-blues band, in the vain of Cream, Ten Years After, and (more directly) John Mayall's band.. anyone who thinks Fleetwood Mac was all about Stevie Nicks, check out their first TEN albums

(just to bring the point home)
Fleetwood Mac - Oh Well (Part One)

check out part two if you're interested
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 22 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by numbersix_99 Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Need your musical help, guys,

Below you can download a crappy recording I made of some promo on TV. But I need to know what the song is. It sounds like Chemical Bros but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

http://rapidshare.com/files/192659430/MIC-200 9-02-01_21h53m12s.wav

Help me! I'm losing sleep over this!
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 pm

Sorry six, really not my field. Sounds like The Chemical Brothers, but could be Daft Punk or maybe someone else entirely. Really can't help though. At least you have been able to spread the distress now though....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:55 pm

silversurfer19 wrote:Sorry six, really not my field. Sounds like The Chemical Brothers, but could be Daft Punk or maybe someone else entirely. Really can't help though. At least you have been able to spread the distress now though....

Thanks for trying, SS- I've listened to a few Chem Bros and Daft Punk songs already but nothing yet. I may actually call up the TV station to find that out!
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:05 am

What is the ad that its from? You may have mo luck if we know that, a bit more easily searchable..
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:16 am

numbersix_99 wrote:Need your musical help, guys,

Below you can download a crappy recording I made of some promo on TV. But I need to know what the song is. It sounds like Chemical Bros but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

http://rapidshare.com/files/192659430/MIC-200 9-02-01_21h53m12s.wav

Help me! I'm losing sleep over this!

Mirwais - Disco Science

i know it from the Snatch soundtrack.. also, it samples a bit from The Breeders - Cannonball

Last edited by NSpan on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:27 am

Love Cannonball
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:42 am

Lamb Of God's new one Contractor
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:39 am

NSpan I can't thank you enough- I've been dying to hear that song for ages. I owe you, man!
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:45 am

numbersix_99 wrote:NSpan I can't thank you enough- I've been dying to hear that song for ages. I owe you, man!
when me and the internet team up, there's little we can't accomplish.. Wink
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:56 am

Here's a song from a band I loved in my teens, can't get a video, but here it is never the less:

Warm Jets - Hurricane
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:42 pm

NSpan wrote:
numbersix_99 wrote:NSpan I can't thank you enough- I've been dying to hear that song for ages. I owe you, man!

Did you know the song already? Or are you interweb skills that good?
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 pm

The soundtrack for this film has been much maligned but I like it anyway.

The Alan Parsons Project- Theme From Ladyhawke

Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Ever since Shryke played 'Homer and Jethro,' I've been on a kick of irreverent, comedic country music. Jerry Reed - She Got the Goldmine (I Got The Shaft) is my choice:

A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:57 pm

In honor of my favorite non-Anime animated feature, and the discussion regarding favorite animated features of all time... I give you today's Bex Pick, Lit - Over My Head, theme song from Titan AE.

becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Great pick Becs. Love that song and that movie. Easily one of my favorite animated films. I can remember watching it over and over again. Also, one of Lit's best songs. Awesome band.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Completely agree. Awesome, awesome movie. The animation in the ice-field scene was mesmerizing, and the soundtrack was great from start to finish. (Planet BOB!)
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:52 am

numbersix_99 wrote:
NSpan wrote:

Did you know the song already? Or are you interweb skills that good?
i actually knew that it was from a soundtrack (i mean, come on, it's gotta be!).. and guy ritchie seemed about right, so i just thumbed through the Lock, Stock and Snatch OSTs until i found it.. i think the Kill Bill soundtrack would've been my next guess if it wasn't there
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:33 am

Didn't get a chance to post here last night, so I'll just go ahead and take care of my video picks for yesterday, today and tomorrow all at once, a trio by another one of my favorite 80's/90's groups. Everyone, and I mean everyone has at least one song by this group that they love, and here are my favorite three. I'll start with the one EVERYBODY knows, their biggest hit, their coolest riff, their gnarliest video:

INXS - Need You Tonight/Mediate

This one has an interview/introduction with keyboard/guitar player Andy Farriss:

INXS - Suicide Blonde

This one was, sadly, one of their last charted hits before Michael Hutchence's very untimely death.

INXS - Elegantly Wasted (the only version of the video I could find that didn't have the embedding disabled)

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:04 am

Is it me or did Michael Hutchence always look like he was a serious drug addict?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Buscemi wrote:Is it me or did Michael Hutchence always look like he was a serious drug addict?

I always thought in INXS' early days, he looked like he wanted to be Jim Morrison.

Here's one that pretty much explains my 4 day weekend in Tampa at the Super Bowl

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 pm

Great song, great band, congrats to the Steelers and BASEketball!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:47 pm

Oingo Boingo - Bachelor Party

(i emailed Rob Schrab from the Sarah Silverman Program to see if i can get an mp3 copy of "Mongolian Party". i daresay it parallels (and perhaps surpasses) the original)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 pm

One of the best bands I was lucky enough to see live. Great pick NSpan
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:08 am

So ever since hearing Reel Big Fish, I've been on a ska kick all day. Here's a little Streetlight Manifesto for you.

We Will Fall Together
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next