The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FANTAVERSE FIRST LOOK: SUMMER 2010 - Hits, Misses, Faves?

+14
Alyson
becs
NSpan
geezer9687
brockman81
IPKI$$
BanksIsDaFuture
W
silversurfer19
Buscemi
transformers2
undeadmonkey
JackO
Shrykespeare
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FANTAVERSE FIRST LOOK: SUMMER 2010 - Hits, Misses, Faves? - Page 2 Empty Re: FANTAVERSE FIRST LOOK: SUMMER 2010 - Hits, Misses, Faves?

Post by Donte77 Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:16 pm

That is hilarious because I heard two opposite reviews from friends about the Happening. One liked it and thought it was good. The other said it was a steaming pile.

Iron Man 2, Jonah Hex, and anything Nolan directs is automatic for me.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

FANTAVERSE FIRST LOOK: SUMMER 2010 - Hits, Misses, Faves? - Page 2 Empty Re: FANTAVERSE FIRST LOOK: SUMMER 2010 - Hits, Misses, Faves?

Post by Buscemi Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Despicable Me was renamed before opening. It could be the most unappealing title ever for a kids' movie (even more than Delgo).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:03 am

I don't think the Toy Story thing is such a good idea. People probably won't want to go to a double feature, and kids definately won't be able to sit there. Plus, the 3D still makes my eyes hurt sometimes and three hours will be too much. And spliting it up means more money!

Anyways, May looks strong. Iron Man 2 could possibly hit $400 million, as could Toy Story later that summer.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:26 am

Sex and the City 2 will be coming out May 28, 2010. (Box Office Mojo)
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:11 am

I think this is M. Nights last chance

I thought The Village was his last chance for most people...So, why the hell do people still keep going to his movies? Yeah, they're not going in droves like they once were, but his movies are still making money. The only movie of his that has disappointed me was Lady in the Water, after which I said to myself, "If his next movie is bad, that's it." And I loved The Happening...I think he's a brilliant auteur (I don't just throw that term around either) and will go see anything he does, and most people still see his name and relate it to something worth seeing. At least you can't say that he doesn't make HIS movies, as opposed to the one the audience wants him to make.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:29 am

IPKI$$ wrote:
I think this is M. Nights last chance

I thought The Village was his last chance for most people...So, why the hell do people still keep going to his movies? Yeah, they're not going in droves like they once were, but his movies are still making money. The only movie of his that has disappointed me was Lady in the Water, after which I said to myself, "If his next movie is bad, that's it." And I loved The Happening...I think he's a brilliant auteur (I don't just throw that term around either) and will go see anything he does, and most people still see his name and relate it to something worth seeing. At least you can't say that he doesn't make HIS movies, as opposed to the one the audience wants him to make.

I agree^^^ I think he's brilliant, I mean come on he was trying to make
Spoiler:
scary. I dont think he pulled it off and I didnt like it, but personally I love Signs, Unbreakable, The Village, The Sixth Sense and I even liked Lady In the Water.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:45 am

I think he was actually trying to attack our collective post 9/11 paranoia in which every little thing is seen as a major threat to humanity, but when a legitimate natural disaster occurs, no one notices and people couldn't care less. I thought he did a very good job at stressing how stupid his movie was meant to seem...He wanted people to see what they look like when someone is found with a shoe-bomb TRYING to get on a plane. But, everyone has opinions, and while I think part of his intention was to make people think it was stupid, I could see people who were expecting a serious disaster film being incredibly disappointed.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:43 pm

I liked everything that M. Night has done save Lady in the Water. I don't think The Happening was near his other work, but he's set the bar for himself so high with his first two films--Unbreakable was almost as good as the 6th Sense. I've seen him compared to Orson Welles in that he produced such a great film for has directoral style that there's no way he can ever live up to it again. The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were as good as any movie I've seen since, I thought that Signs and The Village were pretty good, and The Happening would have been much better if John Leguizamo would have been the lead.

I've seen every film since the Sixth Sense and all of them save one was a decent to great film. Also, don't be put off by this next film. Leave your judgment until we see another true twisty-turny M. Night film.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Ipkiss- I've never thought of it that way, That's very interesting.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2